Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Second Trip to Kansas  (Read 7011 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Second Trip to Kansas
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2007, 09:03:45 PM »

Henry, that bridge in Kansas that got totalled by a piece of heavy equipment wasn't your only concern after all.  Take a look at this:  http://www.modot.org/springfield/road_construction/I-44closing.htm

That will be right in your line of travel after leaving the hotel north of Lamberts.  Would not be surprised if the backup is as far back as your hotel.  Before leaving Lamberts remind someone to give you alternative directions through Springfield to catch HWY 13 in town and go north.  Just in case it gets forgotten while everyone is catching throwed rolls you can take any of the east-west arteries in town west to the Kansas Expressway.  Kansas is HWY 13 in town.  Go north on Kansas and you're on 13 heading out of town.

REGGAB

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2007, 09:21:13 PM »

Henry, that bridge in Kansas that got totalled by a piece of heavy equipment wasn't your only concern after all.  Take a look at this:  http://www.modot.org/springfield/road_construction/I-44closing.htm

That will be right in your line of travel after leaving the hotel north of Lamberts.  Would not be surprised if the backup is as far back as your hotel.  Before leaving Lamberts remind someone to give you alternative directions through Springfield to catch HWY 13 in town and go north.  Just in case it gets forgotten while everyone is catching throwed rolls you can take any of the east-west arteries in town west to the Kansas Expressway.  Kansas is HWY 13 in town.  Go north on Kansas and you're on 13 heading out of town.

Got it.  Thanks Don.  So I guess I can simply hang a left on Chestnut Expressway and run into Kansas Expressway, make a right, and be on MO13?
Is your scooter gonna be FMC, so you can meet us Saturday evening?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2007, 09:27:23 PM »

Got it.  Thanks Don.  So I guess I can simply hang a left on Chestnut Expressway and run into Kansas Expressway, make a right, and be on MO13?
Is your scooter gonna be FMC, so you can meet us Saturday evening?

That's it exactly.  Stay on Chestnut and it'll run through town to Kansas.  Hang a right and just keep on going.

I am choosing optimism for riding on Saturday.  No more high water.  A long detour to get to Kansas City (chit, part of 69 highway is closed right now too, you better check your routes west off of 13) compared to what it would be normally from here.  But another dyno app't is set for Friday morning.  Be home Friday night.  Use Saturday to test the tune.  At least that's the plan. 

Driving back and forth to Springfield, IL on Thursday to pick up the Bushtec trailer.  Then the now long drive to Kansas City and back on Friday.  Hauling the trailer behind the truck all of both days.  I may just be tired of driving by Saturday.  Have to ride the bike because I don't think staying in the pickup any longer would be an option.

REGGAB

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2007, 09:44:36 PM »

That's it exactly.  Stay on Chestnut and it'll run through town to Kansas.  Hang a right and just keep on going.

I am choosing optimism for riding on Saturday.  No more high water.  A long detour to get to Kansas City (chit, part of 69 highway is closed right now too, you better check your routes west off of 13) compared to what it would be normally from here.  But another dyno app't is set for Friday morning.  Be home Friday night.  Use Saturday to test the tune.  At least that's the plan. 

Driving back and forth to Springfield, IL on Thursday to pick up the Bushtec trailer.  Then the now long drive to Kansas City and back on Friday.  Hauling the trailer behind the truck all of both days.  I may just be tired of driving by Saturday.  Have to ride the bike because I don't think staying in the pickup any longer would be an option.

I'll do that.  I plan on heading west on US54 all the way to KS177 then north to Manhattan.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2007, 09:54:52 PM »

I'll do that.  I plan on heading west on US54 all the way to KS177 then north to Manhattan.

Part of 52 are definitely closed.  I found that out trying to sidetrack this morning.  Parts of 69 in Kansas are reportedly going to be down for a week or more as some road bed is supposed to have raised.

Just looked and no reported closings on 54.  If it's open all the way across you should be good to go.  Even more good news for me for Friday is that my best road to Kansas City just posted as reopening one lane each way sometime tomorrow.  That'll make the Friday round trip much easier  :2vrolijk_21: .

REGGAB

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2007, 10:00:56 PM »

Part of 52 are definitely closed.  I found that out trying to sidetrack this morning.  Parts of 69 in Kansas are reportedly going to be down for a week or more as some road bed is supposed to have raised.

Just looked and no reported closings on 54.  If it's open all the way across you should be good to go.  Even more good news for me for Friday is that my best road to Kansas City just posted as reopening one lane each way sometime tomorrow.  That'll make the Friday round trip much easier  :2vrolijk_21: .

