Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Spiderman!  (Read 10256 times)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Re: Spiderman!
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2007, 06:38:05 AM »

Brian I am so sorry for your loss. You have always spoken so highly of your Dad that I know he was a good man. He will be missed. Since I heard this my heart is heavy and if I could I would take away the pain for you. Your family is in all my thoughts and prayers. If you need an ear I'm here for you. I left you a message the other day and don't know if you got it.  My deepest condolences Brian.  L & R,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2007, 11:12:05 AM »

Big B,

I've not written to you since learning of your father's progression of his illness - and now his passing - because I have been searching for the right words to use.  I have come to the conclusion there are no words that can possibly convey the sentiment and sorrow I feel for you and your family.  I know you are strong.  Be strong for those who are close to you.  gods speed...

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2007, 05:14:25 PM »

My wife and daughters are here and we are all with heavy hearts. My best friend as a teenager and other than Beags to this day, lost his son to a tragic accident. Andrew Campbell age 23 passed the same day as my Dad. His passing saved the lives of 3 people in need of organ transplants. Some comfort to his Dad, Mom, sister and brother as well as all who loved him. We have a wake to attend in this evening and a funeral tomorrow morning and then tomorrow afternoon my Dad's wake and funeral on Saturday. People say that these things happen in threes. Andrew's father's ex wife's husband (sounds distant but in small town Maine, not really) was shot to death a few days ago. Is that the theme from the Twilight Zone I hear in the background ?

God Bless all of you for your caring words, prayers and thoughts. Between sitting vigil with my Dad for a week, his ultimate passing and the death of Andrew who was like a nephew to me and cousin to my children, I think I may well have lost my mind at times with out the support of friends near and far

B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2007, 06:49:21 PM »

My wife and daughters are here and we are all with heavy hearts. My best friend as a teenager and other than Beags to this day, lost his son to a tragic accident. Andrew Campbell age 23 passed the same day as my Dad. His passing saved the lives of 3 people in need of organ transplants. Some comfort to his Dad, Mom, sister and brother as well as all who loved him. We have a wake to attend in this evening and a funeral tomorrow morning and then tomorrow afternoon my Dad's wake and funeral on Saturday. People say that these things happen in threes. Andrew's father's ex wife's husband (sounds distant but in small town Maine, not really) was shot to death a few days ago. Is that the theme from the Twilight Zone I hear in the background ?

God Bless all of you for your caring words, prayers and thoughts. Between sitting vigil with my Dad for a week, his ultimate passing and the death of Andrew who was like a nephew to me and cousin to my children, I think I may well have lost my mind at times with out the support of friends near and far

B B

Truly devastating in the deepest sense of it B B.  I can only imagine your sorrow.

Cindy and I continue to send our heartfelt prayers to you and family as well as Andrew's family.

Rog

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2007, 07:33:02 PM »

Hang in there BB, were praying for you.

Dave & Helen
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2007, 08:53:58 AM »

We buried my Dad yesterday. The service was perfect. A minister from the church I grew up in presided and she did an excellent job mixing in a couple hymns, prayers, psalms, a sermon and stories of my Dad's life. It was so reflective of my family. We believe but we don't wear it on our sleeves. I am not saying those that do are wrong, just that we are who we are and the service reflected us. Dad was buried with full Military honors and two members of the US Army in full dress attended. I have to admit, I came completely unglued when they played Taps. It was a beautiful June day in Maine as we say and because of a nice breeze, the flag was tucked under Dad's casket. When they went to fold the flag, one of the soldiers lifted the casket and things got a bit dicey for a couple minutes. I "jumped" ( I use quotation marks as it is strictly and artistic expression with my arthritis) up to grab the casket so it wouldn't drop into the grave. No problem really, but as I turned to return to my seat, the looks on the faces of my family and friends gathered was priceless. I didn't know people's jaws could drop that far or eyes open that wide. Dad is laid to rest now with his mother and father in a beautiful field beside Casco Bay in South Portland Maine. Rest easy Dad, rest easy.

