Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: Where'd All The Posts Go?  (Read 6353 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Where'd All The Posts Go?
« on: January 15, 2009, 09:48:06 AM »

Since we're babbling about posts, I'm wondering why nobody's post count, when you look at their past posts in their profile, matches the number of posts shown in their Avatar? Where did all them posts go? It appears that the longer you've been a member, the more percentage of posts you have missing! Did a great Ice Age invade this site at some point long ago in this far away land? Where'd the posts go? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Where'd All The Posts Go?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 10:22:41 AM »

Huh? :confused5:  I just looked at your profile and 19,365 is in both places. :nixweiss:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 10:30:28 AM »

Huh? :confused5:  I just looked at your profile and 19,365 is in both places. :nixweiss:

What'cha talkin about Willis? :nixweiss:

19359   Marketplace / Selling / '07 FLHRSE3 on way! Selling "03 FLHR ANNIV  on: October 25, 2006, 12:05:23 PM 
Hi gang! I'm waitng on the arrival of my new Black Ice FLHRSE3 in January. Didn't get a bad deal (MSRP), but the dealer's trade-in offer was ridiculous. I have an '03 Black Anniversary FLHR carb model with 8500 miles. I'd like to sell it before the the new one arrives to keep the peace. I'm asking $13,900.00 but will listen to "reasonable" offers. I've had 4 FLHR's since '95. I was planning on keeping this one as it's a real "Wednesday" bike until I saw the FLHRSE3's. Couldn't resist! I'm not sure if I attaced the pictures properly, so if they didn't show up, I'll e-mail them directly. MY e-mail is singer.howie@gmail.com I found this site while searching anything related to HD FLHRSE3 and I'm glad I did. Seems like a great place for CVO/HD info/people! I hope to meet/communicate/ride with other members in the future. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Very first post according to the profile past posts! :confused5:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 10:35:05 AM by Hoist! »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 10:32:56 AM »

Here's yours! :confused5:

8017   CVO / Announcements / Comments / Re: Member demographics ????  on: March 06, 2004, 11:38:14 AM 
Hi, guys.  Just stumbled across this site a few days ago by seeing a link in a post from another site.  I can't believe it took me this long to find the CVO dudes.  Winter may not have seemed so long if I'd have been able to hang out here.

A little background . . . .  I'm 37, happily married, have a 4 year-old daughter and have been riding for bikes since I was about 14.  My streetbikes were all ricers until I bought a 2002 Electra Glide Classic in October of 2001.  I absolutely fell in love with that bike and when I first saw the pictures of the SEEG in Harley's Enthusiast publication, I knew I had to have one!

I established a great relationship with my dealer through buying and two years of ownership with the '02 and actually got my name on the first of three black/blue SEEG's they were getting.  The bike came in on October 7 last year and one look was all it took to seal the deal.  I've got 780 miles on her so far and will be heading out after leaving this message to get more.

I'm really enjoying the site so far and look forward to learning more from you guys and sharing a few of my experiences, too.  It's fun for me to see all the excitement the new SEEG's have with the folks here.  For you guys that are getting them soon, or just recently have (JCZ), if you think you're excited now, it only gets better with every mile you put on the clock.  These are an unbelievable piece of machinery.  Hard to imagine how Willie G. will out-do this one down the road. [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]

Later,
Brian

103tHunDer
10K CVO Member

None seem to match! :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 10:34:39 AM by Hoist! »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »

Alright, I see what you're talking about now.  Not sure that I care :P , but I see what you're talking about.  I'm sure there had to be 2,000+ useless posts somewhere in my almost 5 years on this site! :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 10:56:37 AM »

Alright, I see what you're talking about now.  Not sure that I care :P , but I see what you're talking about.  I'm sure there had to be 2,000+ useless posts somewhere in my almost 5 years on this site! :huepfenlol2:

Care? Who said anything about caring? Just curious when I noticed it is all! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 11:15:42 AM »

Since we're babbling about posts, I'm wondering why nobody's post count, when you look at their past posts in their profile, matches the number of posts shown in their Avatar? Where did all them posts go? It appears that the longer you've been a member, the more percentage of posts you have missing! Did a great Ice Age invade this site at some point long ago in this far away land? Where'd the posts go? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
I think the posts are re-numbered  automatically with the view on the past posts. That creates new numbers, which do not match. Makes any sense??

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 11:18:08 AM »

I think the posts are re-numbered  automatically with the view on the past posts. That creates new numbers, which do not match. Makes any sense??

