Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: The Difference in Dynos (and tricks of the trade)  (Read 10361 times)

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
Re: The Difference in Dynos (and tricks of the trade)
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2007, 08:18:14 PM »

Hoist , you know everything I've have done to mine...you think performance with quiet baffle would be better?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:23:07 PM by KingDog »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2007, 08:44:10 PM »

Hoist , you know everything I've have done to mine...you think performance with quiet baffle would be better?

I don't remember if you did your heads. You had compression w/the SE pistons and 258 cams. Without headwork, I'd probably say go with the standard muffler. If you did headwork, I'd say use the performance muffler. What size TB do you have? If you haven't changed that, I think that's your bigger problem right now. If you did headwork, cams, big exhaust, you'll need at least 54 mm. Maybe bigger, depending on your headwork. I'm not the engine guru here. I just did my homework and listened to some good people, then decided what I wanted to do when certain parts became available to me. I'm just going by my own experience in what I suggest. I'm really into this chit and I understand it very well, but I learn more each day. And I've been doing this quite awile now.  But I'm no expert, nor am I a wrench. I'm happy to help, but get some other opinions from the real gurus here too. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2007, 09:34:29 PM »

There are 2 Fatcat mufflers. The Standard one and the Performance one. Both are available in the Quiet version. They add fiber glass packing in the quiet ones. But it takes the tinnyness out of them and makes it sound a little deeper. I really like them. But they are pretty damn loud over 2500 RPM! They have an evil, wicked sound to them. And you can make them sound pretty damn obnoxious if you want/need to. I gotta tell you, people move out of the way when they hear it. They don't know what it is, or where it's coming from. And they move! It make lane splitting much easier!Definite bonus! :2vrolijk_21: ;)

Hoist!
Does anyone know the decisbles or the difference between the Fatcat Standard  and the Performance Quiet muffers? How loud is it?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2007, 09:38:17 PM »

Does anyone know the decisbles or the difference between the Fatcat Standard  and the Performance Quiet muffers? How load is it?

I'm finding out next weekend KD! These Performance Quiet ones are really loud. Maybe too loud. If I don't lose much performance with the Standard one, I'm switching them out. Man, a cop will hear me coming a mile away! ;D And it doesn't thrill Binx too much either! :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2007, 09:53:16 PM »

That's what I'm thinking....toooo loud for the passenger. And is there any gain for that noise? I understand the Standard Quiet baffles will give you 2 to 3 more lbs of torque and HP vs just the standard ones. That's what the tech at D&D in texas told me the other day but I forgot to ask about the difference in the performance one vs the performance quiet one and those two vs the standard ones. From what I understand the best torque baffle is the standard quiet one. But with our mods the performance quiet baffle may be the best for torque and power. I'm not sure, do you know? But you do say they are tooo loud then hum.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2007, 10:50:25 PM »

That's what I'm thinking....toooo loud for the passenger. And is there any gain for that noise? I understand the Standard Quiet baffles will give you 2 to 3 more lbs of torque and HP vs just the standard ones. That's what the tech at D&D in texas told me the other day but I forgot to ask about the difference in the performance one vs the performance quiet one and those two vs the standard ones. From what I understand the best torque baffle is the standard quiet one. But with our mods the performance quiet baffle may be the best for torque and power. I'm not sure, do you know? But you do say they are tooo loud then hum.

I already preliminary tested them. But I wasn't there for it. There's no question that the Performance Quiet one out performed the Standard one. (And I have no interest in the non-quiet ones of either model. They sound too tinny for me.) And by more than 2HP/TQ on this engine. D&D 's claim is based on stock engines. The Performance one helps my motor by more like 4 HP/TQ. We're gonna try to tune some of that back in. If I can end up at 125TQ and 120HP w/the Standard Quiet Muffler, I'll take it. Rich 07 has the Standard one with SE 251's and SE 50 mm TB. The bike runs strong and sounds great. Nowhere near as loud as mine. But he doesn't have headwork. I really have to see the impact on my motor to tell. But the growl that you get when backing off of the throttle at 3 grand and above, is almost not worth giving them up for. I love that sound! ;)

Hoist! 8)

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2007, 11:01:02 PM »

I already preliminary tested them. But I wasn't there for it. There's no question that the Performance Quiet one out performed the Standard one. (And I have no interest in the non-quiet ones of either model. They sound too tinny for me.) And by more than 2HP/TQ on this engine. D&D 's claim is based on stock engines. The Performance one helps my motor by more like 4 HP/TQ. We're gonna try to tune some of that back in. If I can end up at 125TQ and 120HP w/the Standard Quiet Muffler, I'll take it. Rich 07 has the Standard one with SE 251's and SE 50 mm TB. The bike runs strong and sounds great. Nowhere near as loud as mine. But he doesn't have headwork. I really have to see the impact on my motor to tell. But the growl that you get when backing off of the throttle at 3 grand and above, is almost not worth giving them up for. I love that sound! ;)

Hoist! 8)
When you mention the standard one are you referring to the standard QUIET one?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 11:04:22 PM by KingDog »

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member
  • FKA: Rich07

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: '07 SERK (retired)
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2007, 11:03:34 PM »

When you mention the standard one are you referring to the standard QUIET one?

This one: D&D Fat Cats w/Quiet Baffles, (D&D P/N is 502-32BQ).  The "Q" stands for the quiet baffle.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2007, 11:04:58 PM »

:jack:

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2007, 11:05:34 PM »

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2007, 11:09:07 PM »

This one: D&D Fat Cats w/Quiet Baffles, (D&D P/N is 502-32BQ).  The "Q" stands for the quiet baffle.
Thank's for clearing that up. :drink: And do YOU know the decible difference?

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2007, 11:12:48 PM »

That's for clearing that up. :drink: And do YOU know the decible difference?

No. They just sound deeper and not nearly as loud as the performance baffle on Howie's bike. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.