Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: IDS  (Read 8141 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: IDS
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2008, 08:45:14 AM »

Not true. You can see it between the bags and the side cover. ;)

:indian_chief:

At the average bike night, with an average guy walking around, would bet they would not even know what a swing arm is, where it is, or what it does.  Much less know to look for it.

Of course I know that the swing arm is where the tiny magic gnome lives that decides how much the rear of the bike can dance around, based on the amount of beer/alcohol he has drunk during or before the ride. 

;)

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2008, 08:46:08 AM »

Ok Mr.Persnickidy...Ok....

Iski, how bout chrome oil drain plugs?

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2008, 08:47:00 AM »

At the average bike night, with an average guy walking around, would bet they would not even know what a swing arm is, where it is, or what it does.  Much less know to look for it.

Of course I know that the swing arm is where the tiny magic gnome lives that decides how much the rear of the bike can dance around, based on the amount of beer/alcohol he has drunk during or before the ride. 

;)

Nor would they see the IDS pulley, behind the bag and pipe and pointed at the ground.

You'll get more bang for the buck by finding a place to put the chrome girls from trucker's flaps. ;)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2008, 08:49:11 AM »

Better yet, polished SS 12-point oil pan bolts. I think I can see 3 of the 12 without laying on the ground. ;D

Oh, and the two pipe plugs in the front of he oil cooler adapter? Yep, got those in polished ss too.

I'm a sick, sick man. :(

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2008, 08:50:38 AM »

I bet you have a set, plus a spare set already, Mike.   :2vrolijk_21:

Might as well paint the insides of the side covers & the insides of fairings & chrome plate the back of the license plate & paint the letters in on the tires with color matched paint.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2008, 08:52:06 AM »

I bet you have a set, plus a spare set already, Mike.   :2vrolijk_21:

Might as well paint the insides of the side covers & the insides of fairings & chrome plate the back of the license plate & paint the letters in on the tires with color matched paint.

Thanks Mike. Now I've got something to keep me busy this weekend. :2vrolijk_21:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2008, 08:52:31 AM »

Nor would they see the IDS pulley, behind the bag and pipe and pointed at the ground.

You'll get more bang for the buck by finding a place to put the chrome girls from trucker's flaps. ;)

You would get more comments on a $2.97 piece of chrome like that, or a set of bull nutz hanging off the rear fender, than $?k spent on chrome/powder coat.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2008, 08:55:01 AM »

I am going to leave this thread for a while, maybe forever, since I suffer from the same exact affliction as Chuck & Mike....

There's no place without chrome, there's no place without chrome, there's no place without chrome.........

;D

Mike

Sean M Cary

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2008, 11:11:17 AM »

You would get more comments on a $2.97 piece of chrome like that, or a set of bull nutz hanging off the rear fender, than $?k spent on chrome/powder coat.

OK - I have Bull Nuts on my 6 years olds bike...  He doesn't get it, but I laugh myself silly every time I see them.

I'm a sick dad.

Sean

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2008, 12:26:25 PM »

OK - I have Bull Nuts on my 6 years olds bike...  He doesn't get it, but I laugh myself silly every time I see them.

I'm a sick dad.

Sean

Kids are pretty far advanced. He's probably thinking.... my old man isn't that swift to know that he put bull nuts on my bike. THE MUFFMAN

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2008, 12:41:26 PM »

My cousin in Australia, where it started years ago, said that the women started hangin the nutz on their trucks to symbolize that the old man has had a vasectomy...

Every time I see a redneck limo with them I chuckle...

We used to cut them off of hogs then let them go to fatten up a year more before they got whacked.
I never thought of keepin them and hangin them off my bumper...

Sean M Cary

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2008, 12:56:27 PM »

My cousin in Australia, where it started years ago, said that the women started hangin the nutz on their trucks to symbolize that the old man has had a vasectomy...

Every time I see a redneck limo with them I chuckle...

We used to cut them off of hogs then let them go to fatten up a year more before they got whacked.
I never thought of keepin them and hangin them off my bumper...

good thing - they are Bull nuts not Pig nuts...  Hell, who would be proud to display their redneckness with pig nuts???

Sheesh.

Sean

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2008, 01:03:28 PM »

Never thought of deep fryin em either....I ette some them rocky mountain oysters on a fishin trip ot west...I think they come from bison...Not bad...a little "nutty".... :D  :D  :D....Chrise, I kill me....

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2008, 01:07:19 PM »

I think you're all nuts.  ;D THE MUFFMAN

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2008, 02:04:17 PM »

That works as well.I installed my brother in laws at the same time and he had his powder coated before installation. His is hidden because of the tru duels. Just hated the look of it the way it was. THE MUFFMAN

What's cheaper, a ghost pipe or IDS chroming?  :nixweiss:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.