Ride safely,
Louis

But if your Avatar says you have xxx amount of posts, you should see that many posts on the list when you click on "Show the last posts of this person." in anyone's Profile. The post count should match the posts shown there, no? :confused5: :nixweiss: :) ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 11:19:45 AM by Hoist! »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 11:18:30 AM »

Is this another??   ??? ;D

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 11:19:08 AM »

But if your Avatar says you have xxx amount of posts, you should see that many posts on the list when you click on "Show the last posts of this person." The post count should match the posts shown, no? :confused5: :nixweiss: :) ;)

Hoist! 8)
Too many pages for the function? Only the powers of the site can explain that ...
Could be a software glitch ...

1914 10E, Grey
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 11:23:26 AM »

Probably has something to do with the quality of the posts, with lower quality posts not counted at full value. :nixweiss:

What difference does the number of posts make?  I didn't know it was a contest; what does the winner get (other than carpal tunnel syndrome)?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 11:24:14 AM »

Is this another??   ??? ;D

Exactly!  Prolly already doesn't show up in my profile! :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 11:25:21 AM »

And another ^^^   :huepfenlol2: :drink:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 11:48:00 AM »

Probably has something to do with the quality of the posts, with lower quality posts not counted at full value. :nixweiss:

What difference does the number of posts make?  I didn't know it was a contest; what does the winner get (other than carpal tunnel syndrome)?

Jerry

HeHe!!! Well mine match too closely then! ::) ;D ;D ;D

Don't know why all these forums keep track of this. Wouldn't change my style in the least! Prolly would be talking less about this subject though! ;)

Hoist! 8)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 01:07:26 PM »

And one more for mine now.

Still don't see what you are talking about though.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 01:33:06 PM »

My 2 cents, as a member, not a moderator...

Who cares about the number of posts they've made, or the number that someone else has made?  Personally, I'd much rather see QUALITY, TECHNICAL posts versus the drivel that people post just to see their post count go up.   :soapbox:
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 01:46:22 PM »

So is that why you just removed the silly "do not post in this thread" thread?

MV 2013

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 01:53:45 PM »

It's a conspiracy!

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 01:58:49 PM »

Being a motorcycle technical forum, topics like "do not post..." do nothing to add to the site.  Here's a quote from the rules of posting...

Content posted on this site is intended to be motorcycle related, non motorcycle content may be removed at administrators/moderators discretion
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 02:02:27 PM »

Being a motorcycle technical forum, topics like "do not post..." do nothing to add to the site.  Here's a quote from the rules of posting...

Content posted on this site is intended to be motorcycle related, non motorcycle content may be removed at administrators/moderators discretion

Even in the "Off Topic" board where the sub-title is "Non-Motorcycle related Topics?" :nixweiss: :confused5: :huepfenlol2:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 02:10:13 PM »

To a large degree, I concur with keeping a lid on senseless posting and placing the emphasis on issues regarding riding, repairing, purchasing H-D motorcycles as well as information regarding get togethers, events etc. BUT, there's always a place for a bit of silliness lest we begin to take ourselves so seriously, the content of the site becomes as dry as dust and as interesting as watching paint dry. There's a time and place for everything and as a member of the site, I would hope the moderators and of course Obi-Won would see the value in comic relief from time to time. As to the subject of jacking up one's post count, I really don't believe this is as much of a reality as people think it is. Take note the next time you get together with a group of friends. Some folks like to talk a lot and listen a little. Some like to listen a lot and talk very little. Some are in the middle and some are on the extreme end of both sides. That's just human nature. The posting on this site reflects the personality of the poster. I would caution being too overbearing on this issue as (and this is just my opinion) we tend to get a fairly accurate picture of the personality of the member by their posts. This allows us to pursue a friendship or not as we see fit. Sometimes it takes awhile for a person's true nature to reveal itself. Take me for instance. EVERYONE thought I was an asshole when I joined the site - - - - - now only 1/2 of you do  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

B B
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 02:42:33 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 02:10:35 PM »

Even in the "Off Topic" board where the sub-title is "Non-Motorcycle related Topics?" :nixweiss: :confused5: :huepfenlol2:

I've never seen an entire thread removed, especially one that's that's been around so long. Locked I've seen. Removed, not that I recall. Weird! That's why this board was started from what I remember. CRS? ??? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 02:11:12 PM »

even in off-topic some threads serve no purpose
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »

Remarking on "useless' posts" as a "member"  :soapbox: (your emphasis, not mine)

My 2 cents, as a member, not a moderator...
Who cares about the number of posts they've made, or the number that someone else has made?  Personally, I'd much rather see QUALITY, TECHNICAL posts versus the drivel that people post just to see their post count go up.   :soapbox:

and then within minutes, as a moderator, removing a thread that has been inactive for some time makes a point, a big one  :soapbox:

Having some fun here is just one of the things that make this site so great.

