Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: TWR STABILIZER  (Read 16155 times)

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
TWR STABILIZER
« on: February 18, 2008, 06:38:26 PM »

Here's another option that we may be able to get a group buy on.He has these listed on e-bay for around $350.00 and said if 4 or more ordered he would give some kind of discount.I sent the www.cvoharley .com so he could look and see if his prouducts were good people here probally would buy them. here's the e-bay listing.                                                 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T-W-R-HARLEY-TOURING-STABILIZER-STOP-THAT-WOBBLE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35569QQihZ014QQitemZ330211476320QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: TWR STABILIZER
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 06:46:02 PM »

Here's another option that we may be able to get a group buy on.He has these listed on e-bay for around $350.00 and said if 4 or more ordered he would give some kind of discount.I sent the www.cvoharley .com so he could look and see if his prouducts were good people here probally would buy them. here's the e-bay listing.                                                 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T-W-R-HARLEY-TOURING-STABILIZER-STOP-THAT-WOBBLE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35569QQihZ014QQitemZ330211476320QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Interesting design. Let's hear from the critics.

I like the idea of everything being mounted above. Not sure how I feel about the plate that covers the rear right bushing. Maybe they can come in chrome, with a matching one for the other side? ;)

If this passes the CVOHarley Critics test, I might have a TrueTrack up for sale! ::)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 06:51:40 PM »

I refuse to sell my Tru-Track---yet..I just installed the damn thing yesterday.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 07:07:38 PM »

"I sent the www.cvoharley .com so he could look and see if his prouducts were good people here probally would buy them."

Looks like he took you up on it JDO! ;)

"Name:     twr
 Date Registered:     Today at 06:53:56 PM
 Last Active:    Today at 07:03:05 PM"

How goes it twr? Welcome to the Great CVOHarley site!

What gives with your stabilizer? Looks like a nece design. Any more details than on your EBay sale? Options for the Side Mounting Plates? Option for Matching left side? Chrome?

Say Hi here or in the New Member Section and tell us about yourself and your stuff! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

TWR

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 07:38:18 PM »

hi i only make the right side at this time, its black powder coated to match the other side or i can send it bare so you could get it chromed , or get it polished and have to clear powder coated to protect it from the weather, i aslo make lowering kits for 1993 to 2008 baggers thanks tracy

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 08:03:57 PM »

If the goup buy comes around I may be interested. Looks very interesting, I never liked the idea of placing that big cover over my transmission.
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

TWR

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 08:32:19 PM »

Hi one of the menbers is going to post some pictures of my kit the twr missing link kit and let the riders check it out and i will think of a price thanks tracy

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 08:35:35 PM »

Hey gang, I've been communicating with one of our newest members twr, Tracy, who makes the TWR Stabilizer setup discussed here. I was inquiring about the finishes available for the exposed bracket. There is not one available to match the left side if desired. He sent me some good pics of the unfinished bracket. It looks really good, and I think it will polish or chrome well. I like the layout of this piece. I'll attach some pics here.

All we need to discusss now are the technical merits of this piece. Will it work as it's intended? Is this approach a valid way to mount the 3rd Stabilizer link we know we need on these bikes? Will it perform as well as my TrueTrack? What do you think gang?

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 08:41:17 PM by Hoist »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 08:36:04 PM »

A few more unfinished.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 08:36:28 PM »

Another.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 08:36:56 PM »

1 more.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 08:37:22 PM »

Powder coated.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 08:37:52 PM »

The 3rd stabilizer link.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 08:38:15 PM »

Another.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 08:39:23 PM »

Last one. Unfinished, with his logo insert to cover the bushing hole. What do ya'll think?

Hoist! 8)

TWR

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 08:44:30 PM »

hi thanks for putting my pictures on, we will see how riders like it and it will work with a ez-up ride off center stand not hd one, ps the bracket is as thick as the top of the hd swingarm bracket bolts are now thanks tracy

TWR

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 08:56:39 PM »

hi my kit doesn't need a tool to fix bent crossmembers under your bike and lowering kits are not a problem either with my kit and it doesn't enclose the oil pan which leds to hotter oil temps, let the riders be the judge thanks tracy

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 09:03:06 PM »

The loads placed on the bolts of the swingarm brackets from the leverage generated by placing the point load that far from the bolt line raises questions. The bearing surface to the front side of the bolt holes is very limited and can't offer much support to resist the twisting that would result from side loads placed at the end of the bracket.

Looks like a new addition to the "Stabilizer of the Month Club".

