Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: another moco letter to cvo owners - DID YOU GET IT !?  (Read 4733 times)

alejandro

• Junior CVO Member
  • Freedom isn't free, but God's love is!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
another moco letter to cvo owners - DID YOU GET IT !?
« on: September 18, 2008, 08:33:58 AM »

DID ALL OF YOU GET THIS YESTERDAY? (9/17/08)

i got my free book in the mail with a letter of apology from the moco...nice gesture...i just wish my bike wasn't in the shop so much...i'd trade that book for that!

:-\
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:48:54 AM by alejandro »
Freedom isn't free, but God's love is!

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: another moco letter to cvo owners - DID YOU GET IT !?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 10:09:23 AM »

Got it, would have rather been reimbursed for my time and trouble of getting their poorly engineered engine fixed.

Gregg

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 10:13:14 AM »

To keep it in perspective......

I spoke with my 48 year old neighbor Tuesday who had a hip replacement in Jan 08.  He received a letter from the manufacturer of the hip that it's being recalled.  He has to have the hip surgically removed and replaced.  It takes several months to recover from something like this let alone the pain and suffering besides.  What we are going through with the bikes is inconvenient at most.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 10:25:21 AM »

I spoke with my 48 year old neighbor Tuesday who had a hip replacement in Jan 08.  He received a letter from the manufacturer of the hip that it's being recalled.  He has to have the hip surgically removed and replaced.  It takes several months to recover from something like this let alone the pain and suffering besides.  What we are going through with the bikes is inconvenient at most.
:vrolijk27: :vrolijk27: :vrolijk27:

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 01:26:29 AM »

Good lord I HOPE to God thats a joke.... NO ONE should have to go through that!

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

alejandro

• Junior CVO Member
  • Freedom isn't free, but God's love is!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 04:10:44 PM »

i wouldn't wish either thing on my worst enemy.

BOTH ARE PAINFUL!
Freedom isn't free, but God's love is!

grecko

• CVO1: 2002 FXDWG3 Navy Blue
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 08:33:02 PM »

I got the book and the letter too.  But...  mine was built in June of 08 according to the sticker on the frame neck.  I'm not sure what's going on.  A misfire of the mailing?  I didn't think this affected bikes built after May.  Mine does sound like it has nails in the cylinder but runs good - and cooler after a sert application.  Before that it actually melted some hot toppers on the cylinder base bolts.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

grecko

• CVO1: 2002 FXDWG3 Navy Blue
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 06:25:23 PM »

Here's a copy of the letter for those who did not receive it.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 08:26:39 PM »

NO!!! ;D

FTF!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 05:02:41 AM »

NO!!! ;D

FTF!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

They must have pushed you into the European no letter at all group. Ha ha ha ...   :D :D :D :D

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

ox666

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE4
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 07:50:47 AM »

Louis,

I know you guys didn't get a "product enhancement" letter, but did you get the book over there?

bilbo

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 09:29:22 AM »

Hi All,

New here, but not new to forums (I actually run my own set of Consumer advocacy forums).

I'm not a motorcycle kind of guy, but my best friend is.
He owns a 2008 Screaming Eagle Road King.

He is internet/computer challenged and since he knows I run some forums and know how to do a search, he has asked me to try and investigate some things for him.

He too has just received his second letter, with the book.

I have informed him that the companies database will continue to automatically send letters until the recall field is cleared in their database.

He is concerned about whether or not, or when to have the repairs ("upgrade") to the engine performed.
He also is getting seemingly conflicting signals in that the letters are urging him to get it done, but when he goes to his dealer to inquire, they seem to put the fear of god in him and strongly suggest he wait since he has 2 years to get it done and they have to order a gasket kit for it.

I also happen to be very mechanically inclined and fully understand the requirements of replacing a head gasket in an engine and everything else that also has to be done in the process.