Think of what the site would be if only TECHNICAL, and only QUALITY at that, posts were allowed (again, your emphasis, not mine).
Suppose only CVO members were allowed on the site, and if you sold your CVO you had to drop membership?

There have been threads removed before and for valid reasons (especially the legal infringements threads) but this was not one of the valid times.

Not need to point out my misgivings Obi Wan - I know where I stand here and I fully expect you to support your mods as any good supervisor would.  :2vrolijk_21:

« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 02:54:35 PM by porthole »

MV 2013

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 03:13:21 PM »

Someone needs to go back and re-read the survey results.  There was only a small interest in making this a more technical versus social site and responses indicated there was already a good balance between the two.  So, not sure why the interest in whacking one stupid thread . . . and leaving "Cat vomit . . .," for instance. :confused5:

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 03:25:45 PM »

I am soooo glad I didn't reply to this thread.  ;D

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 03:48:19 PM »

:lipsrsealed2:

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 04:55:59 PM »

Remarking on "useless' posts" as a "member"  :soapbox: (your emphasis, not mine)

and then within minutes, as a moderator, removing a thread that has been inactive for some time makes a point, a big one  :soapbox:

Having some fun here is just one of the things that make this site so great.

Think of what the site would be if only TECHNICAL, and only QUALITY at that, posts were allowed (again, your emphasis, not mine).
Suppose only CVO members were allowed on the site, and if you sold your CVO you had to drop membership?

There have been threads removed before and for valid reasons (especially the legal infringements threads) but this was not one of the valid times.

Not need to point out my misgivings Obi Wan - I know where I stand here and I fully expect you to support your mods as any good supervisor would.  :2vrolijk_21:

If it had been inactive for some time I would have left them alone.  Both topics had people still posting to them this morning.  The moderators are receiving more and more complaints about "useless" posts and being asked to do something about them.  In most cases, but not all, the "Off Topic" threads are where the conflicts arise as well...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 05:48:52 PM »

If it had been inactive for some time I would have left them alone.  Both topics had people still posting to them this morning.  The moderators are receiving more and more complaints about "useless" posts and being asked to do something about them.  In most cases, but not all, the "Off Topic" threads are where the conflicts arise as well...
Sorry Mods for the extra effort you get because people complain to you off the site. 

On the site we complain to you as well, which is even more complaining to you, about the fact that you are acting because someone has complained to you off the site. 

No one likes complaining.

Seems to me though, that if someone is posting in an obviously not an informative thread, one could be left alone to be as silly as they want to be as long as they are not offending anyone.

So, those of you complaining behind the scenes, Just Stay Out of the Off Topic thread

Easy, right?

I'd have thought so. 

I hate all my spam email in my inbox too, but complaining does not help me to just not read them and just delete them.  I'd like to ask everyone to just get along and not complain to the moderators so they don't have to be the bad guys that they are not. 

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 05:54:26 PM »

:nixweiss: 

There are television channels that have shows that I don't care to watch.  I'm either not interested or maybe they could offend me.  I don't complain to my satellite television company, I just don't tune in to those channels ;)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 06:15:38 PM »

Duane, Candy, Troy, and the 2 Brians got it right! This site takes people being able to be themselves, without worrying about who doesn't like something. If the posts are not offensive, flaming, or NSFW, then what's the harm of some starting a thread to have some fun. Exactly what the off- topic board was created for! But I guess fun must go the way of politics! Why not religion too! WTH does that have to do with motorcycles anyway? How about ANYTHING NOT MOTORCYCLE RELATED! Maybe it should all just be humorless, more technical blah blah about HD's technically silly design, heavy, slow ill handling machines we love...if that ain't silly I don't know what is! Way too easy to hit that "Cry To Mommy" button, and force Neal and the mods to do something. I hope all you crybabies who complain get what you're looking for.............A boring site without the fun that comes with it! You'll never get to know someone looking for a cam, or a chrome thingie! And with that fun comes the relationships and friendships! Hmmm.............Those days seem to be waining now!!! :( :( :( >:(

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 06:57:30 PM by Hoist! »

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2009, 07:16:51 PM »

If it had been inactive for some time I would have left them alone.  Both topics had people still posting to them this morning. 

Guess I missed the other one :nixweiss:

The moderators are receiving more and more complaints about "useless" posts and being asked to do something about them.

Really, that seems a little out there. Out of 7200 members how many complained?

"517161 Posts in 26500 Topics by 7212 Members"

half a million posts - how many posts were complained about?

In most cases, but not all, the "Off Topic" threads are where the conflicts arise as well...

Seems like an easy enough cure for those that are "complaining", don't look at it.

I'll relate all my experiences to offensive posts to the one post here sometime ago that I deemed offensive, not to me but for my wife and every other woman the participates here, and I'm not talking about the NFL thread. And that post was left up, after I suggested it be removed.