:indian_chief:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 09:06:30 PM »

hi my kit doesn't need a tool to fix bent crossmembers under your bike and lowering kits are not a problem either with my kit and it doesn't enclose the oil pan which leds to hotter oil temps, let the riders be the judge thanks tracy

Thanks for all the info and the pics Tracy! ;)

Maybe you can come up with a rightgeous price for CVOHarley Members, for the finished and unfinished versions? ::) ;) :2vrolijk_21:

The loads placed on the bolts of the swingarm brackets from the leverage generated by placing the point load that far from the bolt line raises questions. The bearing surface to the front side of the bolt holes is very limited and can't offer much support to resist the twisting that would result from side loads placed at the end of the bracket.

Looks like a new addition to the "Stabilizer of the Month Club".

Chief, I don't see the load being directly on the bolts. The bolts serve to make that billet bracket a part of the frame, with the load being spread from the bracket to the frame. I could be wrong too. I just see it that way. :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 09:16:42 PM »

Thanks for all the info and the pics Tracy! ;)

Maybe you can come up with a rightgeous price for CVOHarley Members, for the finished and unfinished versions? ::) ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Chief, I don't see the load being directly on the bolts. The bolts serve to make that billet bracket a part of the frame, with the load being spread from the bracket to the frame. I could be wrong too. I just see it that way. :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

You're right Hoist.  If you have a BIG MOTOR like Ol' Maudie, it tends to cancel the purpose of a rubber mounted Motor.  Feels more like a Rigid.  Been there, done that.  Too much vibration.  JMO.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 09:17:30 PM »

Thanks for all the info and the pics Tracy! ;):

Chief, I don't see the load being directly on the bolts. The bolts serve to make that billet bracket a part of the framew, with the load bing spread from the bracket to the frame. I could be wrong too. I jus see it that way. :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

That's the problem. If the load was applied directly at the bolts, that would be better. There is SO little material there to handle the flexing back and forth. It would be much better if there was a large bearing surface to support the load. The only thing that is there are the thin flanges around the bolt holes (see pic). The lack of bearing surface puts a lot of bending force into the bolts and holes. That area of the frame was not designed to absorb twisting loads. Tension and compression are one thing, but the bending is a mother.

mhjimh

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 09:18:00 PM »

I run one of his older ones haven't get many miles on it as of yet. Just bought it from ebay it was the last of the steel ones before they where made from aluminum. But planing on riding to D-beach that will put over 2000 miles on it, I'll let ya now.

TWR

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 09:38:50 PM »

hi there is .360 under the bolt and about .500 from the edge of the bracket and with the bracket on it ties the frame and the bracket together is very strong and it doesn't have 4 inch  x 1/4 bolts in the transmission, there is not enough side load to have a problem with my kit thanks tracy

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 08:18:05 PM »

Where are we at with this gang? Any interest from anyone?

Thanks for the info twr. Have you worked up any CVOHarley group buy prices for us yet, for both the finished and unfinished models. Thanks again. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

igofar

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA #27368
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 10:58:09 PM »

Where are we at with this gang? Any interest from anyone?

I'm liking what I see.
The only problem I have is with the "chain links" machined into the mounting bracket.
Keep that off mine, send it to me black and I am in!!
Hey, he's a Canuck!!! Great for me as the border crossing thing is painful sometimes!!!

Brad

P.S. Just looked at the installed pictures and the lower part of the mounting bracket is covered by the exhaust pipe.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 11:01:27 PM by igofar »

Diesel Dragon

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2008, 09:24:04 PM »

What ever happened with this product, did anyone try one out ??

Read on other site that peeps tried it and liked it.

Anyone have any new input about it ??

Want to get some kind of stabilizer but not sure which one and I'm thinking of adding a center stand too and I'm not sure which product can be used with which stand.

Here's the latest e-bay link:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TWR-HARLEY-TOURING-STABILIZER-STOP-THAT-WOBBLE_W0QQitemZ230276535589QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230276535589&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245.l1318

DD

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 09:30:25 PM by Diesel Dragon »
A threesome is not really cheating, the 2 girls cancel each other out :)

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits

08 SE Ultra
03 Fatboy

REGGAB

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2008, 09:34:17 PM »

Want to get some kind of stabilizer but not sure which one and I'm thinking of adding a center stand too and I'm not sure which product can be used with which stand.

Here's the latest e-bay link:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TWR-HARLEY-TOURING-STABILIZER-STOP-THAT-WOBBLE_W0QQitemZ230276535589QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230276535589&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245.l1318

DD

Drago,
It's been on my motorcycle for quite awhile, and I love it.  Here's my story.  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=21208.0

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 10:42:19 AM »

DD

Ebay cost is same as TWR web cost so I would hope TWR offered a better group buy price to us but haven't found it yet.. I've read all comments from this forum and it sounds TWR to be a good product. I'm curious if anyone here tried True Track, and TWR for a full blown comparison? Since cost seems to be the same for all stabilizer systems, it would be good to know real life experience with these systems.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 21 queries.