Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Author Topic: Spiderman!  (Read 10177 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Spiderman!
« on: June 21, 2007, 08:25:42 AM »

Had anyone heard from Brian?

The big guy being in Maine about his dad has to be tough.

Brian, we are all thinking of you and praying for the best outcome possible in what your going through!

Anyone heard anything?

:nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Spiderman!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 06:13:43 PM »

Thanks dOOD for moving this!

So if I read between the lines and since you moved this post without responding to it does that mean,
You have heard nothing about whats going on with Brian?

:nixweiss:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 06:15:27 PM by Silver-Black »

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 06:15:43 PM »

I have talked to Brian and he has seen his Dad. I'll let him give details when he's ready.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 12:09:04 AM »

I have talked to Brian and he has seen his Dad. I'll let him give details when he's ready.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I haven't been around lately and was wondering where BB has been last couple days. I just lifted him and his dad up in prayer. I don't know what's going on but God does! Bless Ya Big Buddy!

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 06:39:32 PM »

I haven't been around lately and was wondering where BB has been last couple days. I just lifted him and his dad up in prayer. I don't know what's going on but God does! Bless Ya Big Buddy!

Ditto here BB.
                        Dave
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 06:42:18 PM »

Very well said JR

I think of Brian and his family every day

we are here big man

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 06:58:45 PM »

Whatever is going on, B B, you know we care.  That's all that needs to be said.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 07:00:10 PM »

These words today do not come as easily as they usually do.  
Chip,
        Thanks for worrying about me buddy.
Gary,
        Thanks for calling me when I needed so bad to talk to someone outside of the family but was so numb I could not even dial the phone
JR.
   Your prayers cannot save my Dad now, but they can help ease his path to heaven.
Dave,
        Ditto ( thanks, that just made me laugh)
Scott,
         I know you're always there but thanks for reminding me

To all,
Maybe someday down the road, I'll be able to write about these times, but right now as I am living them they are among the darkest and lightest days of my life combined in a way too strange to comprehend yet alone explain. I would ask each of you to ask yourself, what is life ? and then ask yourself if what you believe is life is present, why does it have to end when it could go on ?
A riddle you say, No, the mystery, the glory, the pain and the wonder of life all passing before my eyes every day now.

Vaya con Dios
                      B B

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 11:03:59 PM »

Big Buddy, my heart is heavy for you and your family on the passing of your father. May God give you peace and strength to see thru the days ahead. If anything I can do let me know. I'm sorry buddy, love ya bro, God Bless!

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 11:07:15 PM »

Brian,
Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. We're here if you need us.

Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 12:00:36 AM »

We're here for you buddy.  You know we are.

Rog

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 12:14:46 AM »

Sorry for your loss, B B.  May the grace of God be with you and your familiy as you deal with the passing of your father.

Brian

REGGAB

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 12:26:49 AM »

Brian, 
Renea, Stef and I are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.  God Bless!

Henry

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 05:26:09 AM »

BB
I feel your pain, just thinking about it hurts. God Bless. Hang in there.  :2vrolijk_21:
                                           Dave
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2007, 02:07:41 PM »

I have not been around much and to hear this puts a giant pain in my heart and a tear in my eyes. Brian as you know I always am there for you buddy so don't hesitate to call and we can talk. My heart goes out to you and your family. I love ya Bro.  Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 03:44:14 PM »

BB,
I don't know what to say, except that I am so sorry about your loss.

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 05:30:42 PM »

Brian, I'm truly sorry that you are suffering thru this time......My recent loss has me still openly wounded and considering the riddle of our existance as you stated.  Just know that you have many friends on this site that care for you and will support  you as you need us.   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2007, 06:28:06 PM »

BB

I too have lost my Dad and Mom and I know that it's not easy dealing with that kind of lost... My hearts goes out to you and your family...

Mike & Jo Ann
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2007, 07:09:44 PM »

My condolecences Brian.I am very sorry for your loss.I wish i could do something to ease your pain.
Ridin Legend

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2007, 07:39:38 PM »

I don't feel much like writing, but I need to clarify. My dad is still alive , his body cannot make it's own blood. He has been surviving on weekly transfusions for 6 months He had his last one on Monday. His doctors, my mother, me and my dad's sister got together at his request two days ago and he said he'd had enought, it was time to stop treatment, go home and die.  I spend my days talking to him and waiting with him for the Angel of death. He has at most two weeks, at worst one. At the end, we have paid all accounts to each other in full and thus with that out of the way, we can just be friends. So we wait, together.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 11:03:56 PM »

B, i'm not as good with these words as so many on this site are. but i hope the he does not suffer and that you can make the most of the time you have left with him. if you need anything we are here for you.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2007, 11:51:09 PM »

Brain;
So sorry to hear of this.  :-\ As I sit and read the posts I reflect on how its going to be later in life when my parents pass. It brings a tear to my eye just thinking of it.  I wish you and your family the best throught these difficult times.

Jim

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2007, 05:57:53 AM »

Ohhhh!  Both Jamey and I went home to be with one of our parents for their last days on earth.  Jamey's Dad has a laundry list of errands that needed to be done - seemed like until there was enough fire wood, the saws all sharpened, the rotten wood around a foundation replaced you get the idea - he could not let go to go home with his angel.  Jamey and his brother spent a few weeks working together to help his Dad get ready for his journey.  My Mom never made it home from the hospital, but loved getting all the visits from everyone who came to say their goodbyes.  We know it is very hard to do what you are doing, but it is good you got to be there.  Though the pain is mind numbing now, in years you will get much comfort.  We are so sorry though that you are going through what we all have to at some time or another.  We love you lots and lots.  When you are ready, we look forward to more chats. 