MV 2013

RedFXR2

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2009, 07:41:31 PM »

Someone needs to go back and re-read the survey results.  There was only a small interest in making this a more technical versus social site and responses indicated there was already a good balance between the two.  So, not sure why the interest in whacking one stupid thread . . .

Since you bring up the survey, there were only 112 responses from 7000+ members, indicating that a very small percentage participated.  That either places a qualification on the validity of the results, or makes a statement about the small number of active participants on the board as compared to the total membership.  Or maybe that was the point of the survey--to see just how many active participants there really were.  Whatever, the small number of responses indicate a concensus among just that---a small number of respondents.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 07:50:03 PM »

Since you bring up the survey, there were only 112 responses from 7000+ members, indicating that a very small percentage participated.  That either places a qualification on the validity of the results, or makes a statement about the small number of active participants on the board as compared to the total membership.  Or maybe that was the point of the survey--to see just how many active participants there really were.  Whatever, the small number of responses indicate a concensus among just that---a small number of respondents.

I don't disagree, but you'd think that if people were really that b!tchy about the way things were run here, they'd have taken the time to fill out the survey and respond accordingly.  The fact that they didn't must mean that overall, things are on the right track.  I guess the "Cry To Mommy" button (like Howie calls it) is just too convenient relative to the time it takes to fill out a survey. :nixweiss:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 07:55:02 PM »

Since you bring up the survey, ..............

I didn't even know about the survey until 2 weeks after it was over

MV 2013

RedFXR2

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2009, 08:03:00 PM »

I don't disagree, but you'd think that if people were really that b!tchy about the way things were run here, they'd have taken the time to fill out the survey and respond accordingly. 

Not if their response was to leave the board.

Another good point--I happened to stumble across it by chance since I seldom leave the FXR page.  I hardly ever look at that particular page, myself.

Only 112 of the most active folks ever saw the survey or responded to it.  If that's the target audience, fine, but don't confuse that with a valid survey of the total membership.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2009, 08:04:44 PM »

Not if their response was to leave the board.

. . .

Apparently, they didn't leave 'cuz they're still b!tchin'!!! ;D ::) :P

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2009, 08:34:08 PM »

I am soooo glad I didn't reply to this thread.  ;D

:2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2009, 08:45:25 PM »

They can delete all the posts they want as long as they leave my Snowmobile chit alone; although they could put some Ape Hangars on the sofa, it would look much more realistic.
 :smilie_staub:

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2009, 08:48:58 PM »

They can delete all the posts they want as long as they leave my Snowmobile chit alone; although they could put some Ape Hangars on the sofa, it would look much more realistic.
where was the pic taken dj?

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2009, 10:47:29 PM »

where was the pic taken dj?

Revelstoke British Columbia in 2002. Here is another one of the Columbia River near the same location.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2009, 10:50:04 PM »

On the way home from Revelstoke we passed throuth Eureka, Montana and I took a shot of their Metro Fire Department. I wonder if they have a pole. :)

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2009, 11:26:11 PM »

I still don't know what survey everyone is talking about.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2009, 05:02:38 AM »

I still don't know what survey everyone is talking about.
2008 Member Survey Results - http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=31934.0

I just saw the results and am not sure how I even saw or heard about the survey, but I did take it.

I think that Brian is right.  If the survey was provided and the intent was to see what the "membership" wants, then the silly threads are no problem at all.  It is just like the joke section.  I seldom ever see anything posted there.
If one were to be 4'2", and 85 lbs and you walked into a store titled "Big and Tall" would you expect that the clothes would not fit?  Yes!  So for the readers, they have to be smarter than their own mice.  Ony click on topics that you have an itnerest in, the rest, just leave them alone.  The art of Web surfing requires one to make choices. Choose your topics that you read with care. 

I think that this site is great and the membership are even better. I am so sorry to read that the mods find that their job of listening to the dessenters is just too hard.  May be time to look again at that moderator role and the length of time one has to serve.  Just an idea.   ;)

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2009, 05:04:18 AM »

And some day, I'd like to go to Revelstoke.  This looks gorgeous. 

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2009, 05:22:17 AM »

There is only about 90 members with more than 1,000 posts, but more than 3,500 without any posts at all! If I am correct.
In this board the balance between "very active" and "not active at all" is not as good as desirable. But hey, anyone who likes CVO's and just wants to look at the threads is fine by me.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

RedFXR2

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2009, 07:04:05 AM »

There is only about 90 members with more than 1,000 posts, but more than 3,500 without any posts at all!

Wonder why?