My initial inclination is to advise "If it ain't broke, don't fix it until you absolutely have to".  Besides, if they really did send the book as a freebie for not having yet performed the "upgrade", maybe they'll keep sending more freebies until the "upgrade" is finally performed.

I noticed in the actual letter (thanks for posting it), they say it is not a safety issue.

So, if you don't mind, I'd like to get all of your thoughts on these questions:
1. What is the method of failure, what actually happens (e.g. will it blow hot oil on his leg(s), will it damage other parts, etc)?

2. Is it better to replace the gasket (and all the other gaskets required), now, while the engine is young, or later so as to get the most mileage out of the existing gaskets before replacement?

3. Any thoughts on why he is getting conflicting signals from his dealer (he lives in Waco, so should he bring it to a Dallas Dealer)?

4. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 09:32:36 AM by bilbo »

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 12:25:08 PM »

Louis,

I know you guys didn't get a "product enhancement" letter, but did you get the book over there?

So far no book. We stand unified in solidarity to Hoist!

1914 10E, Grey
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 12:30:38 PM »

Hi All,

New here, but not new to forums (I actually run my own set of Consumer advocacy forums).

He is internet/computer challenged and since he knows I run some forums and know how to do a search, he has asked me to try and investigate some things for him.

He too has just received his second letter, with the book.

I have informed him that the companies database will continue to automatically send letters until the recall field is cleared in their database.

He is concerned about whether or not, or when to have the repairs ("upgrade") to the engine performed.
He also is getting seemingly conflicting signals in that the letters are urging him to get it done, but when he goes to his dealer to inquire, they seem to put the fear of god in him and strongly suggest he wait since he has 2 years to get it done and they have to order a gasket kit for it.

I also happen to be very mechanically inclined and fully understand the requirements of replacing a head gasket in an engine and everything else that also has to be done in the process.

My initial inclination is to advise "If it ain't broke, don't fix it until you absolutely have to".  Besides, if they really did send the book as a freebie for not having yet performed the "upgrade", maybe they'll keep sending more freebies until the "upgrade" is finally performed.

I noticed in the actual letter (thanks for posting it), they say it is not a safety issue.

So, if you don't mind, I'd like to get all of your thoughts on these questions:
1. What is the method of failure, what actually happens (e.g. will it blow hot oil on his leg(s), will it damage other parts, etc)?

2. Is it better to replace the gasket (and all the other gaskets required), now, while the engine is young, or later so as to get the most mileage out of the existing gaskets before replacement?

3. Any thoughts on why he is getting conflicting signals from his dealer (he lives in Waco, so should he bring it to a Dallas Dealer)?

4. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Did your friend experience any malfunction with his bike? That is the main question, isn't it? As you say rightfully, no need to fix it, if it is not broken. And H-D gives you two years time ... In any case, if there is no urgency I'd suggest to wait. A later upgrade may be even covering problems we don't know yet (ahem). As H-D says, it is "not a safety issue" and that seems to be true, when you read the posts in this great site. The dealer may (or may not) have his own agenda. You probably need to clarify this face to face with the service manager or a senior person. And you can always call H-D directly.

Hope this helps!

Louis

1914 10E, Grey
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 12:43:46 PM »

Hi All,

Thanks in advance!

Most of us are getting ready to meet up at a "gathering" so the responses may be slow coing in on this subject. A lot of good info will be found in this link: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=25247.0
However, it sounds like your friend's dealer is blowing smoke to stall him. The reason may be that the dealer is too busy this time of the year or is hoping your friend will take it to another dealer (as you have already mentioned). Have him get down on his knees with a flash light and look at the gasket of the rear cylinder. Look right by the rear exhaust. If there is oil (it may be burnt oil at this point) he has a problem.

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 03:02:27 PM »

Got the first letter, not the second or a book yet.
Maybe in a year or two a new engine might show up on the doorstep...Hmmmm :-\ :nervous:

fxdsebeloved

• Full CVO Member
  • Four Wheels Move The Body Two Wheels Move The Soul

• CVO1: (Beloved) 2007 FXDSE Silver Rush/Midnight Black
    • alcohaulinasss
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 03:19:01 PM »

The Company: Zimmer Holdings Inc.