:cherry:

REGGAB

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2007, 11:47:04 AM »

Ohhhh!  Both Jamey and I went home to be with one of our parents for their last days on earth.  Jamey's Dad has a laundry list of errands that needed to be done - seemed like until there was enough fire wood, the saws all sharpened, the rotten wood around a foundation replaced you get the idea - he could not let go to go home with his angel.  Jamey and his brother spent a few weeks working together to help his Dad get ready for his journey.  My Mom never made it home from the hospital, but loved getting all the visits from everyone who came to say their goodbyes.  We know it is very hard to do what you are doing, but it is good you got to be there.  Though the pain is mind numbing now, in years you will get much comfort.  We are so sorry though that you are going through what we all have to at some time or another.  We love you lots and lots.  When you are ready, we look forward to more chats. 

:cherry:

I'll second that.  My Mom was always a very healthy and energetic lady.  When she got up in the morning, her feet never touched the floor until bedtime.  House was spotless.  Garden, weedless.  She was an RN, and a very good one at that.  Began my third tour in Korea in JAN 2002.  On FEB 27 of that year, Renea called me at 5am Korea time to inform me that my Mom had died.  Just died!  She died in her sleep.  61 years old.  Two months shy of her 62nd birthday.  Just died.   And I'm ~8K miles from home.  Red Cross message followed within the hour.  I was "trying" to eat some breakfast when my Commander knocked on my door to bring me the official news.  He'd driven from Uijongbu to Chuncheon to deliver the official news personally.  He'd already secured a flight home for me.  Three hours later I was at Incheon rolling down the runway.  I made it home for the funeral, but to this day I constantly deal with losing Mom at such a young age and the fact that I wasn't there.  It's tough.
BB, I hate it that your having to go through this.  I do know it is tough.  We're here for you and constantly thinking of and praying for you.

RedFXR2

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2007, 11:48:52 AM »

My own father's last year on earth was a roller coaster of in and out of hospitals and nursing homes.  My sister lived out of state so with me being in-town, it was natural that I be the one to help my mother with his care.  I came to realize what a privilege that was in that I don't think I had ever before so enjoyed sitting out on the porch with him just shooting the breeze for hours.  It was like after all the years, all the pressure of father-son expectations was off and we were finally just two guys talking about stuff and realizing that we had a lot more in common than we ever thought.  And the differences between us were no longer threatening to either one.

He knew he was dying and wasn't upset or depressed--just pragmatic and appreciative of the good things in life.  It's been years now, and I'm so glad I was around for those experiences.

I know you will treasure the opportunity to share life him in these closing hours.  You're a good man to be there for him, BB.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 01:48:05 AM »

Damn, sorry to hear about your Dad Brian. Sounds very much like what I went through with my Dad, two years ago.
Important that you be there for him, and if hospice care is available I highly recommend it. There will always be a huge void where he was, and fill it with good memories. Remember him as he was, and for who he was, not as he is now with all the suffering.

Anything we can do, just let us know.

Joe
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 01:49:50 AM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2007, 09:31:22 AM »

Brian cherish the time that you have with you Dad, hold him, hug him. be close to him, If there is anything we can do let us know....
I know it is tough to let someone you love so much go.  Are Prayers are still with you and your family..
~mike~
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 08:34:35 AM »

Big B, I don't want to try and tell you how I feel or how I felt about my parents death. I just want you to know that I am thinking about you and praying for your strength and understanding of Gods plan for your dad. And You are truly a good friend to all of us, so I am sure that you have been a great friend to your dad too. It is very unselfish of your family to let your dad make his on decision most family's try and delay and end up hurting the on they love so they can hang on to them a little longer.  Hang in there and know that you have all of us here when you need us.

Helen
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 09:16:55 AM by pumkinownerswife »

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 10:36:34 PM »

Got a call from BB this morning,  His father passed this morning around 3 am.  He's OK with everything that has happened (although he sounds TIRED........like  REALLY TIRED) but at least he had the opportunity to be with his dad before the angel of death came.  My prayers go out to the big man, his family and friends that are left behind.  Godspeed Daddy Webb!!!!  I can only sit here and reflect on my own life and hope that when I leave,  there will be some family around to wish me off, as BB did for his father, for that is the end of a truly successfull life!!!

Bro,
    Mickey is fine,  come back as soon as you feel right. 

L&R

_Beags :cherry:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 10:39:58 PM by Screamin_Beagle »
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 11:03:43 PM »

Brian, we have never meet  but I feel for you. It brings a tear to my eye to read how much your friends here care about you. God blees you and your family.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 11:19:07 PM »

Beags, thank you for the update.

B B was fortunate to be able to get there in time to be with his Dad and have time with him.

Thoughts are with Brian and his Mom and prayers for both and his Dad as well.

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 11:36:46 PM »

Big B,

My heart is heavy and my eyes well up when I hear this...I just hope that in some way
thay my post brings you peace. There are many on this sight who love you and those that you love. I pray that you may have strength. My thoughts are with you.

Barry
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007, 12:50:13 AM »

So sorry for your loss B B. Good you got to say good bye. My thoughts are with you and your family. Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 01:01:00 AM »

BB - very sorry to learn of this - tough, tough time for you.  My prayers and thougts go out to you and your family.

My Dad passed many years ago - I still miss him. 

When you get back home, hope you can take a long ride and reflect back on happier times.

Take care.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2007, 05:29:46 AM »

I am just soooo sorry.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2007, 05:31:27 AM »

Bless you BB.
         Dave
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2007, 06:53:15 AM »

Spiderman, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 12:44:31 PM »

Thanks to all for the kind words. And especially to Beags as always for being my best bro. d00d and Chip - - - really appreciate the calls and lettin me ramble on when I was growing weary of watching and waiting. So Dad and I had plenty of time to catch up, make sure we both had all accounts paid in full and said goodbye as men. father/son and friends. Couldn't ask for more than that.