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2009, 08:02:30 AM »

Duane, Candy, Troy, and the 2 Brians got it right! This site takes people being able to be themselves, without worrying about who doesn't like something. If the posts are not offensive, flaming, or NSFW, then what's the harm of some starting a thread to have some fun. Exactly what the off- topic board was created for! But I guess fun must go the way of politics! Why not religion too! WTH does that have to do with motorcycles anyway? How about ANYTHING NOT MOTORCYCLE RELATED! Maybe it should all just be humorless, more technical blah blah about HD's technically silly design, heavy, slow ill handling machines we love...if that ain't silly I don't know what is! Way too easy to hit that "Cry To Mommy" button, and force Neal and the mods to do something. I hope all you crybabies who complain get what you're looking for.............A boring site without the fun that comes with it! You'll never get to know someone looking for a cam, or a chrome thingie! And with that fun comes the relationships and friendships! Hmmm.............Those days seem to be waining now!!! :( :( :( >:(

Hoist! 8)

Howie, Duane, Candy, Troy, and the 2 Brians got it right!  :pumpkin:

hehehehehehehehehehe!
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2009, 10:53:03 AM »

Wow what a can of worms.  I thought Hoists original question was very simple.  The answer seems to have gotten very complicated.

I for one have enjoyed this site immensely.  Sometimes I want a serious answer to my questions.  Sometimes its ok to get funny ones.  I must say with all the crap going on around us everyday, I can open this site and laugh outload.  That is a good thing right?

On the otherside of the coin.  When I was in the computer field, space to store data was both limited and expensive.  Something always had to be removed.  I.E. Year end purges, backups & storage to other mediums.  This information then became archives and was not readily accessible.

I do not want to start any problems or quarells.   I am just one of the many new members who have joined with no knowledge of the heirarchy or expense.
I have wondered.  Who pays for this sites space and maintenance?  The domain is not free is it?  Would not the person(s) dedicated to the expense and or upkeep be the one(s) to make the decision(s)?  Even freedom of speech has a cost attached.

I think as members we have an obligation to abide by any decisions the leaders make.  I do not think any member would oppose that.  However, any member of any group should always have the right to voice their opionion or ask a question or even complain.  Management should be obliged to offer an explaination.  Otherwise it becomes a dictatorship IMHO.

The point I think was to simply get an answer from the powers that be.  The supreme commander may have to field the final answer on this.

Excuse my ramblings.
                                                                                  Randy   

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2009, 11:01:29 AM »

Revelstoke British Columbia in 2002. Here is another one of the Columbia River near the same location.

WHY ?

B B

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2009, 11:02:02 AM »

WOULD

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2009, 11:02:47 AM »

ANY SANE PERSON WANT TO BE HERE AT THIS TIME OF YEAR ?

B B

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2009, 11:05:12 AM »

This place is not a democracy.  I'll comply with any rules that I'm made aware of.  I'm a guest and I don't want to offend my host.  What I like MOST about the site, and the reason I joined, is the humor and comraderie.  I've made many friends and met many fantastic folks who share similar interests.  I like that technical questions are answered within the first few posts of new threads and the rest is fun.  There are a LOT of very cleaver people here and I enjoy my time here and look forward to it daily.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2009, 11:06:37 AM »

This place is not a democracy.  I'll comply with any rules that I'm made aware of.  I'm a guest and I don't want to offend my host.  What I like MOST about the site, and the reason I joined, is the humor and comraderie.  I've made many friends and met many fantastic folks who share similar interests.  I like that technical questions are answered within the first few posts of new threads and the rest is fun.  There are a LOT of very cleaver people here and I enjoy my time here and look forward to it daily.

What a suck up  :P :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

B B

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2009, 11:07:06 AM »

Wow what a can of worms.  I thought Hoists original question was very simple.  The answer seems to have gotten very complicated.

I for one have enjoyed this site immensely.  Sometimes I want a serious answer to my questions.  Sometimes its ok to get funny ones.  I must say with all the crap going on around us everyday, I can open this site and laugh outload.  That is a good thing right?

On the otherside of the coin.  When I was in the computer field, space to store data was both limited and expensive.  Something always had to be removed.  I.E. Year end purges, backups & storage to other mediums.  This information then became archives and was not readily accessible.

I do not want to start any problems or quarells.   I am just one of the many new members who have joined with no knowledge of the heirarchy or expense.
I have wondered.  Who pays for this sites space and maintenance?  The domain is not free is it?  Would not the person(s) dedicated to the expense and or upkeep be the one(s) to make the decision(s)?  Even freedom of speech has a cost attached.

I think as members we have an obligation to abide by any decisions the leaders make.  I do not think any member would oppose that.  However, any member of any group should always have the right to voice their opionion or ask a question or even complain.  Management should be obliged to offer an explaination.  Otherwise it becomes a dictatorship IMHO.

