Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goin' to Work  (Read 1951 times)

Bagger

Goin' to Work
« on: March 22, 2007, 12:37:28 PM »

This morning.......just like yesterday, and the day before, and the day before..........I rode the scooter to work.  It is too nice not to ride.  Anyway, I made my way down US 231/431, made a right onto Bob Wade Ln, which turns into Research Park Blvd.  Such a beautiful morning.  Traffic was light, probably because I'm one of the few people sick enough to be going into work at 6:30am........anyway........I was tooling along..........mindin' my owwwwwwwwwn bid'nuss.  I passed over US 72 and was setting up to get off the Blvd onto Bradford Dr. When outta nowhere comes this Black Candy Crimson and Charcoal Slate SEUC passing me at a high rate of speed, on the left, wearing a German shorty helmet and a reflective belt........musta been going on the arsenal.  He looked over his shoulder and was grinnin'.........like a mule eatin' briars.  Damn.  Alright, who are you?  Where you from?  What do you do for a livin'? 8)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Goin' to Work
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 01:00:36 PM »

We've got a couple of members from up there, Henry, but they aren't on much, if any.  I've been riding the Vrod to work almost every day for the last couple of weeks...I go in later and stay later to miss all the traffic...the flowers are blooming, the dogwoods are about to be in full blossom, trees are budding out...we're starting to get that fresh, new, green that comes with every Spring.  Highs in the mid to upper 80's here this weekend.  I'm heading to Hot'Lanta at the butt crack of dawn in the AM...it'll be nice to ride into the sunrise with temps in the mid 50's, warming to upper 70's.  Nothing like Spring riding in the South!!! :2vrolijk_21: :daisy: :vrolijk_3:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 01:06:20 PM »

...  I'm heading to Hot'Lanta at the butt crack of dawn in the AM...  Nothing like Spring riding in the South!!! :2vrolijk_21: :daisy: :vrolijk_3:

Now TC y'all know dam well Hotlanta aint inda s'oth. Theys a bunch a Yankee's up yonder.

Bagger

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 01:20:46 PM »

Dangit!  I did it again.  Apparently I need to learn to read, write, master the English language, become a clairvoyant......and just KNOW which forum is most applicable...............         ::SIGH::           Alrighty Then! :beatdeadhorse: :confused5:

Other than that.............Man, I wish I didn't have a window in my office.  Sure makes it difficult to get anything done.  It is friggin' beautiful outside!  I have class this evening (maybe they'll teach me how to read........as well as how to properly analyze these forums :P), so I'll get a nice long cool ride home around 10pm.  I'm lovin' Spring up here.  Sure beats riding down in lower Alabama. 

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 01:32:54 PM »

Now TC y'all know dam well Hotlanta aint inda s'oth. Theys a bunch a Yankee's up yonder.

Yea..but AJ, it's still big time South going to and from Atlanta...I'm gettin' off the slab in Heflin, through Fruithurst into Georgia, then on into Woodstock, GA.  You'ins right about all those Yankees in Hot'Lanta though...it's gettin' more like South Florida than Nawth Central Georgia...it's all Sherman's dauumm fault...

TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 01:36:26 PM »

Yea..but AJ, it's still big time South going to and from Atlanta...I'm gettin' off the slab in Heflin, through Fruithurst into Georgia, then on into Woodstock, GA.  You'ins right about all those Yankees in Hot'Lanta though...it's gettin' more like South Florida than Nawth Central Georgia...it's all Sherman's dauumm fault...

More like Long Island with all that damn traffic down there! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 01:38:36 PM »

More like Long Island with all that damn traffic down there! ;) Hoist! 8)

That's not traffic, Hoist...that's bump draftin', man... :huepfenlol2:

TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 01:41:36 PM »

That's not traffic, Hoist...that's bump draftin', man... :huepfenlol2:

They can keep it! I guess NASCAR justs rolls over into the streets down there. When I'm down there it's called "Lane Splittin"! ;) Hoist! 8)

When's your appointment Terry? Can't wait for a ride report on the Traxxions!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 01:57:55 PM »

They can keep it! I guess NASCAR justs rolls over into the streets down there. When I'm down there it's called "Lane Splittin"! ;) Hoist! 8)

When's your appointment Terry? Can't wait for a ride report on the Traxxions!

I'm going to be there no later than 10AM...original appointment was for 1PM, but I convinced them I needed to get there sooner.  It'll be a nice ride over, and it's well North of Atlanta proper, so I'm hoping the way I'm going in and leaving will miss the Friday interstate stock car races from 3-6pm.  If we get done in time, I plan on taking Don into B'ham via some pretty good twisty 2 lane roads, so we'll both get a good feel for the new front end.  If it's getting dark when we get into Alabama, I'll get back on I-20...too many deer on some of the roads I'd rather take to be riding at night.  I'm hoping they'll get through by 3 or 4 at the latest.  There's at least one other who's going to beat you to the punch, I'm pretty sure, who's also waiting with baited breath on our report.

No matter what, a day spent riding and getting new goodies on the bike is always better than being stuck behind this desk all day long.  Even just a ride into work, like Henry said, and looking forward to the ride home, somehow makes the day seem a little brighter.

TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 02:09:19 PM »

I'm going to be there no later than 10AM...original appointment was for 1PM, but I convinced them I needed to get there sooner.  It'll be a nice ride over, and it's well North of Atlanta proper, so I'm hoping the way I'm going in and leaving will miss the Friday interstate stock car races from 3-6pm.  If we get done in time, I plan on taking Don into B'ham via some pretty good twisty 2 lane roads, so we'll both get a good feel for the new front end.  If it's getting dark when we get into Alabama, I'll get back on I-20...too many deer on some of the roads I'd rather take to be riding at night.  I'm hoping they'll get through by 3 or 4 at the latest.  There's at least one other who's going to beat you to the punch, I'm pretty sure, who's also waiting with baited breath on our report.

No matter what, a day spent riding and getting new goodies on the bike is always better than being stuck behind this desk all day long.  Even just a ride into work, like Henry said, and looking forward to the ride home, somehow makes the day seem a little brighter.

Sounds good Terry. Don't make them sound too good, I have to wait until Sept, remember! ;) I'm also working with them on rear shock selection. After I saw those Alloy Art Bilsteins, I sent an email to Dan about them. He checked them out and felt they were overpriced and unnecessary. They're working with an Italian manufacturer and testing their dual-type shocks. Somewhat similar in design to the Ohlins. Supposedly, European sport bike riders are raving about these things. I've tasked him with finding a rear performance shock that will perfectly complement the cartridge front forks. They're about twice as much as the 440's, but about half the price of Legends. I'm hoping he has rave reviews about these shocks too. If so, he'll work with the Mfr. to modify them for use on HD's. These guys seem to really have their chit together! Good luck to you and Don on your new front ends! Hoist! 8)

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.