Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: 2008 Brake Squeal  (Read 8722 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
2008 Brake Squeal
« on: June 20, 2008, 07:11:46 AM »

You know that anti squal stuff they sell/give you with brake pads for cars?

Wondering if it can be put on the Bike Pads?  Will it affect the rotors?

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 2008 Brake Squeal
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 08:16:58 AM »

You know that anti squal stuff they sell/give you with brake pads for cars?

Wondering if it can be put on the Bike Pads?  Will it affect the rotors?

/Bill

The anti-squeal stuff I'm thinking of goes on the back of the pads and wouldn't have any affect on the rotors at all.  It's designed to dampen vibration between the caliper and pad, therefore reducing or eliminating the noise.  I've never tried it on a bike, but I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 08:27:14 AM »

That is the stuff ...between the caliper and pad.

Never used it on a bike but the squeal is really getting to me now...

The anti-squeal stuff I'm thinking of goes on the back of the pads and wouldn't have any affect on the rotors at all.  It's designed to dampen vibration between the caliper and pad, therefore reducing or eliminating the noise.  I've never tried it on a bike, but I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't.

Jerry

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 08:38:25 AM »

Bill, it may be worth a try but since you have to remove the pads anyway in order to apply the stuff, why not just replace the pads?  I've recommended Lyndall Z+ to several folks to resolve the issue, and as far as I can tell the folks who made the change have been satisfied.  If anyone has found that to be bad advice I would hope they would chime in here.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 09:51:14 AM »

Rear brake squeal on the 08's................. The dealers are right again when they say "They all do it." It's so wonderful when one line like that is a way to get forgivness for poor designs. As long as they all do it, there isn't anything they can/will do to attempt a repair. What a plan!!!!!!!!

:indian_chief:

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 09:20:52 PM »

Have also heard that Lyndall pads will eliminate the squeal.

:2vrolijk_21:
'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 09:25:13 PM »

I went with the new Gold plus pads.  They are now squeeling too!  Maybe thats why I'm gonna call it a hog.  I haven't called Lyndall back about this yet, but this is what's going on now.  Maybe get the old Z plus pads.   :nixweiss:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 09:45:33 PM »

I went with the new Gold plus pads.  They are now squeeling too!  Maybe thats why I'm gonna call it a hog.  I haven't called Lyndall back about this yet, but this is what's going on now.  Maybe get the old Z plus pads.   :nixweiss:
I'm running the Z plus pads w/no squealing. Do the Gold Plus pads recommend that you use Lyndall Rotors also? :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 10:39:11 PM »

Rear brake squeal on the 08's................. The dealers are right again when they say "They all do it." It's so wonderful when one line like that is a way to get forgivness for poor designs. As long as they all do it, there isn't anything they can/will do to attempt a repair. What a plan!!!!!!!!

:indian_chief:

And the best part is, by refusing to do anything because "they all do it", there is no official record of the problem and the MoCo can claim ignorance of the entire situation.  I hope that everyone who has this squeal issue calls the MoCo direct and gets it on record, even if you wind up having to fix it yourself.

Funny thing about stuff like this, when companies don't believe they have any real competition they tend to act a lot like the MoCo and their dealers.  However, let business go to hell and the competition overrun them, and all of a sudden the voice of the customer becomes the main battle cry.  I speak from experience in the auto industry, where the 3 main domestic players all had their traditional slice of the market back in the 70's and were very comfortable just passing customers back and forth when they pissed them off.  It was very common in the good ol' days for the dealers and manufacturers to blow folks off just like Harley does now.  By the time I retired, however, I had seen major changes.  We had teams for every vehicle subsystem, and those teams included folks from the plant floor all the way to the executive suite and even to dealers.  Those teams tracked warranty claims, customer survey results, and internal indicators on a weekly basis.  We set up regular contacts with key volume dealerships so we could get immediate information on new problems as they occurred, often to the point of visiting the dealership to assist with the problem or even bringing cars back to the plant for analysis and repair.  As soon as trends could be identified, investigations into root cause were initiated.  If the customer issues were assembly plant controllable items, we put special inspections and containment actions in place to control the problem until permanent engineering action could eliminate it entirely.  In those cases where the product was performing as designed but the customers weren't happy, we didn't just sit back down and say "nothing we can do about that one".  We pushed the engineering organization to come up with answers, both interim and permanent.  Obviously this approach works quite well, as evidenced by the major improvement in quality ratings (my old employer is now ranked equal to Toyota and Honda in initial quality, and is making huge strides in long term reliability as well).

