Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Daymaker head lamp fitment question  (Read 727 times)

joe98

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO
Daymaker head lamp fitment question
« on: May 19, 2019, 06:46:41 PM »

Fellas, I got a friend whose neighbour is selling a new in box HD Daymaker headlamp.  I believe it came off a 15' Street Glide Special or he bought it and never installed it.  Would it fit my 2012 CVO Street Glide ?  Plug and Play ?  or do I need some kind of pigtail harness adapter ?  Should just go right into stock headlight bucket not needed trim ring for protruding fitment issues I would think.    He's asking $150 Canadian dollars.
Thanks,

Joe

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Daymaker head lamp fitment question
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 10:29:49 PM »

Check the plugs on both bikes, my 15 uses a different plug.   I was able to convert my 15 to use the 3 prong but didn’t find a conversion from 3 prong to the horizontal plug to use my 15 daymaker on an older 3 prong bike.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 07:57:59 AM »

If it's "new in the box", what is the part number?  If you have the part number, it would be easy to look it up and determine if it will work. I would imagine the light itself will mount to the bike, the real issue would involve the electrical connections.  Harley does have various short harnesses to convert various styles.  Does your 2012 have the dual bulb halogen headlight or the single bulb?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

joe98

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 08:50:10 AM »

Thanks guys for the replies.  Jerry I think it’s the dual halogen bulb.  Definitely stock, not aftermarket led style.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 09:01:37 AM »

Thanks guys for the replies.  Jerry I think it’s the dual halogen bulb.  Definitely stock, not aftermarket led style.

The reason I asked is that the dual bulb lights use an added short harness to convert the single connector in the regular wiring harness to two separate connectors.  Those can be removed to get back to the single three prong connector, then you can add one of the other short harnesses to make the actual connection to the light.  If you know the part number of the light,  the instructions for that light will list what extra harness you will need, if any.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

joe98

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 12:28:22 PM »

The reason I asked is that the dual bulb lights use an added short harness to convert the single connector in the regular wiring harness to two separate connectors.  Those can be removed to get back to the single three prong connector, then you can add one of the other short harnesses to make the actual connection to the light.  If you know the part number of the light,  the instructions for that light will list what extra harness you will need, if any.

Jerry

Ok great, thanks Jerry.

I’ll contact seller and ask what part number it is.

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 04:28:57 AM »

also the dual headlight will use the same bucket as the led type

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 22 queries.