Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dog ears-got em?  (Read 3703 times)

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
Re: Dog ears-got em?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 06:06:49 AM »

I am constantly accused of "selective hearing" around the house but when a Twin goes by, I hear every heartbeat!

:smitten:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 11:19:51 AM »

Yep, we both have them too.

Working out in the yard, we can be having a conversation and you hear a bike coming, we are quite till it goes by.  Then we continue on with the conversation. 

I never would have guessed that 10 years ago, I'd be this obsessed about anything.   :cherry:

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 11:58:53 AM »

Yes we got em, especially like the sound of the Rineharts when they go by (like a fine wine)

My dogs always run to the back door or to the gate if outside thinking daddy is home when they hear em going by. (I'm thinking they are partial to the Rineharts also)

Roy......

REGGAB

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 06:51:41 AM »

How many of you, no matter where you are, can hear the sound of a v-twin from miles away. Doesn't matter if I'm out with the wife, working in the yard or just running errands. First my ears perk up....then my head is on a swivel trying to determine from which direction it will approach. The thumping v-twin drowning out the sound of anything in it's path. Even if I'm only feet from a door there's no way I'm going in until I see what kind of bike is approaching, if it's tricked out and of course how it sounds. Then the envy sets in...it doesn't even matter if I've managed to log a 200+ mile day...he (or she) is on their bike....and I'm not. I bet i'm not the only one.....
Like a hound!  I can hear a Harley coming for miles.  I can also tell you what type of helicopter is flying over just by it's sound.  I guess we get that ability when we're around them so much.  I've been known to get up and run out the door just to see what kind of Harley it was.

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2007, 11:19:25 AM »

Same here i love the rumble.Harley Ears sounds good maybe dude should add this to acronymes :drink:
Ridin Legend

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2007, 12:12:33 PM »

Yes, I believe Harley Ears is the correct terminology  :2vrolijk_21:

Yep.

When I hear a neighbors bike come in or go out it makes me look, too.  Always waving at the bikes on the road when I am in my cage and wishing I was not.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

REGGAB

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 05:28:19 PM »

Yep.

When I hear a neighbors bike come in or go out it makes me look, too.  Always waving at the bikes on the road when I am in my cage and wishing I was not.

My wife gets irritated everytime I run out the door looking for 'em.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.