Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stock Shock Adjustment- FXDSE2  (Read 1905 times)

atlasfields

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE2- In red of course!
Stock Shock Adjustment- FXDSE2
« on: July 30, 2008, 04:34:23 PM »

Okay, I tried to search for the answer, but couldn't find anything, so bare with me.

On a 08 Dyna with the adjustable rear shocks, there are no marks I can find to indicate which direction to turn them in to make them either stiffer or lighter.

I also looked in the feeble Owners Manual, but nada, zip, zero.

So guy's...whatcha' think?  Oh, any suggestions on a shock setting for a rider 'round 235?  The road in this part of PA aren't the smoothest, so I'm hoping not to get bounced out of the saddle.   :huepfenlol2:
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely, in a pretty and well perserved body.
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming; "Wow... That was one hell of a ride!" ~ Unknown

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Stock Shock Adjustment- FXDSE2
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 08:28:24 PM »

Okay, I tried to search for the answer, but couldn't find anything, so bare with me.

On a 08 Dyna with the adjustable rear shocks, there are no marks I can find to indicate which direction to turn them in to make them either stiffer or lighter.

I also looked in the feeble Owners Manual, but nada, zip, zero.

So guy's...whatcha' think?  Oh, any suggestions on a shock setting for a rider 'round 235?  The road in this part of PA aren't the smoothest, so I'm hoping not to get bounced out of the saddle.   :huepfenlol2:

Try this thread:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=15138.0

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

atlasfields

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE2- In red of course!
Re: Stock Shock Adjustment- FXDSE2
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 09:15:43 AM »

Thanks for the link!   :2vrolijk_21:
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely, in a pretty and well perserved body.
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming; "Wow... That was one hell of a ride!" ~ Unknown

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.