Many different companies began to release different versions of replacement hip joints that are implanted into patients, and one of the true leaders within this product line was Zimmer Holdings. Zimmer formulated a surgically implanted hip replacement joint known as the Durom Cup hip replacement component.

The Durom Cup was originally released into the marketplace in Europe in 2003, and it began to sell well with patients there. Ultimately, the Durom Cup was approved for sale and distribution in the United States by the FDA in 2006. As was the case with its efforts in Europe, the product sold well, with an estimated 13,000 units sold in the United States within the first year. Unfortunately, it wasn’t long before problems began to surface in relation to the Durom Cup hip replacement component.

The Problems with the Hip Replacement:
In 2007, informal issues began to arise with the Durom Cup. They were ‘informal’ in nature because of the lack of a central database to track the issues that arise with this sort of product, but one of the most highly-respected and renowned doctors within this field ultimately decided that he needed to speak out in regards to this product, and this occurrence led to the ultimate result.

The doctor in question is Dr. Lawrence Dorr, and his surgical practice is located in Los Angeles. Dr. Dorr performed several hip replacement procedures using the Durom Cup, and for a brief time he thought that the results were satisfactory. However, it soon became apparent to Dr. Dorr that there was in fact a problem.

Several of Dr. Dorr’s patients continued to experience excruciating pain in the hip joint area, and this pain persisted well beyond the normal timeframe for such an issue. In addition to the pain, the patients also were not progressing physically in a manner that was consistent with other hip replacement products.

Finally, Dr. Dorr spoke out against the Durom Cup. Initially, Zimmer denied any problems, but in July of 2008, the company announced a recall of the product in the United States without giving a specific reason.

I'll take the leak anyday!!!!!!! 
Member # 1786
If you live in the past
You will have no future

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 03:31:44 PM »

NO, today either!!! FTF!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 04:24:18 PM »

Many different companies began to release different versions of replacement hip joints that are implanted into patients, and one of the true leaders within this product line was Zimmer Holdings. Zimmer formulated a surgically implanted hip replacement joint known as the Durom Cup hip replacement component.

The Durom Cup was originally released into the marketplace in Europe in 2003, and it began to sell well with patients there. Ultimately, the Durom Cup was approved for sale and distribution in the United States by the FDA in 2006. As was the case with its efforts in Europe, the product sold well, with an estimated 13,000 units sold in the United States within the first year. Unfortunately, it wasn’t long before problems began to surface in relation to the Durom Cup hip replacement component.

In 2007, informal issues began to arise with the Durom Cup. They were ‘informal’ in nature because of the lack of a central database to track the issues that arise with this sort of product, but one of the most highly-respected and renowned doctors within this field ultimately decided that he needed to speak out in regards to this product, and this occurrence led to the ultimate result.

The doctor in question is Dr. Lawrence Dorr, and his surgical practice is located in Los Angeles. Dr. Dorr performed several hip replacement procedures using the Durom Cup, and for a brief time he thought that the results were satisfactory. However, it soon became apparent to Dr. Dorr that there was in fact a problem.

Several of Dr. Dorr’s patients continued to experience excruciating pain in the hip joint area, and this pain persisted well beyond the normal timeframe for such an issue. In addition to the pain, the patients also were not progressing physically in a manner that was consistent with other hip replacement products.

Finally, Dr. Dorr spoke out against the Durom Cup. Initially, Zimmer denied any problems, but in July of 2008, the company announced a recall of the product in the United States without giving a specific reason.

Very interesting. I guess since I haven't had or having any problems after 18 months after my hip replacement maybe (hopefully) I don't have that particular brand replacement. :nixweiss:

* Fired00d is keeping his fingers crossed he doesn't. :nervous:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ox666

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE4
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 11:55:46 PM »

So far no book. We stand unified in solidarity to Hoist!