The point I think was to simply get an answer from the powers that be.  The supreme commander may have to field the final answer on this.

Excuse my ramblings.
                                                                                  Randy   

Randy,

The site is owned by Neal, AKA Naitram, who pays for the hardware, software, network, etc.  Instead of having ads on the site, this site is self supported.  There is a "Make a Donation" button on the upper right of the screen.  If you like the site, you can make a donation there.  Thanks, and welcome.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2009, 11:28:29 AM »

Randy,

The site is owned by Neal, AKA Naitram, who pays for the hardware, software, network, etc.  Instead of having ads on the site, this site is self supported.  There is a "Make a Donation" button on the upper right of the screen.  If you like the site, you can make a donation there.  Thanks, and welcome.
  Ok that answers that, thank you Erniezap.
  Technically it is a dictatorship then and Neal aka Naitram can and should do whatever he wants.

I support, applaud and thank him for allowing me to use his site, weather or not any donations are made.
                                                     Thank you
                                                       Randy

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2009, 11:32:25 AM »

I've never seen an entire thread removed, especially one that's that's been around so long. Locked I've seen. Removed, not that I recall. Weird! That's why this board was started from what I remember. CRS? ??? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Howie - no doubt the folks that run the place have the say on what goes & what doesn't go - that is understood.  Why some threads have existed (& still do) since before I arrived that are every bit as dumb/stupid/weird as ones that get blitzed is a valid question.  If a housecleaning is taking place, the cleaners/sweepers are like some of the inspectors I used to work with - entirely subjective.

Anyway, from what I have read most here enjoy the social aspect of the board as well as the tech side.  Frankly, this board as a definitive tech source for bike info is ALSO quite subjective.  Some tech stuff is good, other tech stuff frankly is not, and eventually about 99% of tech threads also go off topic. There are other sources (written/published) which are quite good & nowhere near as subjective/biased as opinions posted on any board. I used to moderate (other boards - long ago) and remember hearing complaints about off topic stuff, mod/admin favoritism & other gobbledegook.  Some valid, some not.  Chucklewhore stuff for me many times, frankly.

Also, some folks think their posts are golden & above any type of interference (not me) and some have a whacked idea of what goes vs what should stay.  I don't worry about it, and as to efficient time wasting or time well spent, opportunities abound.

;)

Mike
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2009, 11:46:15 AM »

(...)
(...)

That is quite easy to answer: Take a look at this thread:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=31818.0

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2009, 02:30:37 PM »

A few thoughts here.

First, the "Cry To Mommy" Button. GET RID OF IT!!! Why do we need a Cry To Mommy button. We're all adults although we don't always act that way! But as adults, we should know when to ignore something unimportant to us, or that doesn't affect us. I get annoyed at things in my life everyday. Shake your head and move on. It doesn't affect your life in any way but getting annoyed. So ignore it! And if it affects you directly, deal with it head on. Believe me, that won't last long here before you hear from management here anyway! And worst case, if you're being affected personally by something, then by all means, send the mod a PM. But having that button there for the hitting is just bad news!!! GET RID OF IT!!!

Second, the Email Notification about posts to a thread you're following! GET RID OF IT!!! Neal recently created a My Bookmarks tab at the top, and a way of putting any thread you want in there. You can keep track of all the threads you're following in My Bookmarks without getting all those annoying emails that someone responded to your thread. Just check the thread in your bookmarks periodically, and you can bypass all the meaningless posts if there were any, without getting annoyed by emails. But having the emails backup on people for this reason is bad news too. So, GET RID OF IT!!!

Third. This site is owned by Neal and we all get to play here, as long as we are good guests in his house. We discuss things that affect all of us online here. The crybabies that complain all the time to them about post counts, irrelevant post, or BS like that should grow a set of cajones and say something publicly. WTH do youze do in your personal lives in the face of adversity? Go cry to mommy? Think about it! You're grown men here (and women)! Start acting like it! Nothing wrong with grown men acting silly and having fun! Get a life crybabies!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 02:51:32 PM by Hoist! »

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2009, 02:49:01 PM »

What Howie Said  :2vrolijk_21:

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2009, 03:19:42 PM »

everyone needs to take a step back and chill out.

grown adults dont call each other crybabies, or post whores, or whatever else has been thown around here.

on average 600+ different members pass through here on any given day. each with their own opinions and ideas, that means any decisions that get made are gaurenteed to be the wrong ones with some people.

it doesnt matter if somone has 1 post or 10,000 posts they still have an opinion. would we all act the same way, if there was no post count displayed anywhere on the site?

frankly some of these post about people crying sound like more crying to me

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2009, 03:27:28 PM »

everyone needs to take a step back and chill out.

grown adults dont call each other crybabies, or post whores, or whatever else has been thown around here.

on average 600+ different members pass through here on any given day. each with their own opinions and ideas, that means any decisions that get made are gaurenteed to be the wrong ones with some people.

it doesnt matter if somone has 1 post or 10,000 posts they still have an opinion. would we all act the same way, if there was no post count displayed anywhere on the site?

frankly some of these post about people crying sound like more crying to me

Great idea Neal, post count! GET RID OF IT!!!