What H-D needs is some really tough competition to kick start the process.  I would love to see someone like Victory start to really kick some ass and then watch all the scurrying in Milwaukee.  There is absolutely no reason why H-D can't be first class in customer service and quality, once they eliminate the complacent management.

Jerry

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 08:02:06 PM »

Gonna have them change out my rotor in the winter. They said that was the next step, already new pads, chamferring pads, and stop squeal on pads and it still comes back.

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 10:54:01 PM »

Steve:

The Gold+ are full blown racing pads that may give some squealing due to the splatter paint coating applied to the backing plate.  Had a discussion with Paul concerning the same situation.

Try the Z+ and see what happens.

;)
'07 Ultra Classic
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

TORKER07

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 12:01:20 AM »

I also took the advise of others on this site. Lyndall Z+ here and no problems. Here is another thought, a good friend of mine that is the best auto mechanic I know has a trick when applying that anti squeal compound to the backs of brake pads. He first heats them up a little with a propane torch to warm up the steel portion, he says it helps to dry the compound a little faster so your not waiting around for hours for it to set up.

Tork

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 10:41:20 AM »

I'm running the Z plus pads w/no squealing. Do the Gold Plus pads recommend that you use Lyndall Rotors also? :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

I run the Z plus pads on my Heritage Softail.  They work great.  Supposedly the Gold Plus pads (which are more expensive) are supposed to have more stopping power, and work well in the rain with no break in required.  I don't know why I'm having this problem, but if I had it to do over again I'd go with the Z plus pads.  I called Lyndall  to order the pads and they didn't say anything about using different rotors.  (I told them I had the new Brembo brakes).

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 10:45:15 AM »

Steve:

The Gold+ are full blown racing pads that may give some squealing due to the splatter paint coating applied to the backing plate.  Had a discussion with Paul concerning the same situation.

Try the Z+ and see what happens.

;)

I guess I'll have to do that, but it pisses me off because I hate spending money twice.  Whoever I talked to from Lyndall told me these were redesigned and would work fine.  Looks like I got more garbage food and another order for the Zplus pads.

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 06:23:16 PM »

I guess I'll have to do that, but it pisses me off because I hate spending money twice.  Whoever I talked to from Lyndall told me these were redesigned and would work fine.  Looks like I got more garbage food and another order for the Zplus pads.

Steve:  I have recently converted the front brakes on my '07 Ultra to the new '08 Brembos (non-abs), and purchased the Gold+ since they appeared to be the "top-of-the-line" pad from Lyndall.  Afte a short time, I started to get a faint "whine" from the front only after reaching cruise speeds of 55-60 and above.  Not a squeal during application of the brakes, but a faint whine while cruising.  Paul (Kittrell), the President of Lyndall, stated after a very pleasant conversation that "maybe" the rear backing plate (splatter coating) of the Gold+ "might" be causing this.  I asked if I had actually bought too high of a performance pad, and he said "well, these are designed for high performance applications but will also work on Touring rigs."  He also stated that installing another set of the same (Gold+) pads could eliminate the noise because on rare occasions a set of pads will reach the customer that may not have been machined perfectly flat.  At my request, he agreed to send out a couple of sets of the Z+(no charge) for me to try and if they performed to my satisfaction, then merely send the Gold+ back.  IMO, this is customer service second to none!

