Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Arnott Air Ride Suspension  (Read 22537 times)

cvofatboy

Arnott Air Ride Suspension
« on: March 23, 2008, 11:02:21 AM »

Anyone have any feedback on the arnott air ride suspension? how does it compare to legends or progressive?

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
Re: Arnott Air Ride Suspension
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 07:39:22 PM »

I have the Arnott on my 06 streetglide, it came complete with compressor with mounting bracket and install kit, the hoses and wiring were pre cut, it installed very nice and easy, its a good kit for the price. I have installed both the Legends and Progressive systems and they take more work, both kits cost more with the Legend being the highest priced. As for the ride on all 3 I would say the Progressive gives the best then Arnott and Legend are very close to the same. The height adjustment from lowest to highest  Arnott, Legend then Progressive. Here is a pic of it on the stops with the Arnott system.

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 07:40:35 PM »

Here is one full up, hope this helps

cvofatboy

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 11:02:36 PM »

thanks for the info. im looking at just getting the shocks, i already have a compressor from my cheap draggin bagger kit.

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 07:52:46 PM »

Old wrench,

Is the wiring plug and play or is there cutting to be done, for the electrical?  I went to their website and it looks like a nice setup for the money.

Thanks,

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 07:48:09 AM »

Old wrench,

Is the wiring plug and play or is there cutting to be done, for the electrical?  I went to their website and it looks like a nice setup for the money.

Thanks,

john

It was plug and play on everything but the power and ground, even had the inline fuse on it, they had them tied to there system you just had to cut to length and crimp the connections. I installed a inline tee and attached a pressure gauge on the pressure line from the compressor to the shocks, so I could make a quick set for 1 up 2up and 2 up loaded rides. Here is a pic of that I need to chrome out the fittings to make it look better. I think they have a push button controler now that has 3 different sittings you can program in and has digital pressure read out on it, that is a adder to the system and the price.

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 08:04:29 AM »

Also mounting the compressor is a little work, you have to pull the battery, right side cover, it fits in a compartment under the battery box and it comes with the mounting bracket on the compressor that holds it in place, it slips into a slot and there is a hole already there for the bolt to hold it in place. It wasnt that bad to install. They have instruction on there site, I notice they did change the up and down switch and it looks better than the one I had.

http://www.arnottairride.com/ftpManual/9010-BS%20REV%203%20LOW%20RES.pdf

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 11:26:31 PM »

Thanks, Old Wrench for the information.  Installation doesn't seem too difficult.  I think I might try a set. 

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 09:38:34 AM »

Thanks, Old Wrench for the information.  Installation doesn't seem too difficult.  I think I might try a set. 

john

Your more than welcome John, if I can help anymore let me know.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 03:52:29 PM »

They were a vendor at the LA State HOG Rally this past weekend.  Nice setup and about half the cost of Legends (which I have).  They use Bilstein (sp?) shocks and are much smaller in diameter than the Legends but that is not to say they are inferior, just noticed they are smaller.  But the chrome Legend handlebar mounted switch is much, much nicer than their switch, imo.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

harleydawg57

• Full CVO Member
  • "Raring to go-- but can't go for raring!!"

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG orange/black
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 05:10:41 PM »

Talked to the people at Arnott today--they definately have a quality product. 
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
HD six speed-True Duals with Samson slip ons- S & S gear drive cams with oiling fuel pump-power commander-Kuyakyn rear adjustable rider pegs-HD tuner-Hawg-Wired amp and speakers w/Sony Tuner xm sat radio-Boogey Lights

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 10:13:11 PM »

I have the Arnott on my 06 streetglide, it came complete with compressor with mounting bracket and install kit, the hoses and wiring were pre cut, it installed very nice and easy, its a good kit for the price. I have installed both the Legends and Progressive systems and they take more work, both kits cost more with the Legend being the highest priced. As for the ride on all 3 I would say the Progressive gives the best then Arnott and Legend are very close to the same. The height adjustment from lowest to highest  Arnott, Legend then Progressive. Here is a pic of it on the stops with the Arnott system.

Old Wrench,
I'm toying around with maybe going with this system on my SEEG. Will I notice a substantial difference in the ride quality compared to the stock shocks?  I've haven't made any change to the suspension whatsoever.

Thanks

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 06:58:09 AM »

Old Wrench,
I'm toying around with maybe going with this system on my SEEG. Will I notice a substantial difference in the ride quality compared to the stock shocks?  I've haven't made any change to the suspension whatsoever.

Thanks

I do feel they would have a better ride if they were spring assisted, what I do like about them is the adjustment range in height and being able to load the bike up and raise it with the push of a button  and not worry about bottoming out on the travel, you can do this going down the road.

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 10:39:28 AM »

I do feel they would have a better ride if they were spring assisted, what I do like about them is the adjustment range in height and being able to load the bike up and raise it with the push of a button  and not worry about bottoming out on the travel, you can do this going down the road.

Thank you, Sir !

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 10:53:59 AM »

Thank you, Sir !

Ur more than welcome, your in there part of the world, ride down there and checkum out, they have a few guys that ride HDs that work there.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.