Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: Spiderman!  (Read 10200 times)

REGGAB

Re: Spiderman!
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2007, 06:34:13 PM »

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

The person's name is Wade Boneson from Maine Artificial Limb Co. in Portland Maine

I am looking for ideas as to how to apply some pressure to get him to back off

All ideas will be given due consideration. If you don't feel comfortable in the public forum, PM me

Thanks
           B B

B B,
I have no words of advice, no experience to share, and no immediate way to help other than to let you know that if you need anything, call me, and I'll do whatever I can.  I HATE scum like this.  Hell will be poplulated with these terrible souls.  Renea and I are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

HML

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2007, 11:10:52 PM »

The person's name is Wade Boneson from Maine Artificial Limb Co. in Portland Maine

All ideas will be given due consideration. If you don't feel comfortable in the public forum, PM me

Thanks
           B B

What about the attorney general or possibly a Television consumer advocate.  They both hate scammers and people who take advantage of older folks and they get big public awareness on a deal like this.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2007, 07:22:02 PM »

BB
After losing my father over a year ago, my #7 step mother gave me a few of my dads things, his motorcycle, guns, pictures, even his leather jacket and helmet which still have his scent and strands of his hair. I even have his last pack of cigarettes, which more than likely caused his death. These are only "things" and will not bring him back, but for what its worth its the memories that are important. I'm sure you have plenty of those from your home back in Maine, some good, some bad, so with that being said would you still be as happy there without your parents or would the pain of them being gone be to much on you. Only you know that.
I can tell you how honored I was to be able to take ownership of my Dads things, but was sure an emotional rollercoaster when I went to get them.
He too had a "Getaway Lake Retreat" that my #7 still has, and maybe someday we may end up with that, but for sure it was not the same place it used to be before dad passed.
I wish you luck Brian ! Dont give up if you realy want it. Hell move back home with your mom and and help take care of her. She"s your mother and I'm sure she loves you as much as you love her. It will all work out the god had intened it to.
Hope this helped a little.  :2vrolijk_21: 
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2007, 03:10:14 PM »

Big B,
I can't add any more than what has already been said...there is justice though either in this life or the next (Gladiator, et. al.)  You are still in my thoughts as I sympathize with your loss X2.

L8R,
Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2007, 10:52:30 PM »

I may publish a map for anyone who finds themself in Maine so they can drop by for a swim and tell the mercenary SOB  "  B B sent me "

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2007, 05:21:25 PM »

I may publish a map for anyone who finds themself in Maine so they can drop by for a swim and tell the mercenary SOB  "  B B sent me "

BB
Bungy and some of his buds will be taking a ride to the right coast soon. Maybe he can pay the bafoon a visit.  :2vrolijk_21:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2007, 10:26:34 AM »

Thanks
           B B

B B,

Never met you, but look forward to it someday!  Very sorry to hear about your recent loss and the present situation with the Maine real estate.  I feel your pain.  We had an almost identical situation about 7 years ago with a Waterfront family estate in the lower Keys.  It took a lot of time, but everyone carries around a load of dirt.  It's amazing what can be accomplished with the right information in hand.  This Scum Bag probably travels with a dump truck full!  All I can say is start digging.  You are on the right track looking for ways to apply pressure.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2007, 07:30:52 PM »

Hey everyone,
                     Just got back from 12 days in Maine. What a gorgeous place this time of year. Beautiful blue skies, warm sunny days and cool nights. Ate my fill of Maine Seafood and spent some quality time with my Mom and many old friends. Updating the situation with the family estate, a new appraisal was done as ordered by Probate court and this Boneson piece of chit is out of the picture. He's in debt to his eyeballs and has a really low FICO score. My mom is not so trusting of him anymore since his help since my Dad passed away has consisted of him bringing his friends around to buy things dirt cheap. My Mom put a halt to the sale of anything more while I was there. I secured my Dad's gun collection, kept a nice Model 70 Winchester Super grade with a B&L scope for myself, gave my brother a Browning Light 12 semi-auto shotgun and sold my Dad's Parker Brothers standard grade double barrel 20 gauge as well as a Winchester Model 12 and deposited the money in my Mom's account. The Parker was the gem of the collection although the Model 70 super and the Browning are nice pieces. The Model 12 had been a nice piece, but you know who borrowed it and didn't clean it afterward. The barrel was pitted pretty bad. Dad told me about it before he passed. Had I been the one to ruin a gun he would have let me know, but his new "friend" got a pass.  :soapbox:Getting the Winchester through airport security was actually easier than getting me with all the metal in my body through.  :D My Dad's collection of fishing gear is also secured as are some other items that have a lot of memories for my brother and I in them. There's a couple of Thomas Bamboo Fly rods, some nice reels, a lot of nice flies Dad tied himself and bunch of antique Bass lures he never used which I understand are now quite valuable. I will deal with it all when my Mom wants. A lot of stuff is gone and what's done is done, but hopefully Karma will catch up with Boneson and his ilk at some point. Nuff said. I am content as my Mom is not going to sell the estate at the lake until next spring if at all and she is going to stay in her own home with in home care vice going to a retirement complex. I am very pleased about that. I looked at a lot of properties for sale on the lake as well as some lots of land for sale. Mom and I talked about the future for the family owning another place maybe better situated. The estate we own has some Homeland Security issues as it sits inside a protected zone for the public water supply intakes at the lower end of the lake. Time will tell here as time has taken what was a bad situation when my Dad passed and improved it somewhat.