I honestly feel if you call Paul, and let him know your having problems with the Gold+, he'll gladly replace them with Gold+s or the Z+s; whichever you desire.

Got a hunch the Z+ will be the pads I'll keep; but won't know for sure till they're here (couple of days) and I've had time to install and put some miles on them.  Will definitely post my results.

BTW:  These '08 Brembos are the best OEM brakes I have ever used on a Touring rig!  They have enormous feel at the lever and are very confidence inspiring!  Smooth, linear performance.......   ;D

Hope this helps!

'07 Ultra Classic
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 01:34:36 PM »

Steve:  I have recently converted the front brakes on my '07 Ultra to the new '08 Brembos (non-abs), and purchased the Gold+ since they appeared to be the "top-of-the-line" pad from Lyndall.  Afte a short time, I started to get a faint "whine" from the front only after reaching cruise speeds of 55-60 and above.  Not a squeal during application of the brakes, but a faint whine while cruising.  Paul (Kittrell), the President of Lyndall, stated after a very pleasant conversation that "maybe" the rear backing plate (splatter coating) of the Gold+ "might" be causing this.  I asked if I had actually bought too high of a performance pad, and he said "well, these are designed for high performance applications but will also work on Touring rigs."  He also stated that installing another set of the same (Gold+) pads could eliminate the noise because on rare occasions a set of pads will reach the customer that may not have been machined perfectly flat.  At my request, he agreed to send out a couple of sets of the Z+(no charge) for me to try and if they performed to my satisfaction, then merely send the Gold+ back.  IMO, this is customer service second to none!

I honestly feel if you call Paul, and let him know your having problems with the Gold+, he'll gladly replace them with Gold+s or the Z+s; whichever you desire.

Got a hunch the Z+ will be the pads I'll keep; but won't know for sure till they're here (couple of days) and I've had time to install and put some miles on them.  Will definitely post my results.

BTW:  These '08 Brembos are the best OEM brakes I have ever used on a Touring rig!  They have enormous feel at the lever and are very confidence inspiring!  Smooth, linear performance.......   ;D

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info, I'll give Paul a call. 
I had a friend who's a long time HD mechanic install my pads (rear only) and he did it without taking the caliper off the bike.  I was told that the Z+ pads don't work as well in the rain, so I tried the Gold+.  (I have the Z+ pads on my other Harley, and I am very happy with them.  -Steve

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 07:00:46 PM »

I have tried both the gold the Z + pads on my 08'. The Z+ won't squeal, but will not stop as good either compared to the golds or stock pads.

megavolt17

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 09:06:22 AM »

At 2400 miles my squeal is gone.  It was mostly gone after I got caught in a drenching rain that I thought was going to drown me or my bike.  Not sure if the rain or mileage took care of it.  I had been thinking of trying WD 40 at one point.
Megavolt17

2008 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide (FLHTCUSE3)
105th Anniversary Crystal Copper and Black Onyx
HD High Intensity Discharge (HID) Dual Bulb Headlamp
HD Illuminated LED Windshield Molding Kit
HD Air Wing Tour-Pak Luggage Rack with Smoked Lens LED Rack Light
Küryakyn Panacea Blue Dot Smoked LED Taillights and Turn Signals
"Roll Your Own" SE Air Cleaner
SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers
SE Race Tuner
Traxxion AK-20 cartridges
Bitubo HD 300mm shocks

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 09:12:21 AM »

Going on 5300 miles and the rear still squeal when applied other than extremely light or very heavy ...

Occasionally, I catch the front squealing but not sure lately...

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 09:42:14 AM »

Bill, it may be worth a try but since you have to remove the pads anyway in order to apply the stuff, why not just replace the pads?  I've recommended Lyndall Z+ to several folks to resolve the issue, and as far as I can tell the folks who made the change have been satisfied.  If anyone has found that to be bad advice I would hope they would chime in here.

