Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Air shock gauges  (Read 2494 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Air shock gauges
« on: August 15, 2008, 01:39:21 AM »

I am putting my Arnott air ride on and would like some ideas (pictures) of what you may have done for pressure readings.

Also, I have the better shocks with the adjustment - no instructions were included- any ideas to the adjustment?

Did your Arnott air ride come with the washers to space the top out from the docking hardware?

Do your shocks have two different adjust ranges? one of mine turns 5 clicks and one turns 10 clicks.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

mrigeo

Re: Air shock gauges
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 05:20:52 PM »

I got the standard Bilstein setup: no adjustment on the shocks. Regarding PSI; I have found that 75 psi is about right for my SERG with an empty tourpak. Hard to say if that will mean anything to your setup, given you have the upgraded shocks on the E-Glide. When I spoke with Frank at Arnott, he said the best method for determining the proper psi is to over-inflate (75-100 psi) and then slowly release pressure while riding to find the "sweet spot". I did find it easier using this method to get comfortable.

You should give Frank a call about the adjustment issues. He is easy to reach and VERY helpful.  :2vrolijk_21:

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 12:48:30 PM »

Duane,

Here is a pic of the gauge I am going to use.  Picked it up at a local trike shop... same gauge they use when adding a trike kit to a bike.  I know..... the gauge doesn't match the other gauges.  Black or white was the best I could do.  If anyone finds a matching gauge, I'll be in line to get one.

One minor problem with the gauge:  The gauge came with a 3mm (or 1/8"-not sure) hose connection.  The Arnott system uses 4mm hose.  I couldn't find a 4mm fitting for the back of the gauge, so I called Arnott.  I also needed an additional T to make the connection for the gauge (apparently the compressor for an 08 SEUC is a little different due to the ABS).  They sent me a fitting for the back of the gauge, 6' of 1/4 inch hose, an additional T and the fittings needed to make the connections down at the compressor.  And to my surprise, all at no charge for parts or shipping.  The folks at Arnott are great to work with :2vrolijk_21:

Can't give any advise on the shock adjustment yet.  I put the gauge in the fairing a week or so back when I did the handlebar change.  Will hopefully finish the shock install next weekend.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 11:14:31 PM »

The fairing gauge won' work for me, I already replaced the useless air temp with an oil temp gauge.

MV 2013

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 11:19:20 PM »

The fairing gauge won' work for me, I already replaced the useless air temp with an oil temp gauge.

If you want a gauge, you will probably have to go with the rockerbox mount gauge..... I think Arnott has one?... and others have fabricated similar mounts.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 11:33:37 PM »

The gauge on Arnott's site looks like an old freon can conversion gauge

MV 2013

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 11:42:18 PM »

The gauge on Arnott's site looks like an old freon can conversion gauge

Yeah you're right, it doesn't look like much.  I think someone here fabricated one with a nicer gauge and an aluminum bracket.... pretty sure it was here anyway?

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.