FYI in case of any effort for a site donation please send to

Out Patient Oncology Resource Room
Mercy Hospital
144 State Street
Portland, Maine 04101

In name of Rufus H. Webb Jr

FYI
      The real Rufus and the one and only Spiderman

Vaya con Dios Dad
                           Brian

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 01:39:59 PM »

Thank you Brian for the information.

And I hope it has become very clear,

we are here for you
You are in our prayers!

S
  /
    B

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 03:10:24 PM »

Big Man

I am so very sorry for your loss,,  and at the same time i am sure you are relived and glad that you got the chance to spend some time with your dad before he went.

as you know my friend we are here for you, and i think of you a few times a day....  many of us have felt this pain and relief mixture.

Take care of you and yours and we are here for you

Scot

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2007, 06:08:42 PM »

Brian,
So sorry to hear about your Dad, my condolences to you and your family. Glad you got to spend some time with him and see him on his way to a better world and away from all the pain and suffering. Went through it with my own Dad and there will always be a huge gap that cannot be filled when we lose a parent. Time helps the pain, but the emptiness is remains.

Again, sorry to hear the news.
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

harleydiva

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2007, 06:14:06 PM »

Brian, so sorry to hear of the passing of your dad. 

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2007, 07:50:24 PM »

Brian,

So sorry to hear of your Dad's passing, just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Kathy & Brian

HarleyBee103

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTK
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2007, 10:56:29 PM »

My condolences Brian
Nelson, BC (2007)
Sedona, AR (2008)
Hood River, OR (2009)

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2007, 12:28:27 AM »

Peace love and prayers bro....Someday soon you'll be in the wind, and catch a glimpse of an eagle, deer, or moose...  something that will look at you in just that way that you'll know he is there, and always will be, with you on that ride and throughout your journeys in life.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2007, 06:38:05 AM »

Brian I am so sorry for your loss. You have always spoken so highly of your Dad that I know he was a good man. He will be missed. Since I heard this my heart is heavy and if I could I would take away the pain for you. Your family is in all my thoughts and prayers. If you need an ear I'm here for you. I left you a message the other day and don't know if you got it.  My deepest condolences Brian.  L & R,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2007, 11:12:05 AM »

Big B,

I've not written to you since learning of your father's progression of his illness - and now his passing - because I have been searching for the right words to use.  I have come to the conclusion there are no words that can possibly convey the sentiment and sorrow I feel for you and your family.  I know you are strong.  Be strong for those who are close to you.  gods speed...

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2007, 05:14:25 PM »

My wife and daughters are here and we are all with heavy hearts. My best friend as a teenager and other than Beags to this day, lost his son to a tragic accident. Andrew Campbell age 23 passed the same day as my Dad. His passing saved the lives of 3 people in need of organ transplants. Some comfort to his Dad, Mom, sister and brother as well as all who loved him. We have a wake to attend in this evening and a funeral tomorrow morning and then tomorrow afternoon my Dad's wake and funeral on Saturday. People say that these things happen in threes. Andrew's father's ex wife's husband (sounds distant but in small town Maine, not really) was shot to death a few days ago. Is that the theme from the Twilight Zone I hear in the background ?

God Bless all of you for your caring words, prayers and thoughts. Between sitting vigil with my Dad for a week, his ultimate passing and the death of Andrew who was like a nephew to me and cousin to my children, I think I may well have lost my mind at times with out the support of friends near and far

B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2007, 06:49:21 PM »

My wife and daughters are here and we are all with heavy hearts. My best friend as a teenager and other than Beags to this day, lost his son to a tragic accident. Andrew Campbell age 23 passed the same day as my Dad. His passing saved the lives of 3 people in need of organ transplants. Some comfort to his Dad, Mom, sister and brother as well as all who loved him. We have a wake to attend in this evening and a funeral tomorrow morning and then tomorrow afternoon my Dad's wake and funeral on Saturday. People say that these things happen in threes. Andrew's father's ex wife's husband (sounds distant but in small town Maine, not really) was shot to death a few days ago. Is that the theme from the Twilight Zone I hear in the background ?

God Bless all of you for your caring words, prayers and thoughts. Between sitting vigil with my Dad for a week, his ultimate passing and the death of Andrew who was like a nephew to me and cousin to my children, I think I may well have lost my mind at times with out the support of friends near and far

B B

Truly devastating in the deepest sense of it B B.  I can only imagine your sorrow.

Cindy and I continue to send our heartfelt prayers to you and family as well as Andrew's family.

Rog

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2007, 07:33:02 PM »

Hang in there BB, were praying for you.

Dave & Helen
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2007, 08:53:58 AM »

We buried my Dad yesterday. The service was perfect. A minister from the church I grew up in presided and she did an excellent job mixing in a couple hymns, prayers, psalms, a sermon and stories of my Dad's life. It was so reflective of my family. We believe but we don't wear it on our sleeves. I am not saying those that do are wrong, just that we are who we are and the service reflected us. Dad was buried with full Military honors and two members of the US Army in full dress attended. I have to admit, I came completely unglued when they played Taps. It was a beautiful June day in Maine as we say and because of a nice breeze, the flag was tucked under Dad's casket. When they went to fold the flag, one of the soldiers lifted the casket and things got a bit dicey for a couple minutes. I "jumped" ( I use quotation marks as it is strictly and artistic expression with my arthritis) up to grab the casket so it wouldn't drop into the grave. No problem really, but as I turned to return to my seat, the looks on the faces of my family and friends gathered was priceless. I didn't know people's jaws could drop that far or eyes open that wide. Dad is laid to rest now with his mother and father in a beautiful field beside Casco Bay in South Portland Maine. Rest easy Dad, rest easy.

