Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Dolphin massacre in Japan  (Read 4542 times)

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

Dolphin massacre in Japan
« on: March 13, 2007, 04:59:35 AM »

********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
Re: Dolphin massacre in Japan
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 05:10:04 AM »

I cant even begin to respond to that.  Gee      where's those sunami's when ya need one to drown those ^%&*(&'s when ya need one? wow  such a heartless  race.... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(   and ya wonder why the bird flu started there...  :-\
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 05:11:55 AM by ESJ JESTER »
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

twincam

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 03:02:32 PM »

:veryangry2: :bomb2: :bomb2: :furious2: :furious2: :furious2: :devil: :devil: :cry2: :zwtf: :zwtf: :end: :stop: :stop: :stop: :smilie_daumenneg: :smilie_daumenneg: that is some sorry chit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 03:08:12 PM »

Moral equivalence is a slippery slope.  And those are unsettling images.  I personally quite disagree with the Japanese slight of hand on "research" to get around the whaling treaty obligations and this type slaughter as well.  But you have to wonder what a devout Hindu's response might be to us when viewing a scene from a Kansas City beef slaughterhouse?

twincam

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 03:16:58 PM »

yes, but dolphins are the 2nd most intellegent being on this planet, are they not? us, them then the slopes!!!!!! ;D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 03:29:39 PM by twincam »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 03:18:14 PM »

yes, but dolphins are the 2nd most intellegent being on this planet, are they not? us, them then the slops!!!!!! ;D

Not if you believe the Hitchhiker's Guide  :nixweiss: .

twincam

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 03:22:16 PM »

you ever heard of a cow workin for the US Navy???/

twincam

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 03:30:02 PM »

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/navy/a/navydolphin.htm

Dolphin use by USN and a few other agencies goes back a long ways.  Interesting history of some use in Vietnam in one wants to go back and find it.

twincam

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 03:31:31 PM »

Moral equivalence is a slippery slope.  And those are unsettling images.  I personally quite disagree with the Japanese slight of hand on "research" to get around the whaling treaty obligations and this type slaughter as well.  But you have to wonder what a devout Hindu's response might be to us when viewing a scene from a Kansas City beef slaughterhouse?
HOLY COW!!!! I get it now!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 03:34:14 PM »

It's hard to draw that line, Don..that's for sure.  And we all tend to draw those lines in different places to suit our needs/wants.  The Dolphins, whales, etc....but particularly the Dolphins, actually have a larger frontal cortex than we humans, have sex for fun/pleasure, obviously have sophisticated communication ability.  About the only difference I see between us and them is at some point they stayed in the water...

What these humans are doing is despicable, and in my eyes at least, is murder of another sentient being.  It's like killing children...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 07:07:14 PM »

But you have to wonder what a devout Hindu's response might be to us when viewing a scene from a Kansas City beef slaughterhouse?

Let alone the scene of the SEEG Ride for no Good Reason when it hits Morton's :bananarock:

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 08:02:03 PM »

Well I can accept the train of thought  reguarding the devout hindu  and our slaughterhouse to the point  of the actual act.  We do kill many animals but we have developed a method using electric shock that takes the suffering portion of the deed to a extreme minimum. The other thing with them is  the deception then to package it as a different product. That country destroys the sea at a rate higher than thier population growth.  bottom line after viewing that is   "it's  just wrong"....  and we know theres plenty of wrong  going on there north of the 38th also!! 
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 08:25:04 PM »

I'm not condoning the slaughter shown in this video, but at least the Japanese eat what they kill. Major League Pitcher David Wells from San Diego went on  " safari " recently and killed a leopard for no reason other than to kill it. That's bullchit. God put the lesser creatures on earth to sustain one another and ultimately man. Anyone who hunts and eats the meat or ensures that it isn't wasted is fine in my book. Killing for killing's sake is wrong - - - - PERIOD. Wells is a Major League A$$hole

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 08:49:53 PM »

Man bites dog so to speak.....

A large sperm whale attacked a fishing boat at Uwajima bay, central Japan

http://player.clipsyndicate.com/player/play/190/158210?noresize=1

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 08:53:25 PM »

HOLY COW!!!! I get it now!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Damn you Twin Cam, that was perfectly good soda I just dribbled!

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 08:55:14 PM »

Don needs just 19 more dead cats to fill up with a tankful of diesel  ;D !!!

Inventor turns dead cats into diesel
A German inventor says he's found a way to make cheap diesel fuel out of dead cats.
Dr Christian Koch, 55, from Kleinhartmannsdorf, said his method uses old tyres, weeds and animal cadavers.They are heated up to 300 Celsius to filter out hydrocarbon which is then turned into diesel by a catalytic converter.He said the resulting "high quality bio-diesel" costs just 15 pence per litre.

Koch said the cadaver of a fully grown cat can produce 2.5 litres of fuel - meaning around 20 cats are needed for a full tank.He said: "I tank my car with my own diesel mixture and have driven it for 105,000 miles without any problems."

Annelise Krauss of the Dresden Animal Protection Association blasted Koch's new diesel though, saying: "This is as bad as experimenting on animals."
 [smiley=dier_21.gif]

Just wondering, how many tanks could you get out of a dolphin?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 09:01:39 PM »

It's hard to draw that line, Don..that's for sure.  And we all tend to draw those lines in different places to suit our needs/wants.  The Dolphins, whales, etc....but particularly the Dolphins, actually have a larger frontal cortex than we humans, have sex for fun/pleasure, obviously have sophisticated communication ability.  About the only difference I see between us and them is at some point they stayed in the water...

