Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Animal Bridge Canada  (Read 3803 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Animal Bridge Canada
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 10:08:24 PM »

SWEEPING :confused5: THATS SOME SERIOUS ELK CHIT MAN. :o WHAT THEY DOING MOVING IN BEFORE YOU :nixweiss:  :huepfenlol2:

I is actually residual left from the snow melt.  They got into some of the bales of hat that were used to wrap the trees in lieu of straw last fall.  The builder learned it wasn't such a good idea after a 2 foot snowfall.  The elk knew where to find some eats.  They tore the hell out of the bales and had eaten it all in less than a few days.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 10:10:27 PM »

Really was funny but the builder ultimately one since the elk trampled and compacted the snow for them.  The bales in the picture that are untouched are the straw ones.

Bagger

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 10:47:51 PM »

Went to the new house, I think I may spend some time sweeping up the elk droppings.

Probably would make for some good fertilizer in the garden.  Its FREE!  FREE is GOOD!

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 11:13:46 PM »

DONT LET ROGER SEE THAT :o THATS A POUCHERS DRIVE-IN HUNTING RANGE :oops: VERY INTERESTING THOUGH, I WONDER IF PEOPLE STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HIGHWAY TO WATCH THEM CROSS :nixweiss:  ANY STATS NOW IF THE ACCIDENT RATE HAS LOWERED. :nixweiss:

Don't have any stats but from the looks  i would think it lowered them in these crossing situations  for sure.
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2007, 11:19:39 PM »

Neat photo, it sure looks like the animals figured the bridge out.  The powers that be are thinking along the same lines in Washington on I-90 when and if they make improvements at Snoqualmie Pass.  As I recall the news articles they're thinking of tunnels under the Interstate.  Good for people too.  I remember a year or two ago a driver hit an elk east of Easton, lost control, and went off an overpass with several fatalities.

Dan

They actually tried the tunnels up here before the bridges. The predators figured it was a good spot for a meal! After that their scent was all over & the other animals wouldn't use it.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 11:35:29 PM »

They actually tried the tunnels up here before the bridges. The predators figured it was a good spot for a meal! After that their scent was all over & the other animals wouldn't use it.

Funny thing about animals, they seem to get things figured out quickly.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.