Neal and Chip amazed me by walking in the door of the funeral home before the service began as I greeted the attendees. I cannot express how touched I was that they would do that. They also bought some beer which we couldn't drink at the catered reception my mom held afterward,  so the three of us and various family members imbibed in the parking lot which is truly an old New England tradition. My friends told Neal and Chip stories that may have me in hiding on the site, especially the promise of forwarding pictures from my pre-Harley days. OUCH ! LOL   

Anyway, Naitram & S/B   L&R from me and all my family

B B

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2007, 08:59:51 AM »

BB,

I'm sorry for your loss. Lost both of my parents within 4 years. I know it's tough.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2007, 09:20:05 AM »

BB,
So sorry for your loss and the other tragic events of the pass few days, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,
Ed

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2007, 09:20:20 AM »

I am sorry for your loss and what you and your family are going through at this time.  I am sure your feelings toward your Dad are very intense at this time.  I found with the passage of time those feelings will evolve to warm fuzzys of your dad's memory. 
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

fredsmom

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2007, 01:47:46 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time.  I lost my dad just over a year ago and it was truelly the saddest time of my life.  God bless.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2007, 02:34:01 PM »

It has been a very heartfelt weekend!
I had the opportunity and privilege to spend time this weekend with someone (and his wife) I considered a friend.
This web site clearly allow so many of us the chance to have friends that are true friends even though on the surface the friendship appears only as words on a monitor. I can tell you that from California to Maine, from north to south those friendships have become much more important to me than just words written on the screen. For that I am so thankful to this site, the owner and the moderators that try to keep me in line.

Neal and I went to Spiderman's fathers funeral on Saturday.
The look on Brian's face when we walked in was worth it all. Brian kept introducing us to everyone as his buddies from the Screaming Eagle web site. So many of them just looked at him and smiled not having a clue as to what he was talking about. Through the service, Neal and I had the privilege to learn a lot about what a fine man Rufus H. Webb Jr had been and how much he meant to everyone. But one thing both of us learned was that Brian was truly his fathers son and the love and respect we saw given to Rufus was also given to his son Brian. Both Neal and I had met Brian at Maggie Valley this past year and for us attending his dad's funeral was more than just the right thing to do, it was something we had to do.

Brian, you were not the only one that about lost it when they played taps at the cemetery. But what a privilege to see your dad honored by the military and his peers at the grave site. You have many friends here on this site and as you go forward don't ever hesitate to call any of us if you should want to talk about your dad, bikes, beer or life in general. A call from you would be an honor!

Good luck in the future my friend!

S
  /
    B

And ps,
I did give your "high school friends" my card and they did promise to send me some pictures and stories of you in the days preceding CVO Harley.com. You had better be good! ;)

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2007, 03:42:17 PM »

UH OH

It has been a very heartfelt weekend!
I had the opportunity and privilege to spend time this weekend with someone (and his wife) I considered a friend.
This web site clearly allow so many of us the chance to have friends that are true friends even though on the surface the friendship appears only as words on a monitor. I can tell you that from California to Maine, from north to south those friendships have become much more important to me than just words written on the screen. For that I am so thankful to this site, the owner and the moderators that try to keep me in line.

Neal and I went to Spiderman's fathers funeral on Saturday.
The look on Brian's face when we walked in was worth it all. Brian kept introducing us to everyone as his buddies from the Screaming Eagle web site. So many of them just looked at him and smiled not having a clue as to what he was talking about. Through the service, Neal and I had the privilege to learn a lot about what a fine man Rufus H. Webb Jr had been and how much he meant to everyone. But one thing both of us learned was that Brian was truly his fathers son and the love and respect we saw given to Rufus was also given to his son Brian. Both Neal and I had met Brian at Maggie Valley this past year and for us attending his dad's funeral was more than just the right thing to do, it was something we had to do.

Brian, you were not the only one that about lost it when they played taps at the cemetery. But what a privilege to see your dad honored by the military and his peers at the grave site. You have many friends here on this site and as you go forward don't ever hesitate to call any of us if you should want to talk about your dad, bikes, beer or life in general. A call from you would be an honor!

Good luck in the future my friend!

S
  /
    B

And ps,
I did give your "high school friends" my card and they did promise to send me some pictures and stories of you in the days preceding CVO Harley.com. You had better be good!
;)

UH OH :nervous:

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2007, 04:24:50 PM »

Bless you my Big Brother! I know it is hard to see one you love, go. I got tickled when I read where you jumped up. I have a great picture in my head of the peoples face's..... priceless. Also to see Neal and Chip arrive had to be priceless. I remember at my dad's funeral, there were times I would look up and see individuals I least expected to be there, and my heart would be filled with joy. As I pray for you BB I know only time has a way of healing. I love ya bro and my heart is heavy for you and your family. Anyway I can help, please let me know. God Bless you Brian!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2007, 08:03:08 PM »

Brian, glad to hear that all went so well at the services and as for Neal and Chip making it, well, that's really great.

Hope you are able to have the time you mentioned about working around your mom and dad's place before you have to get back to the west coast.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2007, 08:36:01 PM »

Brian, so sorry to hear of your loss.

So glad you can share and not hold it in, I had so much help when my dad passed I couldn't have gotten through it without my freinds. So glad I got to meet you at MV you certainly have freinds here.

Roy........

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2007, 09:25:30 PM »

Big B,
I hope I don't short circuit my keyboard while typing/reading...water and electronics...you understand.  Everyone loses someone eventually, we lost my wife's mother last year, the thing that was hardest is that we are about 8K miles away.  The ability to spend the last days with your loved one is a lux that many of us wish for, but not many are afforded.  I am an emotional SOB so this thing really gets to me.  I can't do much from Japan but know that my heart, thoughts and prayers will reach the miles that my body can't.  Your strength and the love that you have shown as well as the brothers on this site is an inspiration to me.

