Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: XM Radio  (Read 892 times)

hdkid

• CVO1: 08 EG Ultra Root Beer Bike
XM Radio
« on: June 09, 2008, 10:58:55 AM »

Hi Gang,

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer on two wheels so far.....quick question. I have activated the XM radio on my 08 SEUC for the 3 months "free" period. I have a subscription to Sirius as well. Heres my dilema....on my 06 EG Classic I used my Sirius unit with a handle bar mount and it worked great. On the new bike I dont want to cover up my nice chrome switches, etc. I know that with some GM cars theres an adapter you can get to convert an XM head unit to Sirius.....does anyone know if this is possible with the HK units we have?

Thanks team.....ride safe!

Hal

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: XM Radio
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 05:11:00 PM »

Hi Gang,

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer on two wheels so far.....quick question. I have activated the XM radio on my 08 SEUC for the 3 months "free" period. I have a subscription to Sirius as well. Heres my dilema....on my 06 EG Classic I used my Sirius unit with a handle bar mount and it worked great. On the new bike I dont want to cover up my nice chrome switches, etc. I know that with some GM cars theres an adapter you can get to convert an XM head unit to Sirius.....does anyone know if this is possible with the HK units we have?

Thanks team.....ride safe!

Hal

Hal,
That's a good question.  I don't think that there is an adapter to allow you to hook a Sirius receiver/antenna to the HK radio.  Personnally, I wouldn't be too concerned.  The merger is almost complete and the programming will be the same on both satellites/systems after that happens.  JMHO.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

RedBone

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE Copper Canyon
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 10:54:59 PM »

Since XM aquired sirus they will probably come up with some kind of deal or merge shortly???

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 08:25:41 PM »

Since XM aquired sirus they will probably come up with some kind of deal or merge shortly???

The merger has already been approved by the Justice Department, just waiting for the FCC to approve the merger.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.