Jerry

I agree, with Jerry, if you take the time to remove the pads, not that much for the Z+ pads.

Craig

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 04:43:46 PM »

Rear Brake squeal gone...since having the new tire put on last Tuesday!  Last night, Anne and I were riding home at 1230 from the Kenny Chesney Country Musical Festival at Foxboro.  Was taking a ramp, riding the rear brake a little and just realized I was not hearing squealing...and hadn't earlier in the day either.

Leads me to believe that it is related to some kind of assembly issue.

Haven't washed it since the new tire nor ridden in the rain, will see if that makes a difference.

/Bill

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 04:53:46 PM »

Gentlemen: New owner of 08 Screamn' Eagle brake squeal  :( Needless to say, sure wish I had found this site earlier. I now have just over 2K on the RK and my squeal is back. At around 500 miles, I removed the rear caliber and applied some anti squeal grease. This worked great up untill this weekend where my squeal returned and magnified. Today I removed the caliber again, to find that my grease had...looked like, crystalized and dried up. Looks like I need an anti squeal grease that will endure more heat.

Anyway, the reason for the post... Last Friday, I was at a dealership, (not my dealership) where they informed me that a fix was in the works. From there, I putted over to my dealership where they were vague about the fix. Today, I just got off the phone with Milwaukkee, where they indicated, indeed there was a fix and I should get ahold of my dealership next Thursday 7/31 so as to touch base with them, (and sounds like to me) to schedule my RK. Muddy
Save The Wave...

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 05:52:20 PM »

Is this fix only on 08 RK's or will it apply to 08 SEUC?? :nixweiss:
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 07:25:30 PM »

Gentlemen: New owner of 08 Screamn' Eagle brake squeal  :( Needless to say, sure wish I had found this site earlier. I now have just over 2K on the RK and my squeal is back. At around 500 miles, I removed the rear caliber and applied some anti squeal grease. This worked great up untill this weekend where my squeal returned and magnified. Today I removed the caliber again, to find that my grease had...looked like, crystalized and dried up. Looks like I need an anti squeal grease that will endure more heat.

Anyway, the reason for the post... Last Friday, I was at a dealership, (not my dealership) where they informed me that a fix was in the works. From there, I putted over to my dealership where they were vague about the fix. Today, I just got off the phone with Milwaukkee, where they indicated, indeed there was a fix and I should get ahold of my dealership next Thursday 7/31 so as to touch base with them, (and sounds like to me) to schedule my RK. Muddy

Desertbear54: Sorry, can't help you there. Milwaukee was looking through their puter at me (my Vin#) so I can only report FLHRSE4. For anyone else, I'd certainly give them a call, 414-343-4056. BTW, while I was at my dealership, I informed them that there was a CVO forum. Their reaction was...yea, we had heard about it...end of topic!!! ummmm. Needless to say, group voices have power!

In regards to forums...I also belong to a Corvette forum, as I have a self restored 72 LT-1. I know for a fact...not only dealers, but most after market parts venders pay close attention to these forums to correct any issues with parts ect. Needless to say, these forums are powerful! Muddy
Save The Wave...

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 10:57:53 AM »

Another "fix" in the works?  My dealer gets confused if I bring my bike in for more than one problem at a time!
Here are the "fixes" I need:
1. Squealing brakes
2. Intermittent cruise control
3. Skipping CD player
4. Fuel shell replacement
5. "Product Enhancement Program"
Maybe I can just leave the bike with the dealer and pick it up in the spring.  (I've had it in for the brakes and CD problem previously, and now both problems have gotten worse).
-Good thing I don't have anything better to do than stand in line begging for service.   ???

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 11:58:15 AM »

Another "fix" in the works?  My dealer gets confused if I bring my bike in for more than one problem at a time!
Here are the "fixes" I need:
1. Squealing brakes
2. Intermittent cruise control
3. Skipping CD player
4. Fuel shell replacement
5. "Product Enhancement Program"
Maybe I can just leave the bike with the dealer and pick it up in the spring.  (I've had it in for the brakes and CD problem previously, and now both problems have gotten worse).
-Good thing I don't have anything better to do than stand in line begging for service.   ???