Sorry again and I really have to stop or I will need a new keyboard.

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2007, 10:17:02 PM »

Between working very long hours for the past few weeks and communting back and forth to Sacramento this weekend.......this is the very first time I saw this thread.  BB I was on the highway headed to Sacramento when I got the word Friday evening.  I immediatly hung up and tried to call you......got the voice mail instead. 

I'm really sorry this has happened and I've said a prayer for your father and for you and all of your family.  If there's anything at all that I can do for you.....just call.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2007, 10:30:39 PM »

Brian:

I am so glad that your dad was honored and paid the respect due to him by this nation for his service.  It also  feels very good knowing that a few of our friends from here made the trip..I know all too well the feeling that comes over you when the unexpected close friends show up at a critical time like that.

Take care my friend, 

Scot

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2007, 11:55:23 AM »

Scott, JC, Rog,
                      I have one favor to ask. Please get to know Bubba_T (Ken Terry) his buddy Jamie and their ladies Ronnie and Laura while you're all in Nelson. They are super people and I know you will all really enjoy my ragin cajun buddies. Ken and I have ridden many thousands of miles toghether. He was with me when I crashed outside Toronto two years ago.

To All,
         Each day as I've come back from whatever chore the day demanded from sitting vigil with my Dad waiting for his time, to preparing to bury him to the actual burial I've logged onto this site for a few moments and drawn strength from the good will of many of you whom I haven't even met yet. That is so incredible. I look forward to meeting all of you some day.

OK,
    I gotta go, I've got all those chores Roger mentioned to do for my Mom. I had just finished cleaning and organizing the garage and was taking a lunch break

Adios Amigos y Amigas
                              Vaya con Dios
                                                     B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2007, 12:27:01 PM »

Will do B B, don't forget to take some "you" time while you're back there as well.  I know you will when you can.

You can bet we'll be looking forward to meeting Bubba and crew in Nelson.

Take care B.

Roger

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2007, 06:52:18 PM »

Will do B B, don't forget to take some "you" time while you're back there as well.  I know you will when you can.
You can bet we'll be looking forward to meeting Bubba and crew in Nelson.

Take care B.

Roger

Hey BB    ;D  Ditto here. Glad your keeping busy. Hang tuff big man.
                                                                           Dave
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2007, 07:19:04 PM »

Hey BB    ;D  Ditto here. Glad your keeping busy. Hang tuff big man.
                                                                           Dave

Thanks Dave
                   Linda and Allie went back to San Diego today and Nikki went back to Med School yesterday. I've got a good bro here helping build a ramp over the stairs for my Mom tomorrow and I'm gonna hang with his family on the 4th, maybe do some swimming, drink a few beers for the day. I'm headed home Saturday morning, and Damn I miss Elvis and LD and my CVO Bed  LOL

B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2007, 07:24:53 PM »

Thanks Dave
                   Linda and Allie went back to San Diego today and Nikki went back to Med School yesterday. I've got a good bro here helping build a ramp over the stairs for my Mom tomorrow and I'm gonna hang with his family on the 4th, maybe do some swimming, drink a few beers for the day. I'm headed home Saturday morning, and Damn I miss Elvis and LD and my CVO Bed  LOL

B B

Forgot all about the CVO bed, but I know what you're talkin' about there.  Nothing as nice as the bed at home, even if it isn't a CVO one like yours :2vrolijk_21:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2007, 07:29:20 PM »

Forgot all about the CVO bed, but I know what you're talkin' about there.  Nothing as nice as the bed at home, even if it isn't a CVO one like yours :2vrolijk_21:

The worst thing Rog is I had the whole trip booked at the Sable Oaks Marriott in South Portland and after two days my Mom asked me to stay with her. The real Marriott's have the best beds in the industry. Suffice to say, the beds at my Mom's house are a bit old.  :'(

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2007, 07:30:17 PM »

Brian,

I'm very sorry for your loss, but glad that you had the chance to catch up before the end.  You're in my heart, bro...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2007, 07:39:08 PM »

The worst thing Rog is I had the whole trip booked at the Sable Oaks Marriott in South Portland and after two days my Mom asked me to stay with her. The real Marriott's have the best beds in the industry. Suffice to say, the beds at my Mom's house are a bit old.  :'(

I just got back from the weekend at Cindy's parents for the annual summer/Fourth of July picnic.  I know exactly what you mean, they were so excited that they were able to find a nice piece of 4" foam to put on the old mattress, "It's just like one of those expensive memory foam beds." :huepfenjump3:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2007, 08:15:12 PM »

I just got back from the weekend at Cindy's parents for the annual summer/Fourth of July picnic.  I know exactly what you mean, they were so excited that they were able to find a nice piece of 4" foam to put on the old mattress, "It's just like one of those expensive memory foam beds." :huepfenjump3:

I hear you Rog, My Mom says " oh we have an egg crate pad for the bed "   yeah and it was new 20 years ago.  :D ;D :D ;D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2007, 08:14:09 PM »

Hey everybody,
                   Got home late yesterday. So tired I slept for 12 hours. Haven't done that in I don't know when. Linda didn't feel well today, so me and Elvis went on a tour around Dago. Hit the highs and lows and it made me feel like I was home again. Thanks to everyone for the support. I can't say enough how much it's meant.

My vacations for the next few years are gonna be devoted to taking care of the family estate on Sebago Lake in Maine and making sure my Mom is well cared for. No time for the long rides LD was built for. Damn shame just to let LD sit and gather dust, so I will sell LD if H-D doesn't offer a 2008 CVO Road Glide. Stay tuned !