What these humans are doing is despicable, and in my eyes at least, is murder of another sentient being.  It's like killing children...

TC, I don't disagree with you.  Not at all.  But, for different reasons, those of us sitting at Morton's in a few weeks could be seen as just as barbaric by some. 

I do think there's a line being crossed.  I do think the dolphins are "different" than other lesser animals.  But the other side will argue that the line itself is a construct.  That it's still a lesser animal. 

Of course making things that black and white, that absolute, opens up the same debate on the Great Apes, chimps and even the more significantly handicapped among the human population.  Slaughter of more highly developed animals is but a step from euthanasia of the more developed (in my book) of the highest on the evolutionary ladder.  But it's all "lines."  And there is no one absolute rule about who makes them or when they're crossed.  Especially across societies and histories that's a difficult thing not just to do, but even understand.  Even within societies there can be significant tensions on such issues.

Bottom line, I wish the dolphins could shoot back.  Line after that; I'm not historically Japanese.....

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 09:01:45 PM »

FFSA   Flipper Fuel Stops of America??    :nixweiss:    2 gal  for a ($5) Fin??

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 09:55:38 PM »

Dolphins are GAY sharks,    (not my joke heard on xm)----AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 10:05:09 PM »

AK.
     My Grandmother whom I still miss very much even though she's been gone for 20 years used the word GAY to mean happy. Grams would have laughed at your joke because it's funny in that context too. Yeah, that's cool, like if Robin Williams were a shark he'd be a dolphin.

Thanks for the laugh

B B

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 10:49:16 PM »

TC, I don't disagree with you.  Not at all.  But, for different reasons, those of us sitting at Morton's in a few weeks could be seen as just as barbaric by some. 

I do think there's a line being crossed.  I do think the dolphins are "different" than other lesser animals.  But the other side will argue that the line itself is a construct.  That it's still a lesser animal. 

Of course making things that black and white, that absolute, opens up the same debate on the Great Apes, chimps and even the more significantly handicapped among the human population.  Slaughter of more highly developed animals is but a step from euthanasia of the more developed (in my book) of the highest on the evolutionary ladder.  But it's all "lines."  And there is no one absolute rule about who makes them or when they're crossed.  Especially across societies and histories that's a difficult thing not just to do, but even understand.  Even within societies there can be significant tensions on such issues.

Bottom line, I wish the dolphins could shoot back.  Line after that; I'm not historically Japanese.....

I guess the "line" for most cultures that can think and concern themselves with more than the three basic needs tends to change as other "needs" are thought of and attempted to be met.  The line for me personally is killing things that are basically free to live however they are meant to live in wild places, which are quickly declining due to the encroachment of what we tend to think of as "superior" beings....us.  Domesticated animals like cattle, pigs, chickens, and to some extent, fish, are no longer free, and have historically not been so.  Fishing "free" waters responsibly ensures not only the survival of species, but our own as well.  Doing so irresponsibly ensures our own doom.  The supply is no longer "endless", as those of us with opposable thumbs have invented increasingly effective, and devastating, ways of harvesting our natural resources.  There are places and things on the planet which need to remain totally and completely wild.  We need to know when we enter those places that we are no longer at the top of the food chain...it puts us in our place and teaches some humility in the process.  This is not a anti-hunting thing, as we have effectively removed most of the natural predators, so we must, to some extent, take their place responsibly.  We are, like it or not, and believe it or not, the stewards of this blue ball...so far I've not a lot of confidence in our ability to carry this burden we've placed on ourselves effectively.  There's too many rats in the tank, bro.  What gives us the right to think we can do as we please with obviously devastating results.  History is being written very, very quickly these days....
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 11:26:39 PM »

History is being written very, very quickly these days....

Very true.  "Tipping points" for real harm can be hit suddenly and without noticing until after the fact.  I've never been a leaf waving greenie out to yell "the sky is falling" and worry about the lot of every possible protozoa species that might be isolatedly threatened by major projects that obviously benefit many human beings.  Further than that I'm (barely) bright enough to recognize that much of the sound and fury thrown the loudest often really means nothing. 

After all, it was only a generation or so ago that the doomsayers were warning us of "Global Winter" scenarios if better ecological and environmental standards weren't practiced.  Global Winter begat Global Warming and, as these things go, such are too easily dismissed.  Then, what the hell do you know, some of the crack pots turn out not to be crack pots after all.  And after much study of the science presented, and much time for the science to become mature, you suddenly (and perhaps belatedly) realize that the science finally became understandable barely in time for it to do you a hell of a lot of good.

Mass cullings of any species are worrisome.  I do believe there are lines to be drawn.  In fact obvious and relatively simple lines when those species truly are more intelligent, aware, and have the ability of singular characters and interests within their own societies.  That as less informed beings ourselves we may not have understood their character or place 100 years ago is irrelevant to what we understand know.  Part of our own advance and improvement has to be a willingness to simply admit our past mistakes and move on from there.  Unfortunately, in many areas, that honest introspective reflection isn't something that the Japanese have proven especially good at (nor many other nations of people).  Hopefully that won't always be the case.

twincam

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 11:51:57 PM »

back in my  younger years I  was a guide for hunting& fishing , hell, can't say that a few times I didn't fall in that poaching category, but, I never killed anything that was not eattin.I am not disputting the fact that all this meat is going to feed people. but,this is down right slaughter............ for profit..... I grew up and realized this people find ways to get fed without this sinsless massacere!!!!!!!!! the ocean is a big place, this is just easy money!!!
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 21 queries.