A lot of you have PM'd me with advice, answered questions I asked about certain things ( especially Rjobs) and I cannot thank you enough for that. One of the things that attracted me to this site was the good old fashioned honest decency that the vast majority of the members posses. While much of this does not find it's way to the open forum of the site of late, it still exists and I am grateful for it.

B B

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2007, 07:40:16 PM »

B, glad it was a positive trip. wish it had worked out for us to meet up. but theres always next time
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2007, 08:32:32 PM »

Tried to call you BB. Glad your trip worked out as well as it could. Talk to you soon. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2007, 10:42:18 PM »

B B....glad to hear things have turned out better than you thought they might.

Now, about those Thomas Bamboo Fly Rods...how many pieces, and what length?   ;) ;D

I'll bet those are some real jewels, all kidding aside.  Hope things continue to head in the right direction for you and your family!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2007, 10:48:28 PM »

B B....glad to hear things have turned out better than you thought they might.

Now, about those Thomas Bamboo Fly Rods...how many pieces, and what length?   ;) ;D

I'll bet those are some real jewels, all kidding aside.  Hope things continue to head in the right direction for you and your family!!

TC
      Three sections put together make a rod about 12 ft. There's an extra tip section for some reason. They are in a felt bag in an aluminum tube with a screw cap that works even after 50 something years. I put one together on Saturday and also a fiberglass Garcia as a comparison.  Unbelievable how much more play there is in the Thomas. Why do some of my fishing buddies think this new composite crap is better ?

By the way, they're not for sale, but I am curious what they're worth. There's also another Bamboo rod I can't remember the maker, the model is Ranger.

B B

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2007, 11:04:36 PM »

BB

Glad your back!
Didn't try to call you, I DID call you.
Call me when you have time.
A few things to go over!

S
  /
    B

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2007, 11:16:06 PM »

TC
      Three sections put together make a rod about 12 ft. There's an extra tip section for some reason. They are in a felt bag in an aluminum tube with a screw cap that works even after 50 something years. I put one together on Saturday and also a fiberglass Garcia as a comparison.  Unbelievable how much more play there is in the Thomas. Why do some of my fishing buddies think this new composite crap is better ?

By the way, they're not for sale, but I am curious what they're worth. There's also another Bamboo rod I can't remember the maker, the model is Ranger.

B B

B...most of the better bamboo rods come with an extra tip...sometimes shorter, usually the same...as that is the most likely thing for a fisherman to break when stumbing over bolders, through the woods, etc.  Thomas is a excellent brand.  There were a lot of knock-offs built back in the day, all of them good rods, but the Thomas', Winstons, and some other brands were known for excellence.  All of those brands were typically hand built (still are).  A new, excellent quality 4-6 sided bamboo rod will sell new for well over 1500 bucks, depending on reel seat wood variety, length, action, etc.  Most bamboo rods are short...typically 7 to 9 feet in length, so measure carefully to know what you have in hand.  Bamboo is typically what flyfishermen refer to as a slow, or parabolic action...meaning that the rod bends in an even distribution all the way to the butt section.  They are meant to be fished with finesse and generally with dry flys (float on top of the water).  There are excellent graphite, boron, and other composite materials used today, and can have much the same action, but a good bamboo is a purist's rod, and meant to be savored while fishing, like a good cigar.  Fished gently, and with purpose, simply for the sake of standing in the middle of a stream, waving a stick.  It is a joy to fish such a rod, particularly when it has a history like the ones you have...catching a fish is almost secondary.

I'll see if I can dig up anything on the "Ranger"...

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2007, 11:37:43 PM »

B B...another thing to look for beside the length, is a weight rating on the rod.  This will be down near the reel seat, or butt section.  It will be a numeric designation like 3, 4, 5, etc or be expressed as a possible two weight rod, like 4/5, 3/4, 5/6, etc.  Fly rods are rated for fly line weights, and the rod is built to perform best with those line weights, as you cast the line, not the "lure" or fly.

More than you wanted to know about fly rods, 'eh? ;D

TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 22 queries.