Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: F'ing nail!  (Read 6249 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: F'ing nail!
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2008, 06:35:12 PM »

I am at 7900 miles of a usual 10K...need to replace this sometime soon!

Bill,
Do you have the ESP w/Tire warranty?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2008, 06:36:56 PM »

Yup...but I have no idea how to use it yet.

Bill,
Do you have the ESP w/Tire warranty?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2008, 06:41:23 PM »

Tire was at 48 PSI when we got home...it was hot out there today!

Whoa!  Glad there were no blowouts!

So, since the pressure was still up, it sounds like it did not penetrate the belts, etc.?  May just be cosmetic?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2008, 06:54:34 PM »

Yup...but I have no idea how to use it yet.

Never had to use mine either here is what my ESP contract says...

WE will pay for COSTS to repair or replace the original equipment or like replacement tires and/or wheels of YOUR MOTORCYCLE that fail due to contact with road hazard (pothole or debris on the road surface such as nail, rock, or tree limb). The most WE will pay per claim is three hundred and fifty dolloars ($350.00) and the total of all COSTS WE will pay under this coverage during the CONTRACT TERM is limited to one thousand four hundred dollars ($1400.00).

You do not have to pay the deductable under this coverage. Pickup, rental and travel lodging benefits apply to covered tire and wheel claims.

Exclusions to this coverage include: normal wear, damage due to collision (except road hazards as described above), overloading, dry rot, fire, flood, vandalism, acts of God, abnormal wear, failures of tires or wheels when tires have less than 3/32 of an inch of tread. This coverage is not available for police motorcycles.

This coverage begins on the CONTRACT SALE DATE and expires at the end of the CONTRACT TERM.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2008, 06:54:42 PM »

So, since the pressure was still up, it sounds like it did not penetrate the belts, etc.?  May just be cosmetic?

Yea, just like an eyebrow ring. ;)

:indian_chief:

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2008, 08:15:28 PM »

I wish I had a used one to see the cross-section to get an idea of the depth

Never had to use mine either here is what my ESP contract says...

WE will pay for COSTS to repair or replace the original equipment or like replacement tires and/or wheels of YOUR MOTORCYCLE that fail due to contact with road hazard (pothole or debris on the road surface such as nail, rock, or tree limb). The most WE will pay per claim is three hundred and fifty dolloars ($350.00) and the total of all COSTS WE will pay under this coverage during the CONTRACT TERM is limited to one thousand four hundred dollars ($1400.00).

You do not have to pay the deductable under this coverage. Pickup, rental and travel lodging benefits apply to covered tire and wheel claims.

Exclusions to this coverage include: normal wear, damage due to collision (except road hazards as described above), overloading, dry rot, fire, flood, vandalism, acts of God, abnormal wear, failures of tires or wheels when tires have less than 3/32 of an inch of tread. This coverage is not available for police motorcycles.

This coverage begins on the CONTRACT SALE DATE and expires at the end of the CONTRACT TERM.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Thanks Gary!  I will have to look it up...

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2008, 10:45:28 PM »

If you have the Wheel/Tire Road Hazard Warranty, all you do is take the bike to the dealer.  If there is usable tread life left on the tire, they will replace it for you free of charge.  Already had to use mine on my 07 Jester.  Took a nail in the rear tire.  Didn't cost me a dime.  Best extended coverage to get IMO.  I've had to replace two rear and one front due to screws and nails.  You should be good to go.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2008, 08:40:59 AM »

If you have the Wheel/Tire Road Hazard Warranty, all you do is take the bike to the dealer.  If there is usable tread life left on the tire, they will replace it for you free of charge.  Already had to use mine on my 07 Jester.  Took a nail in the rear tire.  Didn't cost me a dime.  Best extended coverage to get IMO.  I've had to replace two rear and one front due to screws and nails.  You should be good to go.

Sounds like you should stop riding in construction zones. ;)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2008, 04:07:00 PM »

Sounds like you should stop riding in construction zones. ;)

Unfortunately, only one was due to construction that was going on in my neighborhood.  One of the nails in the rear I picked up in downtown DC, the other I just picked up somewhere else...have no clue where.  All I know if it wasn't for the wheel/tire warranty, those would have set me back close to $600 to fix...none of them cost me a dime. ;)  Seems I have magnets in my tires and they pick up all the road debris.

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2008, 10:32:02 AM »

Heading up to Paramount HD at 4 this afternoon for a new sneaker for the rear...wonder if there will be any 09's on the floor?

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2008, 11:51:30 AM »

New tire was installed yesterday afternoon.  I started to ride there and turned around withing two miles...every left hand turn I would hear tick-tick-tick....interesting since the only difference with Saturday was Anne was on the back so the suspension would have been more compressed.   I was also worried that the tire was losing air possibly.

got home, pressure checked ok so I decided to load it in the trailer and take it in that way.

They removed the tire and I took a look underneath to see if there was any damage.  Nothing more that a couple of marks where the nail would hit.  No real scoring or metal damage could be felt.

Took a look at the removed tire and the nail never actually penetrated the air chamber.  Technically, a plug could have worked to fill in the void if the nail could have been removed.

But thanks to d00d reminding me about my ESP tire coverage I got a new tire at 7460 miles!  It just passed the 5/32 test!

/Bill

Sean M Cary

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2008, 04:35:42 PM »

Unfortunately, only one was due to construction that was going on in my neighborhood.  One of the nails in the rear I picked up in downtown DC, the other I just picked up somewhere else...have no clue where.  All I know if it wasn't for the wheel/tire warranty, those would have set me back close to $600 to fix...none of them cost me a dime. ;)  Seems I have magnets in my tires and they pick up all the road debris.

you and my wife both - when we lived up there she was Tire Kingdoms (or whatever they are called there) best friend... 

It is like clockwork - within a week of me deploying, every freaking time she ends up needing to replace the tires on the van, or something takes a complete crap.  No matter what I do to preempt, it is like a deployment requirement to have a major issue.    :wall:

Sean
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 22 queries.