Thanks for looking at US54 Don.  Best Blessing to you in your travels Friday, and I look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2007, 10:51:43 PM »

Circle Xed?

REGGAB

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2007, 10:56:21 PM »

Circle Xed?

Hopefully he's riding on a -, or at the most a / for something other that his current challenge. :2vrolijk_21:  I hate restrictions.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2007, 11:00:05 PM »

Hopefully he's riding on a -, or at the most a / for something other that his current challenge. :2vrolijk_21:  I hate restrictions.

with any luck it'll be
-- 05Jul07 --

REGGAB

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2007, 11:02:43 PM »

with any luck it'll be
-- 05Jul07 --

yep, and since its Saturday we're talking about  --07JUL07--

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2007, 11:06:31 PM »

yep, and since its Saturday we're talking about  --07JUL07--

details details details lol

REGGAB

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2007, 11:14:50 PM »

details details details lol

That's where the devil is.  :P

REGGAB

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2007, 10:04:10 PM »

Bike is packed and ready to go.  My friend and co-worker, Buzz (I posted pictures of his highly modified GTO on 4 July) is following me in his GTO.  Why do I get the feeling we're gonna be going fast?  I can't keep up with the Goat.  I guess it is a good thing he's following.  I hope he switched out those Mickey Thompson drag radials on the rear wheels for something more conducive to traveling.  He'll be on rims by the time we get to Clarksville if not.  Was going over the scooter this evening and noticed a small collection of road dust on a slight slick spot underneath the aft end of the oil tank vent tube and right behind the VSS.  I don't know if the slick spot was caused by the tube, the VSS or if the gasket on my oil filler spout is leaking.  The later is the most unlikely, since gravity plays in.  The VSS is a possibility.  I've seen that O ring fail before on my softail.  I think it might be the vent tube since I replaced it right before my last Kansas trip............but I'm just not sure.  I've cleaned it up, and I'll be eyeballing it hard at each fuel stop tomorrow.  Yeah.......I know, it is really insignificant, but I'm picky like that.  Leaks of any sort will drive me insane if I can't diagnose and fix them.
Anyway, Renea picked up 2 cases of Yuengling for us, since we can't get it west of the Mississippi River.  They're going in Buzz's Goat.  We're leaving at 0700 and will stop near Clarksville, TN for about an hour.  Then we'll cruise up to Paducah, KY and hopefully meet Barry (Dis Air) for lunch.  Then we'll get on US 60 and head to Springfield and RON.  Lambert's Cafe and Throwed Rolls for supper...........as well as some of those Yuenglings later on.  Next day MO13 to US 54 to KS 177 into Manhattan, KS.  BUSY week up there.  If we're passing near you, ride with us.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2007, 10:11:17 PM »

Bike is packed and ready to go.  My friend and co-worker, Buzz (I posted pictures of his highly modified GTO on 4 July) is following me in his GTO.  Why do I get the feeling we're gonna be going fast?  I can't keep up with the Goat.  I guess it is a good thing he's following.  I hope he switched out those Mickey Thompson drag radials on the rear wheels for something more conducive to traveling.  He'll be on rims by the time we get to Clarksville if not.  Was going over the scooter this evening and noticed a small collection of road dust on a slight slick spot underneath the aft end of the oil tank vent tube and right behind the VSS.  I don't know if the slick spot was caused by the tube, the VSS or if the gasket on my oil filler spout is leaking.  The later is the most unlikely, since gravity plays in.  The VSS is a possibility.  I've seen that O ring fail before on my softail.  I think it might be the vent tube since I replaced it right before my last Kansas trip............but I'm just not sure.  I've cleaned it up, and I'll be eyeballing it hard at each fuel stop tomorrow.  Yeah.......I know, it is really insignificant, but I'm picky like that.  Leaks of any sort will drive me insane if I can't diagnose and fix them.
Anyway, Renea picked up 2 cases of Yuengling for us, since we can't get it west of the Mississippi River.  They're going in Buzz's Goat.  We're leaving at 0700 and will stop near Clarksville, TN for about an hour.  Then we'll cruise up to Paducah, KY and hopefully meet Barry (Dis Air) for lunch.  Then we'll get on US 60 and head to Springfield and RON.  Lambert's Cafe and Throwed Rolls for supper...........as well as some of those Yuenglings later on.  Next day MO13 to US 54 to KS 177 into Manhattan, KS.  BUSY week up there.  If we're passing near you, ride with us.

Have a great ride man!

REGGAB

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2007, 10:42:12 PM »

Have a great ride man!
  Thanks Dewd!  You bet!  Hey, aren't I going to be out there in your neck of the wide open plains?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.