Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Combat Related Special Compensation (CRSC) - VA Disability - $$$ LOOK!!!  (Read 4179 times)

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...

I just received my notification that I will receive Combat Related Special Compensation. This is real money and it is retro-active to January 2004!
If you are getting a VA disability of at least 10% and are retired military --- listen up! Go to: http://www.dod.mil/dfas/retiredpay/combat-relatedspecialcompensationcrsc/retroactivepaymentofcrscandorcrdp.html
You don't necessarily have to have served in a combat zone... it also includes war preparation (ie: time in Strategic Air Command where you spent time on alert and war readiness exercises where you prepared for war) and many others. You are entitled to this compensation!
If you need help, seek out your VA rep or your particular service personnel center. If you can't get anywhere with them or are confused about the red tape. PM me and I'll assist. You've made the sacrifice and you earned it. Thanks for your service my brothers and sisters!!   :2vrolijk_21:

twincam

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Bagger

YADAYADAYADA!  Fighting this battle as I speak.  Apparently over twenty one years of active federal service with combat tours isn't quite enough.  I have two service related disabilities...........both 0%.  And that is from a list of eight, six of which the VA believes are not service related.  Maybe I'm not broke.  I guess the VA will get to me in their own sweet time.  ::) ::) >:(

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member

YADAYADAYADA!  Fighting this battle as I speak.  Apparently over twenty one years of active federal service with combat tours isn't quite enough.  I have two service related disabilities...........both 0%.  And that is from a list of eight, six of which the VA believes are not service related.  Maybe I'm not broke.  I guess the VA will get to me in their own sweet time.  ::) ::) >:(

I guess I'm "lucky". I was awarded my permanent disability 6 months after discharge. The key to getting the CRSC is having a disability of 10% or greater.

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member

This has been around for awhile.  The key is that you have to be retired after 20 years.  I understand there are several bills pending that will allow those of us retired with less than 20 years service to join the party.  For example I was retired on 60% disability after 3.25 years.  My VA stipend  (70%) is more than the Army retired pay thus I've elected to take the VA disability.  I can't get both.

Dan
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?

Submitted my USAF paperwork this week to the board, we'll see what they come back with!  :2vrolijk_21:

Hmmm, being tax time wonder if this is exempt from the ole IRS as is the VA $'s  :nixweiss:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...

This has been around for awhile.  The key is that you have to be retired after 20 years.  I understand there are several bills pending that will allow those of us retired with less than 20 years service to join the party.  For example I was retired on 60% disability after 3.25 years.  My VA stipend  (70%) is more than the Army retired pay thus I've elected to take the VA disability.  I can't get both.

Dan

You need to go see your local County Veterans Service Officer.  Over 50% S/c and you are eligible for the ofset, but you have to ask for it.  You should be getting a sizable chunk of your retirement by now if your case has been managed correctly.  (Note:  I'm 100% and get my full retirement +)    See your VSO! soon! your losin' money!
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member

Submitted my USAF paperwork this week to the board, we'll see what they come back with!  :2vrolijk_21:

Hmmm, being tax time wonder if this is exempt from the ole IRS as is the VA $'s  :nixweiss:

I looked it up and it IS TAX EXEMPT from federal taxes.  :2vrolijk_21:

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?

:2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :jalapeno: :carrot: :cucumber: :bananarock:
Good news!!
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member

You need to go see your local County Veterans Service Officer.  Over 50% S/c and you are eligible for the ofset, but you have to ask for it.  You should be getting a sizable chunk of your retirement by now if your case has been managed correctly.  (Note:  I'm 100% and get my full retirement +)    See your VSO! soon! your losin' money!

Are you sure?  I've been following this since it came out and I thought 20 years was a requirement.  I'll check it out anyway.  With what I pay in taxes anything from the feds would be welcome.  Thanks!!

Dan
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...

whoa daddy!  back track a bit.  VA Disability is tax exempt.  Retirement is taxable.  CRSC is taxable in some cases, but only a few. 

DFAS, in most cases, will NOT send a W-2 on the retirement unless you contact them and request it, annually. (which has the effect of leaving a lot of folks thinking it is non-taxable...  dammit!) 

2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...

Are you sure?  I've been following this since it came out and I thought 20 years was a requirement.  I'll check it out anyway.  With what I pay in taxes anything from the feds would be welcome.  Thanks!!

Dan

There are exceptions which take it to 12 and 15 years...   may want to check if you fall in that category.   
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.