B B

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2007, 08:21:47 PM »

Hey Spiderman, good to hear from you......I know you're exhausted, esp. emotionally.  But, always good to get 'home'.  And what if HD does offer a 2008 CVO Road Glide?  :oops: Then what about LD?  :nixweiss: har!  :drink: spyder

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2007, 08:23:47 PM »

Hey everybody,
                   Got home late yesterday. So tired I slept for 12 hours. Haven't done that in I don't know when. Linda didn't feel well today, so me and Elvis went on a tour around Dago. Hit the highs and lows and it made me feel like I was home again. Thanks to everyone for the support. I can't say enough how much it's meant.

My vacations for the next few years are gonna be devoted to taking care of the family estate on Sebago Lake in Maine and making sure my Mom is well cared for. No time for the long rides LD was built for. Damn shame just to let LD sit and gather dust, so I will sell LD if H-D doesn't offer a 2008 CVO Road Glide. Stay tuned !

B B

Hey Bud!

Glad your home.
Don't move to fast on LD.
There's a lot going on in your head right now!
There's plenty of time for decisions on bikes!

S
  /
    B

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2007, 08:26:01 PM »

Hey Spiderman, good to hear from you......I know you're exhausted, esp. emotionally.  But, always good to get 'home'.  And what if HD does offer a 2008 CVO Road Glide?  :oops: Then what about LD?  :nixweiss: har!  :drink: spyder

Good question my friend. The way I see it if H-D doesn't offer an 08 RG, then LD is a solid $30k sale. If they do offer an 08 RG then there's little sense in offering LD up for sale as I've got way too much time, money and care in this bike to give it away.

B B

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2007, 08:29:33 PM »

Good question my friend. The way I see it if H-D doesn't offer an 08 RG, then LD is a solid $30k sale. If they do offer an 08 RG then there's little sense in offering LD up for sale as I've got way too much time, money and care in this bike to give it away.

B B
NOW I understand.   :2vrolijk_21:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2007, 10:45:59 PM »

Brian,

Forgive me for the first reply to this thread...I am sorry for you lost and just know that he is in a better place than you and I. 

All the Best.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2007, 04:27:20 PM »

Thanks Jock,
                  There's no time limit on being a friend

B B

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2007, 12:40:39 PM »

I need to vent. Sometimes it's easier to do so with strangers so hope you folks don't mind.

There will be no need for me to be spending my vacations in Maine caring for the family estate. It is being sold to the prosthestisis who made my Dad's artificial leg(s) the last ten years of his life. Seems that while I was doing what was best for my family by accepting a position with many career opportunities here in California and while my brother was out to sea Captaining various Merchant ships, this person ingratiated himself with my aging parents as a defacto son. I couldn't understand why every spring and fall when I'd offer to fly to Maine to open or close the estate for the year I was turned down, now I do. This mercenary was worming his way into my folks heart. Please don't tell me to contact a lawyer. I've already done that and after spending $400/hr the answer is that my Mom and Dad owned everything jointly, when my Dad passed it automatically became my Mom's. She is going through with the sale. I also called the mercenary son of a bitch and appealed to his sense of right and wrong stating that if my Mom wanted to sell my brother and I would buy. I asked him to step aside and allow the property to stay in the family. He refused.
     Some day hopefully a number of years away, when my Mom passes, I get a call from a lawyer I've never met and a check. Not what I wanted believe me. No amount of money can replace what that estate on Sebago Lake means to me.
     The moral of the story here is this. Don't trust that anything will turn out the way you believed it would. Don't trust anyone to do what you want. Even if it feels awkward, stick your nose into things that do affect you. I hope nobody has to deal with the heartbreak I am experiencing.

B B 

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2007, 12:54:31 PM »

Sorrry to hear this, It's a shame there are people like this that prey on the elderly as I am aware of some from my home town that have done so and wish there was a way to stop them. It is just wrong.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2007, 01:07:06 PM »

B B, I can't even begin to fathom what you must be feeling now.

It's easy enough when this happens to say it's just stuff as it most often involves family and dividing up belongings, but when it involves a "place" a "special place" where you and family spent countless hours and times together with memories that can never be replaced and to know it won't be there any longer, well, my heart aches for you.

Sorry doesn't express how I feel, it's just a tragedy, actually it's a travesty.

Rog

(I can't print what I feel about the A Ho that did this)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2007, 01:07:45 PM »

Sorry to hear this Brian
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2007, 02:37:25 PM »

Brian
I am so sorry....  i have been through a recent chitty estate experience on a slightly smaller scale...    but i know how it cuts to the heart

take care my brother

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2007, 03:17:34 PM »

B B,
Man I'm so sorry to hear this. You've shared many times how much this place meant to you and the memories that it holds. To have this happen I know has left an empty feeling in your heart that no words can make feel better. Hang in there Bro and if you need an ear to chew on you know who to call.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2007, 05:03:54 PM »

Sorry to read of your posting Brian...Other than support, I wish I could provide you the assistance you are due.  It is my belief that folks like the one you speak of with face their due in the end.

Good Luck with this matter.

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2007, 06:53:59 PM »

WTF! I can't even begin to tell you how pissed this makes me feel. People like that are scumbags. I am truly sorry to hear how all this went down. And to think you thought your Aunt was going to throw you under the bus. Well like Gary said call me if you want to chat. We missed each other testerday and we need to catch up. If there is anything I can do just holler. L7R,Q

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2007, 08:28:01 PM »

Brian...so sorry to hear of this series of events, bro.  I know you are pissed, but worse, I'm sure you are heartbroken to lose a place that is obviously so special to both you and your brother.  Makes me sad to hear such news, and angry at the manipulative SOB who is low enough to do such a thing to a family.  I hope brighter days are ahead of you, as you've had your share of dark ones of late.  You have lots of brothers and sisters here who will support you in whatever way necessary, so if you need an ear, just let me know.

