Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Where'd All The Posts Go?  (Read 6352 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Where'd All The Posts Go?
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 06:15:38 PM »

Duane, Candy, Troy, and the 2 Brians got it right! This site takes people being able to be themselves, without worrying about who doesn't like something. If the posts are not offensive, flaming, or NSFW, then what's the harm of some starting a thread to have some fun. Exactly what the off- topic board was created for! But I guess fun must go the way of politics! Why not religion too! WTH does that have to do with motorcycles anyway? How about ANYTHING NOT MOTORCYCLE RELATED! Maybe it should all just be humorless, more technical blah blah about HD's technically silly design, heavy, slow ill handling machines we love...if that ain't silly I don't know what is! Way too easy to hit that "Cry To Mommy" button, and force Neal and the mods to do something. I hope all you crybabies who complain get what you're looking for.............A boring site without the fun that comes with it! You'll never get to know someone looking for a cam, or a chrome thingie! And with that fun comes the relationships and friendships! Hmmm.............Those days seem to be waining now!!! :( :( :( >:(

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 06:57:30 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2009, 07:16:51 PM »

If it had been inactive for some time I would have left them alone.  Both topics had people still posting to them this morning. 

Guess I missed the other one :nixweiss:

The moderators are receiving more and more complaints about "useless" posts and being asked to do something about them.

Really, that seems a little out there. Out of 7200 members how many complained?

"517161 Posts in 26500 Topics by 7212 Members"

half a million posts - how many posts were complained about?

In most cases, but not all, the "Off Topic" threads are where the conflicts arise as well...

Seems like an easy enough cure for those that are "complaining", don't look at it.

I'll relate all my experiences to offensive posts to the one post here sometime ago that I deemed offensive, not to me but for my wife and every other woman the participates here, and I'm not talking about the NFL thread. And that post was left up, after I suggested it be removed.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

RedFXR2

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2009, 07:41:31 PM »

Someone needs to go back and re-read the survey results.  There was only a small interest in making this a more technical versus social site and responses indicated there was already a good balance between the two.  So, not sure why the interest in whacking one stupid thread . . .

Since you bring up the survey, there were only 112 responses from 7000+ members, indicating that a very small percentage participated.  That either places a qualification on the validity of the results, or makes a statement about the small number of active participants on the board as compared to the total membership.  Or maybe that was the point of the survey--to see just how many active participants there really were.  Whatever, the small number of responses indicate a concensus among just that---a small number of respondents.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 07:50:03 PM »

Since you bring up the survey, there were only 112 responses from 7000+ members, indicating that a very small percentage participated.  That either places a qualification on the validity of the results, or makes a statement about the small number of active participants on the board as compared to the total membership.  Or maybe that was the point of the survey--to see just how many active participants there really were.  Whatever, the small number of responses indicate a concensus among just that---a small number of respondents.

I don't disagree, but you'd think that if people were really that b!tchy about the way things were run here, they'd have taken the time to fill out the survey and respond accordingly.  The fact that they didn't must mean that overall, things are on the right track.  I guess the "Cry To Mommy" button (like Howie calls it) is just too convenient relative to the time it takes to fill out a survey. :nixweiss:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 07:55:02 PM »

Since you bring up the survey, ..............

I didn't even know about the survey until 2 weeks after it was over
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

RedFXR2

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2009, 08:03:00 PM »

I don't disagree, but you'd think that if people were really that b!tchy about the way things were run here, they'd have taken the time to fill out the survey and respond accordingly. 

Not if their response was to leave the board.

Another good point--I happened to stumble across it by chance since I seldom leave the FXR page.  I hardly ever look at that particular page, myself.

Only 112 of the most active folks ever saw the survey or responded to it.  If that's the target audience, fine, but don't confuse that with a valid survey of the total membership.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2009, 08:04:44 PM »

Not if their response was to leave the board.

. . .

Apparently, they didn't leave 'cuz they're still b!tchin'!!! ;D ::) :P

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2009, 08:34:08 PM »

I am soooo glad I didn't reply to this thread.  ;D

:2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2009, 08:45:25 PM »

They can delete all the posts they want as long as they leave my Snowmobile chit alone; although they could put some Ape Hangars on the sofa, it would look much more realistic.
 :smilie_staub:

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2009, 08:48:58 PM »

They can delete all the posts they want as long as they leave my Snowmobile chit alone; although they could put some Ape Hangars on the sofa, it would look much more realistic.
where was the pic taken dj?

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2009, 10:47:29 PM »

where was the pic taken dj?

Revelstoke British Columbia in 2002. Here is another one of the Columbia River near the same location.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2009, 10:50:04 PM »

On the way home from Revelstoke we passed throuth Eureka, Montana and I took a shot of their Metro Fire Department. I wonder if they have a pole. :)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2009, 11:26:11 PM »

I still don't know what survey everyone is talking about.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2009, 05:02:38 AM »

I still don't know what survey everyone is talking about.
2008 Member Survey Results - http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=31934.0

I just saw the results and am not sure how I even saw or heard about the survey, but I did take it.

I think that Brian is right.  If the survey was provided and the intent was to see what the "membership" wants, then the silly threads are no problem at all.  It is just like the joke section.  I seldom ever see anything posted there.
If one were to be 4'2", and 85 lbs and you walked into a store titled "Big and Tall" would you expect that the clothes would not fit?  Yes!  So for the readers, they have to be smarter than their own mice.  Ony click on topics that you have an itnerest in, the rest, just leave them alone.  The art of Web surfing requires one to make choices. Choose your topics that you read with care. 

I think that this site is great and the membership are even better. I am so sorry to read that the mods find that their job of listening to the dessenters is just too hard.  May be time to look again at that moderator role and the length of time one has to serve.  Just an idea.   ;)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2009, 05:04:18 AM »

And some day, I'd like to go to Revelstoke.  This looks gorgeous. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 21 queries.