Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sirius/XM ready?  (Read 399 times)

Glenncarp

Sirius/XM ready?
« on: August 07, 2019, 05:56:55 PM »

So, my 2019 RG Special does not seem to be Sirius/XM ready. Wanted to add module when I had nose off this spring but module specs said radio had to be Sirius/XM ready. Playing with menu the other day and saw "Sirius/XM radio ID" on screen (forgot what setting screen i was in) but there were no numbers after that.

Wondering if maybe the unit is actually "ready" and I just need to add the module. I know, I can use my phone, but not a good option as I live in the mountains and even though I have Verizon, service is sketchy where I ride at best. Sometimes even satellite is in my truck, but way better that phone service. Anyone have any info if the stock GTS radios are actually Sirius/XM ready?

1BdBagr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Sirius/XM ready?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 06:28:26 PM »

the radio is the same, your GTS radio IS Sirius XM ready u just have to purchase the module that goes in from the back and attach the XM antenna. U may have to flash the radio i don't know about that. The module has a different part number for the Boom 6.5 vs the Boom GTS radio, make sure u get the right one. it's on the Harley website.

Tim
someday i'll have a CVO...

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.