Terry

TTS Mastertune

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2007, 09:25:46 AM »

I feel for ya Brian. What the hell is wrong with some people.

I have a cousin that started preying on my mother about a year ago. My mother took her the Atlantic City, to FL for a vacation, Red Hat club events, etc. My sisters and I kept a close watch on it and warned my mother that something didn't seem right. Just last week my mother kicked her ass to the curb.

I hope you can find some sort of resolution, take care,
Ed

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2007, 12:18:12 PM »

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

The person's name is Wade Boneson from Maine Artificial Limb Co. in Portland Maine

I am looking for ideas as to how to apply some pressure to get him to back off

All ideas will be given due consideration. If you don't feel comfortable in the public forum, PM me

Thanks
           B B

REGGAB

« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2007, 06:34:13 PM »

The person's name is Wade Boneson from Maine Artificial Limb Co. in Portland Maine

All ideas will be given due consideration. If you don't feel comfortable in the public forum, PM me

Thanks
           B B

B B,
I have no words of advice, no experience to share, and no immediate way to help other than to let you know that if you need anything, call me, and I'll do whatever I can.  I HATE scum like this.  Hell will be poplulated with these terrible souls.  Renea and I are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

HML

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2007, 11:10:52 PM »

Thanks
           B B

What about the attorney general or possibly a Television consumer advocate.  They both hate scammers and people who take advantage of older folks and they get big public awareness on a deal like this.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2007, 07:22:02 PM »

BB
After losing my father over a year ago, my #7 step mother gave me a few of my dads things, his motorcycle, guns, pictures, even his leather jacket and helmet which still have his scent and strands of his hair. I even have his last pack of cigarettes, which more than likely caused his death. These are only "things" and will not bring him back, but for what its worth its the memories that are important. I'm sure you have plenty of those from your home back in Maine, some good, some bad, so with that being said would you still be as happy there without your parents or would the pain of them being gone be to much on you. Only you know that.
I can tell you how honored I was to be able to take ownership of my Dads things, but was sure an emotional rollercoaster when I went to get them.
He too had a "Getaway Lake Retreat" that my #7 still has, and maybe someday we may end up with that, but for sure it was not the same place it used to be before dad passed.
I wish you luck Brian ! Dont give up if you realy want it. Hell move back home with your mom and and help take care of her. She"s your mother and I'm sure she loves you as much as you love her. It will all work out the god had intened it to.
Hope this helped a little.  :2vrolijk_21: 
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2007, 03:10:14 PM »

Big B,
I can't add any more than what has already been said...there is justice though either in this life or the next (Gladiator, et. al.)  You are still in my thoughts as I sympathize with your loss X2.

L8R,
Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2007, 10:52:30 PM »

I may publish a map for anyone who finds themself in Maine so they can drop by for a swim and tell the mercenary SOB  "  B B sent me "

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2007, 05:21:25 PM »

I may publish a map for anyone who finds themself in Maine so they can drop by for a swim and tell the mercenary SOB  "  B B sent me "

BB
Bungy and some of his buds will be taking a ride to the right coast soon. Maybe he can pay the bafoon a visit.  :2vrolijk_21:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2007, 10:26:34 AM »

Thanks
           B B

B B,

Never met you, but look forward to it someday!  Very sorry to hear about your recent loss and the present situation with the Maine real estate.  I feel your pain.  We had an almost identical situation about 7 years ago with a Waterfront family estate in the lower Keys.  It took a lot of time, but everyone carries around a load of dirt.  It's amazing what can be accomplished with the right information in hand.  This Scum Bag probably travels with a dump truck full!  All I can say is start digging.  You are on the right track looking for ways to apply pressure.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2007, 07:30:52 PM »

Hey everyone,
                     Just got back from 12 days in Maine. What a gorgeous place this time of year. Beautiful blue skies, warm sunny days and cool nights. Ate my fill of Maine Seafood and spent some quality time with my Mom and many old friends. Updating the situation with the family estate, a new appraisal was done as ordered by Probate court and this Boneson piece of chit is out of the picture. He's in debt to his eyeballs and has a really low FICO score. My mom is not so trusting of him anymore since his help since my Dad passed away has consisted of him bringing his friends around to buy things dirt cheap. My Mom put a halt to the sale of anything more while I was there. I secured my Dad's gun collection, kept a nice Model 70 Winchester Super grade with a B&L scope for myself, gave my brother a Browning Light 12 semi-auto shotgun and sold my Dad's Parker Brothers standard grade double barrel 20 gauge as well as a Winchester Model 12 and deposited the money in my Mom's account. The Parker was the gem of the collection although the Model 70 super and the Browning are nice pieces. The Model 12 had been a nice piece, but you know who borrowed it and didn't clean it afterward. The barrel was pitted pretty bad. Dad told me about it before he passed. Had I been the one to ruin a gun he would have let me know, but his new "friend" got a pass.  :soapbox:Getting the Winchester through airport security was actually easier than getting me with all the metal in my body through.  :D My Dad's collection of fishing gear is also secured as are some other items that have a lot of memories for my brother and I in them. There's a couple of Thomas Bamboo Fly rods, some nice reels, a lot of nice flies Dad tied himself and bunch of antique Bass lures he never used which I understand are now quite valuable. I will deal with it all when my Mom wants. A lot of stuff is gone and what's done is done, but hopefully Karma will catch up with Boneson and his ilk at some point. Nuff said. I am content as my Mom is not going to sell the estate at the lake until next spring if at all and she is going to stay in her own home with in home care vice going to a retirement complex. I am very pleased about that. I looked at a lot of properties for sale on the lake as well as some lots of land for sale. Mom and I talked about the future for the family owning another place maybe better situated. The estate we own has some Homeland Security issues as it sits inside a protected zone for the public water supply intakes at the lower end of the lake. Time will tell here as time has taken what was a bad situation when my Dad passed and improved it somewhat.

