Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Arnott Air Ride Suspension  (Read 22538 times)

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
Re: Arnott Air Ride Suspension
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2008, 08:09:20 AM »

Here is another one

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2008, 06:14:14 PM »

Just to let you guys know, I have made a change on mine from the original Arnott system, I put some of the Aldan adjustable shocks on that they offer, you can buy them with the system and they do add more cost to it. But there is a big ride difference in the Aldan shocks compared to the Bilsteins I had on it. With the Aldan you have a larger piston and a cover airboot, and the adjustment gives you the choice of return rate, the ride is alot better on rougher roads. If your looking for somthing to just change the height of the bike then the Bilsteins are fine, if you looking for height and ride comfort I would spend the extra coin and go with the Aldans. 

I am trying to put together a group buy together on the Arnott Air Ride System, if anyone is interested please post in group buy
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2008, 09:53:08 PM »

Arnott is closing out the QA shocks for about $90 more than the Bilsteins-at or below dealer wholesale so be savy :huepfenlol2:

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2008, 10:31:27 PM »

what are the QA shocks?

I only know of the Bilstiens and Aldans............
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2008, 11:58:47 PM »

what are the QA shocks?

I only know of the Bilstiens and Aldans............

A schock similar to the Aldans except purportedly with a better dampening for a smoother ride and polished aluminum covers instead of chrome or black alla Aldans-Frank at Arnottg said they stopped selling as the market has moved to chrome and black anodized and arnott is closing them out.

I think they be from Eaton Springs as below-have to ask Frank

The Best Ride in Rodding Continues......

No matter what type suspension your street rod has - leaf spring, traditional coil spring, torsion bar, air, or coil-over - the importance of a high quality shock cannot be understated.

Shocks are the final touch that completes the ride quality of all vehicles. The difference between an "OK" ride and a smooth, comfortable ride can be attributed to the shocks.

The only function of any shock is to control the spring's energy.

Don't get stuck in the 50's, get the ride and handling of a current production vehicle with EATON DETROIT SPRING and QA1 Shocks

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2008, 01:09:55 PM »

Yes, I have them installed. Once you learn how to adjust them to your height and weight ,stay off the lower bump stop and don't keep inflating them after they reach the max throw, they work great. Stiffer then the stock shocks, IMO makes for a more stable ride. I'm on #2 setting, haven't really experimented with the other settings much.

I will say it was a real bitch getting the battery box out so I could mount the compressor. I would suggest you first try to get the compressor mounted under the battery box without removing it.

I am stuck at this step-can't get the compressor in and the ABS module is preventing the battery box from coming out-any ideas?

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2008, 09:52:32 PM »

Arnott discontinued the QA not because they were not good..(they were) but the pressure is always on to deliver a
better product and the Aldans were basically the same as QA and they could be chromed which allowed them to sell 1 shock system (for the VROD) instead of 2
The Aldans look much better but that is of lesser of an issue with baggers, but  not for VRods
Formally FLHTCUSE3

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2008, 10:08:03 PM »

FInished the install and everything works as advertised. Went with a single solid screw for the compressor due to the inability to actually completely remove the battery box. feels solid and the screw is the nylon style so it will not back off and if I develop a rattle I'll know where to look.

Ride Safe! :coolblue:

Update the rattle turned in to a thumping and so I went back and installed the second attachment from the outside just removed the battery and side cover for access. I did find the wire harness had been rubbing the drive belt and had to repair 4 wires-took my time and used heat shrink to ensure the waterptoof integrity-all is well and the shocks are performing well-working through the correct dampening (QA-1) setting now.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 07:16:20 AM by Capo »

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Twistedrider

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2008, 10:22:01 PM »

FInished the install and everythin g works as advertised. Went with a single solid screw fopr the compressor due to the inability to actually completely remove the battery box. feels solid and the screw is the nylon style so it will not back off and if I develop a rattle I'll know where to look.

Ride Safe! :coolblue:

Glad you were able to get at least one screw in, I would not have been able to help you much. I just kept twisting and turning the box, until all of a sudden out it came. Sometimes you just get lucky!

frankj

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2008, 09:45:21 AM »

To the CVO members,
The QA-1's are still being sold.There are some differences between the Aldans such as-
They are polished aluminum,they also feature a 16 position rebound knob.The Qa-1's are only available in a 12.75" length,compressed is 10.5"
Last year these systems sold at a much higher price,now only $799.00.
We will continue to offer the Qa-1's,it is a fine riding shock.
Thank you for your interest and support,

Frank Johnson
Arnott Air Ride
399 Challenger rd
Cape Canaveral,
Fla 32920
USA
1-800-251-8993
frank@arnottairride.com
 8)

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2008, 09:01:11 PM »

Another option is AirFX lower price and better damping than Legends. dumbassbiker.com

MOBlue

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2008, 11:25:03 AM »

Just to let you guys know, I have made a change on mine from the original Arnott system, I put some of the Aldan adjustable shocks on that they offer, you can buy them with the system and they do add more cost to it. But there is a big ride difference in the Aldan shocks compared to the Bilsteins I had on it. With the Aldan you have a larger piston and a cover airboot, and the adjustment gives you the choice of return rate, the ride is alot better on rougher roads. If your looking for somthing to just change the height of the bike then the Bilsteins are fine, if you looking for height and ride comfort I would spend the extra coin and go with the Aldans. 

Old Wrench,
How would you rate the ride of your new Alden shocks as compared to the ride quality of the Progressive Airtails you discussed earlier. I need a better ride quality than I'm getting out of my 440's on my Pumpkin.
Thx......

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2008, 01:05:38 PM »

Old Wrench,
How would you rate the ride of your new Alden shocks as compared to the ride quality of the Progressive Airtails you discussed earlier. I need a better ride quality than I'm getting out of my 440's on my Pumpkin.
Thx......

If your looking for a top quality ride, I would go with the Progressive. They dont seem to have the adjustment, high to low that the Aldans and Bilstiens do but they have a better ride to them for sure. The Bilstiens our about 50% and the Aldans are 75 to 80% the ride quality of Progressive, they just cost more.

MOBlue

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2008, 07:35:18 PM »

If your looking for a top quality ride, I would go with the Progressive. They dont seem to have the adjustment, high to low that the Aldans and Bilstiens do but they have a better ride to them for sure. The Bilstiens our about 50% and the Aldans are 75 to 80% the ride quality of Progressive, they just cost more.

Thanks for the advice.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.