Same down here.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 07:44:28 AM by ox666 »

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2008, 04:20:08 AM »

Thanks grecko for attaching the letter

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2008, 06:14:36 AM »

Received my 2nd letter and book sometime last week
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

anglia48

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2008, 10:44:34 AM »

Got my book yesterday. Looked through it. I suppose it's the thought that counts? Not sure. Maybe they should have spent the money on getting the motors built right instead.  :nixweiss:

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2008, 01:40:02 PM »

Arrived in today's mail. Have to admit I was only going to superficially glance at the archive, but ended up thumbing through and pretty much reading the whole thing. 

leoniru

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2008, 05:03:46 PM »

So.... is the book any good?
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 06:51:50 AM »

Still No!!! And...

FTF!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2008, 07:05:29 AM »

came home to the letter and book...
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2008, 10:31:31 AM »

HeHe!!! I actually just got a call back from the Mother Ship just now. He apologized to me for taking so long, but CS never heard about this til I called. He said they got a few calls after from others too. They're very aware of this great site, and the CVO guys there are on regularly. Of course they all know who I am. I told them not to take my criticism personally and to use it to improve things instead. I also told him that if I wasn't so passionate about HD or didn't care, I wouldn't even waste my time talking about these issues. He replied that they've got big shoulders there and do use this forum to trey to make improvements to their products. I take that with a grain of salt of course.

Then we discussed how I couldn't wait for competent dealer engine builders and 'The Fix" so I took care of it myself. He explained that unless a dealer has a Race program there's little chance that they have good engine builders there. Everything today is made to simply bolt onto the bike. But engine building is not a dealer forte anymore as a rule. It's consistent with what we've been seeing and it was refreshing to actually hear that from someone from the Mother Ship. :huepfenjump3:

It was a fun and pleasant conversation. I told him to tell everyone not to take my FTF, FTD, and FTW personally, just my way of saying I'll deal with this myself and show my passion. He said they don't mind me spending my own money on it. Saves them the expense anyway! ::)

He gave me a number to call in Milwaukee. It's 414-228-4387. Ask for Sherry. She will make sure by VIN, that everyone who's entitled to the book gets one. :2vrolijk_21:

So ya see, I'm not on their most 10 wanted list as Chip had eluded too. They've got big shoulders there and Lil Ole Hoist ain't much of a threat to them after all! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2008, 10:37:46 AM »

That's exactly what he is going through.  He's returned several times complaining about pain and lack of mobility.  The Dr. seemed to think he would make eventual progress.  The replacement is scheduled for mid Nov.  He's expecting some sort of settlement for pain and suffering and loss of productivity but I wouldn't want to go through something like this again.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2008, 10:47:27 AM »

So ya see, I'm not on their most 10 wanted list as Chip had eluded too. They've got big shoulders there and Lil Ole Hoist ain't much of a threat to them after all! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoisty

Don't be putting words (type) in my mouth when it's not correct.
Never said you were on any top ten list, that was you.
All I said was there is a lot of people in the business that knew of your bashing the dealers and the motor company and that your reputation as a basher had preceded you.
Glad you got a call, and to me that just shows that eventually they will do the right thing.
BTW, did you figure out the noise issue with Cybil?
She seemed to be running to good to have a serious issue!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 10:53:53 AM »

Hoisty

Don't be putting words (type) in my mouth when it's not correct.
Never said you were on any top ten list, that was you.
All I said was there is a lot of people in the business that knew of your bashing the dealers and the motor company and that your reputation as a basher had preceded you.
Glad you got a call, and to me that just shows that eventually they will do the right thing.
BTW, did you figure out the noise issue with Cybil?
She seemed to be running to good to have a serious issue!

