Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: new MC show  (Read 7408 times)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: new MC show
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 12:18:30 AM »

Watched it last night, Thought it was OK. Nothing really to make a big fuss about. We'll see where it goes in the next few episodes.......

..Hawk

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 12:24:25 AM »

CRTC stikes again in Canada... this is what I get from the link:

THE VIDEO YOU ARE TRYING TO WATCH CANNOT BE VIEWED FROM YOUR CURRENT COUNTRY OR LOCATION.

I get the same message when I try to watch Live Hockey from the CBC network.  :(

Hawk
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 12:27:12 AM by ..Hawk »

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 05:38:50 PM »

I liked the kid in the opening part of the show...riding along at dusk with a cigarette butt in his mouthand his hair barely blow in the brezze...If that was me , my my hais would be straight back and that cigarette but would have been glowing cherry red, with coals burning my face :orange:
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 01:44:04 PM »

Not to bad of a show, as long as you watch it as "entertainment".

Like the Shield, only on bikes. And Peg looks better then ever. Except maybe for that scar, I suppose as the show progresses will find out something.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 03:18:15 PM »

Like the Shield, only on bikes. And Peg looks better then ever. Except maybe for that scar, I suppose as the show progresses will find out something.

I agree, watch it for the entertainment. :2vrolijk_21: It sure beats Caruso on CSI.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 03:58:48 PM »

I did not know that is how to remove tattoos.

by fire or knife?  seems that it is hard to believe they would watch and remove gang colors (tattoo)  instead of just

killing him.....but it is TV.

I like the part where they go to a rival gangs warehouse and steal back their guns, only to draw extra attention

shooting up a sign (like that would really happen)  only in Hollywood.
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 04:08:24 PM »

I've confused myself again. I disdain what these guys do but am enjoying watching. Must be the bikes and guns. Or maybe it's that there is a small dose of "bikers code" thrown in. Beats the hell out of what has come to pass for entertainment on T. V. and sure is better than watching the election and financial stuff. Anyway, so far I've liked all 4 episodes. Don't know how they're gonna top torching off a tat but guess I'll find out next Wed.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2008, 07:31:02 PM »

It has to be viewed purely as entertainment.......too much Hollywood to be viewed to seriously.  I was an extra in a movie a few years back.....they sent me and some road dogs to the wardrobe trailer (I guess they didn't think we knew how to dress like bikers) but the wardrobe director just waved us on through.  Then they're telling us how to act like bikers in a biker bar.......sure wasn't anything like I've experienced in my riding career.  But we all got a laugh during the breaks.

I mentioned the scar to Terrie the other night.  She said "that's not a scar......that's cleavage!". LOL  She's still lookin good, though...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 07:34:33 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2008, 07:38:09 PM »

Agreed it is mostly "Hollywood" and should be viewed as entertainment. However I would think a (very) small percentage of it might be based on (someone’s) real life experiences. For those that are interested their is a webpage for the show - Sons of Anarchy that will give you some background on their (fictional) lifestyle.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2008, 07:52:23 PM »

Agreed it is mostly "Hollywood" and should be viewed as entertainment. However I would think a (very) small percentage of it might be based on (someone’s) real life experiences. For those that are interested their is a webpage for the show - Sons of Anarchy that will give you some background on their (fictional) lifestyle.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I doubt it.  At least not in San Joaquin County.  I was born and raised in that county and the town of Charming is fictitious......along with the distance from San Jose and San Francisco (as stated on the web site).  And.....it's no secret that the Hell's Angels Nomads is the dominating M/C club in that county. 
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2008, 07:58:34 PM »

I doubt it.  At least not in San Joaquin County.  I was born and raised in that county and the town of Charming is fictitious......along with the distance from San Jose and San Francisco (as stated on the web site).  And.....it's no secret that the Hell's Angels Nomads is the dominating M/C club in that county. 
Not saying that the club or city are reality more so some of the things they do could be somewhat related to reality. :nixweiss: For instance the last episode where the removed club member had his tattoo burned off his back I think something like that could/would happen probably to a different (higher) degree though.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2008, 08:24:53 PM »

names and places are no doubt fictional, but i think if you take the hollywood layer off the under lying story is believable for a 1% club in a small town
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

hossdog

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2008, 10:20:32 PM »

Watched every episode so far, but I'll watch anything with Harleys in it. Thought it kind of strange all these gang guys and most of their bikes have fairings.  :confused5:
Jesus loves bikers too !

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2008, 10:55:29 AM »

Not saying that the club or city are reality more so some of the things they do could be somewhat related to reality. :nixweiss: For instance the last episode where the removed club member had his tattoo burned off his back I think something like that could/would happen probably to a different (higher) degree though.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Oh yes, you're right about that.  I know of a situation where a guy had a tattoo burned off with a clothing iron.  I imagine that kind of thing doesn't leave a pretty scar, either.  Yea, some of it could be real.......probably more so than any other motorcycle show......just sayin a lot of Hollywood layered over the real stuff. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2008, 11:37:21 AM »

Watched every episode so far, but I'll watch anything with Harleys in it. Thought it kind of strange all these gang guys and most of their bikes have fairings.  :confused5:

...like I said earlier, it should be called grandpas of anarchy ;D  Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 21 queries.