Also, perhaps tires and oil and so on...
Is it a new bike or a used ?
I think you need to change it for new model....

Jacques

********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 03:12:46 PM »

Also, perhaps tires and oil and so on...
Is it a new bike or a used ?
I think you need to change it for new model....

Jacques

It's a used bike now.  It was new when I bought it.  Maintenance has gotten to the point where I'm expecting a letter from the Mo Co to check the tire pressure or something like that.  Ridiculous! :drink:

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 02:47:49 PM »

My favorite fix for the squeal from the MOCO is to swap sides of the front two rotors.  This is true for up to 07 (pre Brembo) that I know of.  Look at the service manuals and check the rotors of other's bikes.  In the last few years MOCO swapped sides.  My friend had the dealer swap them on his 2005.  Changing tires, an uninformed tech might put them on the wrong (right) side, opposite to the stamping on the rotor itself.

Still squealed til I put Lyndall Z+ on this winter.  Now no problem.

Also, you should always follow the recommended cleaning procedure for the calipers before changing the pads and then every year or so.  Once the dust has built up, the pistons can't retract and drag which causes squeal.
i thought that the Brembos had some mechanism to pull the piston/pads back to solve this problem.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 02:54:20 PM »

My favorite fix for the squeal from the MOCO is to swap sides of the front two rotors.  This is true for up to 07 (pre Brembo) that I know of.  Look at the service manuals and check the rotors of other's bikes.  In the last few years MOCO swapped sides.  My friend had the dealer swap them on his 2005.  Changing tires, an uninformed tech might put them on the wrong (right) side, opposite to the stamping on the rotor itself.

Still squealed til I put Lyndall Z+ on this winter.  Now no problem.

Also, you should always follow the recommended cleaning procedure for the calipers before changing the pads and then every year or so.  Once the dust has built up, the pistons can't retract and drag which causes squeal.
i thought that the Brembos had some mechanism to pull the piston/pads back to solve this problem.

I swapped rotors, didn't do anything for me, but I've heard it does work. I guess just not all the time!

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 11:10:08 PM »

I swapped rotors, didn't do anything for me, but I've heard it does work. I guess just not all the time!

I don't seem to have an issue with the front 08 serk... only the rear. I did go to the dealership today (spending more money)lol, and did approach service in regards to my above post. Service indicated that the fix was soon and intailed some gel of some sort????? They couldn't tell me where this gel was to be placed...ummmmmm. OMG Service did tell me...they thought it had something to do with the pads (groves) that run perpendicular to the face of the rotor. That gets me to thinking...this squeal is coming from the pad, rotor contact and not the pad, piston contact or other areas.

Today, I again removed the pads...and filed a 45 degree camber to the edge of groves... I also put a 45 degree camber on the perimeter edge of the pads...as this area is real rough and maybe due to squealing. Test...I think I'm onto something... as it's nearly perfect. Once in a while (2 hr. test) do I get a slight (very slight) squeak! Nothing like before. Tomorrow, I'll again remove the pads and track down that last little bugger. Needless to say, I'll probably have to repeat this 45 degree camber as the pads wear down. Muddy
Save The Wave...

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2008, 11:23:20 AM »

Rear Brake Squeal has returned...about 1000 miles into the new tire...

Rear Brake squeal gone...since having the new tire put on last Tuesday!  Last night, Anne and I were riding home at 1230 from the Kenny Chesney Country Musical Festival at Foxboro.  Was taking a ramp, riding the rear brake a little and just realized I was not hearing squealing...and hadn't earlier in the day either.

Leads me to believe that it is related to some kind of assembly issue.

Haven't washed it since the new tire nor ridden in the rain, will see if that makes a difference.

/Bill

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.278 seconds with 21 queries.