Just trying to keep it light and explain that one lil ole passionate basher doesn't get them all rattled like you tried to tell me. At least that's what the guy said to me. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who I am. And they surely enjoy continuing to take my money if I choose to spend it with HD. And I still spend plenty. I've paid for the right to be critical. And if it improves anything at all as a result, it's the right thing to do! :2vrolijk_21:

The noise is getting a little worse now and think a lifter's going. Bringing it to Vern to troubleshoot and fix this week. Hope she doesn't need major surgery though is all! ;)

Hoist! 8)

bilbo

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 10:58:40 AM »

He explained that unless a dealer has a Race program there's little chance that they have good engine builders there.

So, is he saying that anybody who needs/wants to have this work performed, should find a dealer that has a racing program so as to be assured the engine builder is most competent?

If so, how does one go about finding a dealer with a racing program?

And will all dealers cover this repair, or does it have to be performed by the dealer that actually sold the bike?

Thanks

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2008, 11:01:39 AM »

I've paid for the right to be critical. And if it improves anything at all as a result, it's the right thing to do! :2vrolijk_21:

The noise is getting a little worse now and think a lifter's going. Bringing it to Vern to troubleshoot and fix this week. Hope she doesn't need major surgery though is all! ;)

Hoist! 8)

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Good luck on Cybil!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2008, 11:02:15 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Good luck on Cybil!

:2vrolijk_21:

Thank you! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 06:30:26 PM »

I finally spoke to these bananas morons up there! You know why it's always FTF? Well these bozos looked up my VIN and said I'm not on the list! I asked what the production/delivery dates were to qualify. My delivery date was 1/07, right in the middle of those that qualify! But in their typical MoCo infinite wisdom, they said I wasn't on the list. I said I got a RECALL Product Imrovement Letter from them. They asked if I'd mind faxing it and I'll get the book!!! F them dumbasses!!! FTF!!! FTF!!! FTF!!! >:(

BTW, FTF!!! FTD!!! and FTW!!! Oh yeah, FTB!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 10:09:38 PM by Hoist! »

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 07:59:03 PM »

I finally spoke to these bananas up there! You know why it's always FTF? Well these bozos looked up my VIN and said I'm not on the list! I asked what the production/delivery dates were to qualify. My delivery date was 1/07, right in the middle of those that qualify! But in their typical MoCo infinite wisdom, they said I wasn't on the list. I said I got a RECALL Product Imrovement Letter from them. They asked if I'd mind faxing it and I'll get the book!!! F them dumbasses!!! FTF!!! FTF!!! FTF!!! >:(

BTW, FTF!!! FTD!!! and FTW!!! Oh yeah, FTB!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hey, that's a complementary term! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2008, 10:09:20 PM »

Hey, that's a complementary term! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: ;D

Sorry Mark, you're absolutely right! I've corrected that now!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2008, 10:21:43 PM »

;) :2vrolijk_21:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2008, 10:36:40 PM »

Well I got my letter and my book. And I got my new head gasket leak too. Anyway after tear down some issues found with my modified heads. And they were full of oil. So four hours to clean up and reassemble which I will pay for. Pistons were carboned up pretty good but the cylinders were in good shape with no slipage. Seems head gasket leak was caused by head issues. Will know more details after the heads have been gone over. Hope some of the noises are gone after the fix, We will see. Oh yea moco authorized new rings so no fight bout that.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2008, 11:52:41 AM »

Well I got my letter and my book. And I got my new head gasket leak too. Anyway after tear down some issues found with my modified heads. And they were full of oil. So four hours to clean up and reassemble which I will pay for. Pistons were carboned up pretty good but the cylinders were in good shape with no slipage. Seems head gasket leak was caused by head issues. Will know more details after the heads have been gone over. Hope some of the noises are gone after the fix, We will see. Oh yea moco authorized new rings so no fight bout that.

Sorry to hear about the problems.
No book here either though. I've been patiently waiting (using the word patiently is an oxymoron with anything I say).
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.341 seconds with 21 queries.