Neal and Chip amazed me by walking in the door of the funeral home before the service began as I greeted the attendees. I cannot express how touched I was that they would do that. They also bought some beer which we couldn't drink at the catered reception my mom held afterward,  so the three of us and various family members imbibed in the parking lot which is truly an old New England tradition. My friends told Neal and Chip stories that may have me in hiding on the site, especially the promise of forwarding pictures from my pre-Harley days. OUCH ! LOL   

Anyway, Naitram & S/B   L&R from me and all my family

B B

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2007, 08:59:51 AM »

BB,

I'm sorry for your loss. Lost both of my parents within 4 years. I know it's tough.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2007, 09:20:05 AM »

BB,
So sorry for your loss and the other tragic events of the pass few days, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,
Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2007, 09:20:20 AM »

I am sorry for your loss and what you and your family are going through at this time.  I am sure your feelings toward your Dad are very intense at this time.  I found with the passage of time those feelings will evolve to warm fuzzys of your dad's memory. 
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

fredsmom

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2007, 01:47:46 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time.  I lost my dad just over a year ago and it was truelly the saddest time of my life.  God bless.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2007, 02:34:01 PM »

It has been a very heartfelt weekend!
I had the opportunity and privilege to spend time this weekend with someone (and his wife) I considered a friend.
This web site clearly allow so many of us the chance to have friends that are true friends even though on the surface the friendship appears only as words on a monitor. I can tell you that from California to Maine, from north to south those friendships have become much more important to me than just words written on the screen. For that I am so thankful to this site, the owner and the moderators that try to keep me in line.

Neal and I went to Spiderman's fathers funeral on Saturday.
The look on Brian's face when we walked in was worth it all. Brian kept introducing us to everyone as his buddies from the Screaming Eagle web site. So many of them just looked at him and smiled not having a clue as to what he was talking about. Through the service, Neal and I had the privilege to learn a lot about what a fine man Rufus H. Webb Jr had been and how much he meant to everyone. But one thing both of us learned was that Brian was truly his fathers son and the love and respect we saw given to Rufus was also given to his son Brian. Both Neal and I had met Brian at Maggie Valley this past year and for us attending his dad's funeral was more than just the right thing to do, it was something we had to do.

Brian, you were not the only one that about lost it when they played taps at the cemetery. But what a privilege to see your dad honored by the military and his peers at the grave site. You have many friends here on this site and as you go forward don't ever hesitate to call any of us if you should want to talk about your dad, bikes, beer or life in general. A call from you would be an honor!

Good luck in the future my friend!

S
  /
    B

And ps,
I did give your "high school friends" my card and they did promise to send me some pictures and stories of you in the days preceding CVO Harley.com. You had better be good! ;)

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2007, 03:42:17 PM »

UH OH

It has been a very heartfelt weekend!
I had the opportunity and privilege to spend time this weekend with someone (and his wife) I considered a friend.
This web site clearly allow so many of us the chance to have friends that are true friends even though on the surface the friendship appears only as words on a monitor. I can tell you that from California to Maine, from north to south those friendships have become much more important to me than just words written on the screen. For that I am so thankful to this site, the owner and the moderators that try to keep me in line.

Neal and I went to Spiderman's fathers funeral on Saturday.
The look on Brian's face when we walked in was worth it all. Brian kept introducing us to everyone as his buddies from the Screaming Eagle web site. So many of them just looked at him and smiled not having a clue as to what he was talking about. Through the service, Neal and I had the privilege to learn a lot about what a fine man Rufus H. Webb Jr had been and how much he meant to everyone. But one thing both of us learned was that Brian was truly his fathers son and the love and respect we saw given to Rufus was also given to his son Brian. Both Neal and I had met Brian at Maggie Valley this past year and for us attending his dad's funeral was more than just the right thing to do, it was something we had to do.

Brian, you were not the only one that about lost it when they played taps at the cemetery. But what a privilege to see your dad honored by the military and his peers at the grave site. You have many friends here on this site and as you go forward don't ever hesitate to call any of us if you should want to talk about your dad, bikes, beer or life in general. A call from you would be an honor!

Good luck in the future my friend!

S
  /
    B

And ps,
I did give your "high school friends" my card and they did promise to send me some pictures and stories of you in the days preceding CVO Harley.com. You had better be good!
;)

UH OH :nervous:

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2007, 04:24:50 PM »

Bless you my Big Brother! I know it is hard to see one you love, go. I got tickled when I read where you jumped up. I have a great picture in my head of the peoples face's..... priceless. Also to see Neal and Chip arrive had to be priceless. I remember at my dad's funeral, there were times I would look up and see individuals I least expected to be there, and my heart would be filled with joy. As I pray for you BB I know only time has a way of healing. I love ya bro and my heart is heavy for you and your family. Anyway I can help, please let me know. God Bless you Brian!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2007, 08:03:08 PM »

Brian, glad to hear that all went so well at the services and as for Neal and Chip making it, well, that's really great.

Hope you are able to have the time you mentioned about working around your mom and dad's place before you have to get back to the west coast.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2007, 08:36:01 PM »

Brian, so sorry to hear of your loss.

So glad you can share and not hold it in, I had so much help when my dad passed I couldn't have gotten through it without my freinds. So glad I got to meet you at MV you certainly have freinds here.

Roy........
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.