Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Who has a 110in. motor that they are happy with?  (Read 12362 times)

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
Who has a 110in. motor that they are happy with?
« on: July 29, 2007, 02:07:38 PM »

Instead of the problems, let's hear from those who are actually happy with their 110s.  If so, is your bike stock, or what has been modified to make you happy with it?  -Steve
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
Re: Who has a 110in. motor that they are happy with?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 02:14:37 PM »

I am happy with the '07 SERK 110...it is #2 in her!   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:
All stock..for now.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 02:33:35 PM »

What is #2?  The second motor?  -Steve
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 03:11:46 PM »

What is #2?  The second motor?  -Steve
Yes, they replaced it after going through all the problems. Runs sweet now.

Deacon

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 03:19:49 PM »

I have a '07 Dyna Superglide that had the 110 kit installed 2230 miles aqo. It is stock with sert, V&H straight shots. I love it. It is light, fast and totaly reliable. It starts every time, idles great, has gobs of torque. It runs cool. Because it's lite and has 110 cubes I have never been able to lug it down. Crack the throttle and it pulls like a frieght train from 1800 to 6200rpms. Each time you shift into the next gear it pulls harder than the last one. No dead spots when crusing and it never pings. No leaks, no noises.
My First Harley and I am suprised at the quality and reliability. I bet I am not the only person who has a good healthy 110. Forums by their nature bring to light issues that occcur, but the folks that are out riding their bikes aren't on the forum all day. I bought a new 2003 German performance car that was racked with problems, I was on the forum bitching all day long. The dealer ended up taking care of everything (took 3 months). I haven't had a problem with the car since. I thought at the time that all the owners of this model were having the same issues because of all the noise on the forum. I found out later that there was a small number built (serial number range) that had these problems.
I hope some other riders that are happy with their 110's will respond to this thread. Then again they are probably out riding.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 06:40:34 PM »

I have a '07 Dyna Superglide that had the 110 kit installed 2230 miles aqo. It is stock with sert, V&H straight shots. I love it. It is light, fast and totaly reliable. It starts every time, idles great, has gobs of torque. It runs cool. Because it's lite and has 110 cubes I have never been able to lug it down. Crack the throttle and it pulls like a frieght train from 1800 to 6200rpms. Each time you shift into the next gear it pulls harder than the last one. No dead spots when crusing and it never pings. No leaks, no noises.
My First Harley and I am suprised at the quality and reliability. I bet I am not the only person who has a good healthy 110. Forums by their nature bring to light issues that occcur, but the folks that are out riding their bikes aren't on the forum all day. I bought a new 2003 German performance car that was racked with problems, I was on the forum bitching all day long. The dealer ended up taking care of everything (took 3 months). I haven't had a problem with the car since. I thought at the time that all the owners of this model were having the same issues because of all the noise on the forum. I found out later that there was a small number built (serial number range) that had these problems.
I hope some other riders that are happy with their 110's will respond to this thread. Then again they are probably out riding.

Two happy owners, one on their replacement engine and the other a hand built upgrade.  I wouldn't say that's any kind of a mandate would you?
We're out riding pleanty, that's why we keep wearing out these 5000 mile head gaskets.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Deacon

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 08:48:04 PM »

Looks like there are about 4000 CVOharley members. Out of that how many you figure own 2007 110
's? I bet not more than 300 or 400 at most. They built 2500 SE Dynas and 2500 SESpringers, I am not sure how many other SE models, but I bet they have shipped at least 20,000 110 engines from MoCo.
I would like to know how many folks on this board are having 100 engine problems. It would be nice to find out the ratio of owners to problems. Maybe I am riding on top of a time bomb. :nixweiss:

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 08:59:53 PM »

Deacon your derailing the post and hijacking it.    :oops:

This might be better suited as a separate topic :)

I have a 110
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 09:15:17 PM »

Instead of the problems, let's hear from those who are actually happy with their 110s.  If so, is your bike stock, or what has been modified to make you happy with it?  -Steve

I am so far...only 3k mile however...sert, rinehart 2-1, se a/c, progressive 440 rear shocks.  From day 1 it was SE slip on's , ac and the dreaded "flash".  I did the other mods at around 800 miles.

I have beat the chite outta it, stuck it traffic till I felt I was sittin on a pizza oven, burn outs, high rpm slip shifted and today a $8k S&S had a time to keep up. 

It  runs great on the open road 80-90 with lots of roll on power left.  Metal temp measured at the rear head via a hand held as showed a high temp of 380....I don't know what that means as I don't monitor oil temp.

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 09:22:03 PM »

After, the cylinders were replaced, my 110" motor has performed nicely for 5300 miles
Manufactured 07/06; Received 08/02/06
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 12:08:16 AM by FLHRSE »

Rhino

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 09:26:48 PM »

Hello Lovers of 110's!

I have a 110, FLHTCUSE2 B/O,  love it, and also added the TMAX w Autotune a while back, and the Zippers 575 Redshift Cam, Rineharts and Zippers A/C. And I am very happy, and she runs great, runs cooler, and idles sweet at 800-850 like a Harley is supposed to. Minor issues include correcting dealer work, and now I have a small head gasket leak, no big deal.  But she runs sweet, and is estimated now at 118/105. Just ask Harry, as I slowly passed him by.......not bad for bolt ons and ins. Ya gotta like it!    OK, a littel exag'ed, but he did not pass me, no way.

Now when Zippers is finished with mapping/injection/checking flow on the 110 nitrous, away I go. As a side note, if you know people with a 96, they just gotta do what Zippers did to their bike. Took a 96, added a 575 cam and their own proprietary nitrous with ThuinderMax integrated for fuel etc, and WHooHoo  144 lbs of torque.  Perfect AFRs across the board, it is a sleeper, and certainly a winner if they tell anyone about it.
(thisisnotanintentionalthreadhijack)

So, do I like the 110?. Yes I do. Perhaps other motors may have been better, but the action and mods on 110's is clearly happening much slower than on previous models. So when the 110's are a couple years older and more is available, heads are understood and played with, they will be up there on their own pedestal as a good performer.  I do know that Zippers did nail it with their best bang for the buck on their cam. Cheapest mods vs HP out there. JMHO.

Rhino

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 09:43:45 PM »

Almost choked on what I was drinking.

OK, a littel exag'ed, but he did not pass me, no way.
   :nixweiss:

Head leak, rockerboxes needing clearancing, hydrolic lines not tightened, pushrod issues werent the fault of the moco so we will leave that one out.   The rest are the fault of the moco.

Better richen it up while I am gone this week in San Jose, otherwise it will be the same result again and this time you can't say its a high end win hehe.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

bdas2

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 12:09:20 AM »

110 here "Jester" around 2k runs strong and good......only complaint is heat..........added K&N and sert.no dyno yet

Rhino

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 03:06:37 AM »

Just give up will ya? It aint gonna happen if I open up the throttle a little more anyway
Rhino

Almost choked on what I was drinking.
   :nixweiss:

Head leak, rockerboxes needing clearancing, hydrolic lines not tightened, pushrod issues werent the fault of the moco so we will leave that one out.   The rest are the fault of the moco.

Better richen it up while I am gone this week in San Jose, otherwise it will be the same result again and this time you can't say its a high end win hehe.

Screamin Dyna

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 09:46:49 AM »

Knock on wood I am still very happy with my 110 granted I only have 1500 on it but I have been pretty lucky.
I Love this Bike!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.