We don't need status or hierarchy based on post count. Different colors for people's post count. Make everyone the same and maybe this goes away! Post count, GET RID OF IT!!! :2vrolijk_21:

And with all of this we've come full circle. But in the end, we still don't even know what was wrong, why this happened or why things changed. It just appeared that we had an annoyed mod that didn't want this stuff on anymore, but no explanation whatsoever. Your site man. You don't owe us one. But it would be nice that the heart and soul of this place (the members) weren't left clueless about this. Exactly what creates these type of responses when something like this happens! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 03:40:22 PM by Hoist! »

hogasm

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2009, 04:18:19 PM »

:nixweiss: 

There are television channels that have shows that I don't care to watch.  I'm either not interested or maybe they could offend me.  I don't complain to my satellite television company, I just don't tune in to those channels ;)

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

I for one rarely ever post in off topic areas and try to stay in the technical stuff. It does take up valuable time by moderators to read every thread in its entirety. I applaud the moderators for giving of their time....FREE....I just don't have the time to read all the non technical threads. This one was brought to my attention while on the phone with a member or I probably would have never have posted in it.

I thank Neil for giving of his time and monies to make this CVO web site available for us to partake in and enjoy. I have had the opportunity to meet and become friendswith many of you here that without this site would have never happened. So thank you again Neil and Moderators for giving of your time putting up with alot of petty BS.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 04:36:25 PM by hogasm »

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2009, 05:24:25 PM »

everyone needs to take a step back and chill out.....
I’m going to take naitram’s advice and do some more chillin’.

WHY ?

B B
WOULD
ANY SANE PERSON WANT TO BE HERE AT THIS TIME OF YEAR ?

B B

You’re probably right Spiderman, booze would be much easier. This is such a great activity for an aging adrenalin junkie. I’m not saying that I have an addiction, I’ve never been to a single meeting, :) I have just learned over time to appreciate a good shot of adrenalin juice from time to time.

And some day, I'd like to go to Revelstoke.  This looks gorgeous. 

British Columbia is a spectacular part of the continent to ride a Motorcycle; I’ve only been there on a Snowmobile and pickup truck. I will eventually get back there on two wheels. There are just so many fabulous places to ride in this part of the World.

This photo is nearly the same angle as the silhouette shot above and is thoroughly  chilled! :)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2009, 05:25:22 PM »

Another shot of the Columbia River.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2009, 08:23:57 PM »

I’m going to take naitram’s advice and do some more chillin’.
You’re probably right Spiderman, booze would be much easier. This is such a great activity for an aging adrenalin junkie. I’m not saying that I have an addiction, I’ve never been to a single meeting, :) I have just learned over time to appreciate a good shot of adrenalin juice from time to time.

British Columbia is a spectacular part of the continent to ride a Motorcycle; I’ve only been there on a Snowmobile and pickup truck. I will eventually get back there on two wheels. There are just so many fabulous places to ride in this part of the World.

This photo is nearly the same angle as the silhouette shot above and is thoroughly  chilled! :)

I'm just jealous dude. I was at Sugarloaf USA skiing when my wife went into labor with both of our daughters (two years apart) I used to ski at places like Saddleback Mtn on Rangely Lake where it got so cold the mist in the air would freeze and we'd call it Ice Fog. And I loved every minute of it. Then I turned 40 and osteoarthritis set in and I had scope after scope after scope on my knees till they couldn't scope em no more and I couldn't ski no more. That was the end of winter being fun for me. I had been a slope rat from the time I was 10 til 41. Broke my heart. Soooooo I moved out here to SoCal and now I get cold when the temps dip below 50. Yeah I know, I'm a total left coast woos puppy  :huepfenlol2: Anyway, those pictures are gorgeous and I wish I could still get out into it. Thanks for letting a COBB live vicariously.

B B

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2009, 08:47:47 PM »

I like the email notifications  :2vrolijk_21:

But, I just saw the bookmark link so I will check it out, but don't end email notices yet, it will take a bit a time to mark all the threads.

