Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Cracked rear head pipe (stock)  (Read 9083 times)

hd2003-se2005

Re: Cracked rear head pipe (stock)
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2005, 02:28:17 PM »

Thanks Jim!

That saves me the trouble of telling Tater the same thing.

[smiley=laugh.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2005, 02:53:54 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, hd-2003 & hd-dude!
 Trouble?  Hell, I love trouble!  And, the trouble is, those cheap imitations of RINEHARTS that you run, just can't get you to the front!  RINEHART RULES!  Come on, Chipper, get you a "BIG MOTOR" with some RINEHARTS, soes you can run up front with Ol' HUB!  Come on, give me some competition.  I'm gettin' bored with thumpin' every single Harley that thinks they have somethin' Ol' Maudie.  You North Caroliner Redneck, you! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD    
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2005, 02:58:01 PM »

How could they be perfect, After all they only tried to improve on an inferior product to begin with [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

If I remember right, the 'stock' header has been cracking also.  Could it be that this stroker motor/or any high performance motor is gonna shake/vibrate the beejeesus out of the exhaust system and any mounting point that's tight will be tested to the max????  I think BLM777 is right on with the 'fix' as indicated by both Freedom and Reinhart sending a spacer/washer for better alignment as the 'fix'.  It's just not enough.  And what about the muffler falling off of the exhaust pipe on some of the Reinharts with lots of miles???  That's a indication of something wrong structrually, huh?   We just need better pipe materials/design/welding/etc to eliminate this problem.  Interestingly, it's not just the MoCo having quality control problems and it's not because of buying 'cheap' knock-off type products on our parts either.  And I hate to point out that these products are made in the good ole USA too, so we can't blame the (whoever) for these problems.  Arrrrrghhh!    [smiley=furious.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 22 queries.