A lot of you have PM'd me with advice, answered questions I asked about certain things ( especially Rjobs) and I cannot thank you enough for that. One of the things that attracted me to this site was the good old fashioned honest decency that the vast majority of the members posses. While much of this does not find it's way to the open forum of the site of late, it still exists and I am grateful for it.

B B

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2007, 07:40:16 PM »

B, glad it was a positive trip. wish it had worked out for us to meet up. but theres always next time
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2007, 08:32:32 PM »

Tried to call you BB. Glad your trip worked out as well as it could. Talk to you soon. Later,Q

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2007, 10:42:18 PM »

B B....glad to hear things have turned out better than you thought they might.

Now, about those Thomas Bamboo Fly Rods...how many pieces, and what length?   ;) ;D

I'll bet those are some real jewels, all kidding aside.  Hope things continue to head in the right direction for you and your family!!

TTS Mastertune

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2007, 10:48:28 PM »

B B....glad to hear things have turned out better than you thought they might.

Now, about those Thomas Bamboo Fly Rods...how many pieces, and what length?   ;) ;D

I'll bet those are some real jewels, all kidding aside.  Hope things continue to head in the right direction for you and your family!!

TC
      Three sections put together make a rod about 12 ft. There's an extra tip section for some reason. They are in a felt bag in an aluminum tube with a screw cap that works even after 50 something years. I put one together on Saturday and also a fiberglass Garcia as a comparison.  Unbelievable how much more play there is in the Thomas. Why do some of my fishing buddies think this new composite crap is better ?

By the way, they're not for sale, but I am curious what they're worth. There's also another Bamboo rod I can't remember the maker, the model is Ranger.

B B

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2007, 11:04:36 PM »

BB

Glad your back!
Didn't try to call you, I DID call you.
Call me when you have time.
A few things to go over!

S
  /
    B

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2007, 11:16:06 PM »

TC
      Three sections put together make a rod about 12 ft. There's an extra tip section for some reason. They are in a felt bag in an aluminum tube with a screw cap that works even after 50 something years. I put one together on Saturday and also a fiberglass Garcia as a comparison.  Unbelievable how much more play there is in the Thomas. Why do some of my fishing buddies think this new composite crap is better ?

By the way, they're not for sale, but I am curious what they're worth. There's also another Bamboo rod I can't remember the maker, the model is Ranger.

B B

B...most of the better bamboo rods come with an extra tip...sometimes shorter, usually the same...as that is the most likely thing for a fisherman to break when stumbing over bolders, through the woods, etc.  Thomas is a excellent brand.  There were a lot of knock-offs built back in the day, all of them good rods, but the Thomas', Winstons, and some other brands were known for excellence.  All of those brands were typically hand built (still are).  A new, excellent quality 4-6 sided bamboo rod will sell new for well over 1500 bucks, depending on reel seat wood variety, length, action, etc.  Most bamboo rods are short...typically 7 to 9 feet in length, so measure carefully to know what you have in hand.  Bamboo is typically what flyfishermen refer to as a slow, or parabolic action...meaning that the rod bends in an even distribution all the way to the butt section.  They are meant to be fished with finesse and generally with dry flys (float on top of the water).  There are excellent graphite, boron, and other composite materials used today, and can have much the same action, but a good bamboo is a purist's rod, and meant to be savored while fishing, like a good cigar.  Fished gently, and with purpose, simply for the sake of standing in the middle of a stream, waving a stick.  It is a joy to fish such a rod, particularly when it has a history like the ones you have...catching a fish is almost secondary.

I'll see if I can dig up anything on the "Ranger"...

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2007, 11:37:43 PM »

B B...another thing to look for beside the length, is a weight rating on the rod.  This will be down near the reel seat, or butt section.  It will be a numeric designation like 3, 4, 5, etc or be expressed as a possible two weight rod, like 4/5, 3/4, 5/6, etc.  Fly rods are rated for fly line weights, and the rod is built to perform best with those line weights, as you cast the line, not the "lure" or fly.

More than you wanted to know about fly rods, 'eh? ;D

TTS Mastertune

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2007, 11:59:58 PM »

Hey everyone,
                     Just got back from 12 days in Maine. What a gorgeous place this time of year. Beautiful blue skies, warm sunny days and cool nights. Ate my fill of Maine Seafood and spent some quality time with my Mom and many old friends. Updating the situation with the family estate, a new appraisal was done as ordered by Probate court and this Boneson piece of chit is out of the picture.

Brian

I am so very glad this thing has turned around..i know how important that is to you and your family!!!!!
made my night reading this

AWESOME!!!

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2007, 03:02:55 AM »

Thanks so much for the fantastic update.  Glad you got your Mom situated in a good space. And that the lowlife is slunk on out of there is very good too.  How did Linda like her new car? 

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2007, 08:56:09 AM »

Regarding the bamboo fly rod:  The tip of a bamboo fly rod retains memory and does not return  to being straight like a composite.  I was told you alternate tips resting one to straighten out.  Sounds like we have a number of fly fishermen on the cite.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2007, 08:09:59 PM »

B B, sounds like there is a good plan in place and your mom staying there 'til spring sounds great.

Time allow one to clear their head a bit and things do come into focus.

Glad the Boneson deal disintigrated around him.

Try and get a few rides in and relax a bit now that you're home, maybe even take a run up the coast in the Mits :2vrolijk_21:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2007, 06:17:06 PM »

Thanks everyone for the kind words

TC   The other rod is a Wright and McGill " Ranger "

Candy   Linda loves the new car. So does everyone who see's it. It's a rod, that's for sure and the color is off the charts. I'm wishin LD was the same color.

B B
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Page created in 0.45 seconds with 21 queries.