MV 2013

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2009, 12:33:05 AM »

I'm just jealous dude. I was at Sugarloaf USA skiing when my wife went into labor with both of our daughters (two years apart) I used to ski at places like Saddleback Mtn on Rangely Lake where it got so cold the mist in the air would freeze and we'd call it Ice Fog. And I loved every minute of it. Then I turned 40 and osteoarthritis set in and I had scope after scope after scope on my knees till they couldn't scope em no more and I couldn't ski no more. That was the end of winter being fun for me. I had been a slope rat from the time I was 10 til 41. Broke my heart. Soooooo I moved out here to SoCal and now I get cold when the temps dip below 50. Yeah I know, I'm a total left coast woos puppy  :huepfenlol2: Anyway, those pictures are gorgeous and I wish I could still get out into it. Thanks for letting a COBB live vicariously.

B B

Gettin’ old is a bitch, and it doesn’t help that the brain seems 10 years or more behind the body, writing checks that totally kick my a$$ to cash. High octane and high compression work pretty well together as a medication. Now all that's needed is a prescription for an additional 20 or 30 mph of speed limit to augment this therapy. Does anyone know a good Doctor that can help out with this delicate and debilitating medical condition?  :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2009, 12:36:51 AM »

Gettin’ old is a bitch, and it doesn’t help that the brain seems 10 years or more behind the body, writing checks that totally kick my a$$ to cash. High octane and high compression work pretty well together as a medication. Now all that's needed is a prescription for an additional 20 or 30 mph of speed limit to augment this therapy. Does anyone know a good Doctor that can help out with this delicate and debilitating medical condition?  :2vrolijk_21:

Aaahhh! The unattainable goal! Getting enough speed!!! And not killing yourself! Finding that line!!! Gotta tell ya dj, youze look like ya do pretty damn good to me on them sleds! ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2009, 12:45:12 AM »

Aaahhh! The unattainable goal! Getting enough speed!!! And not killing yourself! Finding that line!!! Gotta tell ya dj, youze look like ya do pretty damn good to me on them sleds! ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

I can’t begin to tell you how much fun the off trail, back country playtime is. Motorcycles are #1, but as long as I have to do cold and snow, this stuff gets it done in the winter.  :2vrolijk_21:

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2009, 11:59:35 AM »

the nice thing about sleding out in the wide open is its usually a soft landing if you get stoopid

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2009, 12:12:28 PM »

I can’t begin to tell you how much fun the off trail, back country playtime is. Motorcycles are #1, but as long as I have to do cold and snow, this stuff gets it done in the winter.  :2vrolijk_21:

Sometimes when we'd go to Saddleback Mtn for the weekend and it'd be too cold on top of the Mtn to ski, we'd rent this little Alouette snowmobiles. They weren't much compared to the modern machines (then being early 70's) but they were a lot of fun. I was never real good at it though and used to tip over in soft snow if I wasn't going along pretty fast. We also used to enjoy watching the races they'd have, both drags and circuit racing. I never bought a snow machine though as the expense would have meant my passion for H-D had to suffer somewhere. Always wanted to find an old H-D machine though, just to have it. I believe somebody posted some stuff about H-D snow machines on the site last winter. I imagine there's a few of them still running, but parts must be all but impossible to find. Anyway, enjoy your winter habit

B B

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2009, 08:10:05 AM »

Here ya go BB

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2009, 09:35:01 AM »

Here ya go BB

With a little chrome and some flames, it would sure look even better;-)

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2009, 11:16:52 AM »

Here ya go BB

You know something, the new machines are so high tech and complicated that this old H-D sled looks like an old panhead compared to a new Twin Cam. To me it looks very clean and spartan, being wholly functional in what it's intended purpose is. If this is a recent picture, this one certainly looks to have been well preserved. If memory serves, they only made these around 70-73 ??? Is this yours Jester, or a friends ? Is it for sale ? 

B B

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2009, 11:46:53 AM »

You know something, the new machines are so high tech and complicated that this old H-D sled looks like an old panhead compared to a new Twin Cam. To me it looks very clean and spartan, being wholly functional in what it's intended purpose is. If this is a recent picture, this one certainly looks to have been well preserved. If memory serves, they only made these around 70-73 ??? Is this yours Jester, or a friends ? Is it for sale ? 

B B

Nope not mine.  I did a google image search for "harley davidson snowmobile"  My last sled was a 1974 Sno Jet 340.  I have a LOT of great memories on that.  Here's a shot of my Family taken in the middle of nowhere a few years back while on a 70 mile ride with my brother and his family.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2009, 12:23:42 PM »

I for one am glad this thread got so far hijacked  :jack:!
Many years ago, when I lived in NY, I had 4 Polaris sleds. His & Hers matching touring rides, my everyday (when we had snow) ride, and my drag sled. Lake George and the Adirondack's we my play areas. I went onto Polaris' website to look at the new rides and there are so far advanced that they don't even look like what I rode only a decade ago. Those were some fun times but I'll take my bikes now and ride year round.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.493 seconds with 21 queries.