Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Arnott Air Ride Suspension  (Read 22539 times)

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
Re: Arnott Air Ride Suspension
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 10:59:14 AM »

Thank you, Sir !

Looks like $698 on the Arnott site and $799 on Ebay with free S&H? What am I missing!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 09:45:29 AM by Capo »

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 11:03:23 AM »

Looks like $698 on the Arnott site and $799 on Ebay with free S&H? Whay am I missing!

hehehehe a 100 dollars if you buy them on Ebay  ;D

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 10:10:14 PM »

Ur more than welcome, your in there part of the world, ride down there and checkum out, they have a few guys that ride HDs that work there.
Yep, I had already discovered we we're in the same State... another reason to consider them...... :2vrolijk_21:

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 10:57:25 PM »

I have the Arnott on my 06 streetglide, it came complete with compressor with mounting bracket and install kit, the hoses and wiring were pre cut, it installed very nice and easy, its a good kit for the price. I have installed both the Legends and Progressive systems and they take more work, both kits cost more with the Legend being the highest priced. As for the ride on all 3 I would say the Progressive gives the best then Arnott and Legend are very close to the same. The height adjustment from lowest to highest  Arnott, Legend then Progressive. Here is a pic of it on the stops with the Arnott system.
OW how many years/miles in  the arnott's? versus the Legends a nd Progressivs systems

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2008, 07:54:26 AM »

OW how many years/miles in  the arnott's? versus the Legends a nd Progressivs systems

The only system I own myself is the Arnott, put it on in Nov. 07 and have about 3k miles on it, working fine. I have installed Legends and Progressive system on about 20 or so bike and the only time I rode them was the test ride, they still work fine on the bikes I know are still going. I do like the way Progressive shocks are designed with them you have the air and spring together which feels like a better ride to me. I think Arnott has been in business about 20 years, but into the motorcycle suspension for about 4 or 5 years. The other 2 have been doing it alot longer.

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008, 08:22:33 AM »

Just to let you guys know, I have made a change on mine from the original Arnott system, I put some of the Aldan adjustable shocks on that they offer, you can buy them with the system and they do add more cost to it. But there is a big ride difference in the Aldan shocks compared to the Bilsteins I had on it. With the Aldan you have a larger piston and a cover airboot, and the adjustment gives you the choice of return rate, the ride is alot better on rougher roads. If your looking for somthing to just change the height of the bike then the Bilsteins are fine, if you looking for height and ride comfort I would spend the extra coin and go with the Aldans. 

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 09:31:59 PM »

Just to let you guys know, I have made a change on mine from the original Arnott system, I put some of the Aldan adjustable shocks on that they offer, you can buy them with the system and they do add more cost to it. But there is a big ride difference in the Aldan shocks compared to the Bilsteins I had on it. With the Aldan you have a larger piston and a cover airboot, and the adjustment gives you the choice of return rate, the ride is alot better on rougher roads. If your looking for somthing to just change the height of the bike then the Bilsteins are fine, if you looking for height and ride comfort I would spend the extra coin and go with the Aldans. 

Thanks, Old Wrench.... Will certainly keep that in mind  :2vrolijk_21:

frankj

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 11:19:29 AM »

8)Gentlemen,
the price's being quoted,are correct.However-they are for 2 different systems.The Bilsteins are the above quoted $100.00 less system,the QA-1's,which are fully covered,polished aluminum,feature a multi position rebound knob are more.
The Aldan systems have a higher retail price,are available in chrome or black anodised,also feature an multi position rebound knob,and come standard with a handlebar mount controller.The other 2 systems come with a 3-way micro toggle controller.For pricing info,please call me toll free 9-5,e.s.t.,or email me direct.

Thanks,

Frank Johnson
Motorcycle Division
Arnott Air Ride
Cape Canaveral,FL
1-800-251-8993,ext 101
frank@arnottairride.com

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 01:01:46 PM »

8)Gentlemen,
the price's being quoted,are correct.However-they are for 2 different systems.The Bilsteins are the above quoted $100.00 less system,the QA-1's,which are fully covered,polished aluminum,feature a multi position rebound knob are more.
The Aldan systems have a higher retail price,are available in chrome or black anodised,also feature an multi position rebound knob,and come standard with a handlebar mount controller.The other 2 systems come with a 3-way micro toggle controller.For pricing info,please call me toll free 9-5,e.s.t.,or email me direct.

Thanks,

Frank Johnson
Motorcycle Division
Arnott Air Ride
Cape Canaveral,FL
1-800-251-8993,ext 101
frank@arnottairride.com

Thanks Frank for the info, its about time you made an appearence  :2vrolijk_21:

Frank is the one that set me up with my Arnott system, I can say good dependable service is what I got, parts in stock out the door with on time shipments. Thanks again Frank for all your help

TNThumper

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anny #1258/1800
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 08:50:07 PM »

Will the Aldan system fit the Ultra Bikes? I did'nt see it on the arnott website.

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 09:24:13 PM »

Will the Aldan system fit the Ultra Bikes? I did'nt see it on the arnott website.
Vis,
I'm looking at their catalog now... and YES.
They have an adjustable Aldan Series for the Touring Bikes. 11.6" & 13.0" .
One model for 1980-2007 bikes, one model for 2008-up without ABS & another model for 2008-up WITH ABS.

Here's the Stock #'s
                                11.6          13.0
1980-2007                  9010-AS     9010-AL
2008-up (non ABS)       9025-AS     9025-AL
2008-up (ABS)             9026-AS     9026-AL

Available in Chrome or Black Finish

Hope this helps

TNThumper

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anny #1258/1800
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 10:09:28 PM »

Cool HogDude, thanks for diggin that up

VG

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 11:10:17 PM »

Cool HogDude, thanks for diggin that up

VG
No problem, VG  :2vrolijk_21: Hope it helps

Twistedrider

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 09:18:38 AM »

Yes, I have them installed. Once you learn how to adjust them to your height and weight ,stay off the lower bump stop and don't keep inflating them after they reach the max throw, they work great. Stiffer then the stock shocks, IMO makes for a more stable ride. I'm on #2 setting, haven't really experimented with the other settings much.

I will say it was a real bitch getting the battery box out so I could mount the compressor. I would suggest you first try to get the compressor mounted under the battery box without removing it.

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 08:08:05 AM »

Here is a pic of the Aldan shocks on my 06 streetglide, the only thing I had to modify was the quick detache sissy bar mounts, I think a spacer between the shock eye and frame would have got it out for enough to clear and still not make bag contact. I made a spacer for a longer allen head bolt and enlarged the notch that was in the mount. Arnott may have spacers for this I did not check with them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.