Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: # For After Market Bulbs  (Read 1508 times)

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
# For After Market Bulbs
« on: May 03, 2009, 10:09:03 PM »

I am thinking of replacing my head light bulbs on my '06 SEUC to Slyvania silver stars or perhaps another brand.  I believe that the bulbs are a 9006 style.  Any input would be great. I would like to do HID but they are quite expensive and I am not sure I want to spend the $ right now.
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
Re: # For After Market Bulbs
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 09:32:06 PM »

Talk with Jim (hd-dude).  He sells an HID kit that is plug and play.  Simple install takes 5 minutes.  I have bought aftermarket replacement bulbs PIAA's and they are an improvement but the HID bulbs are Night and Day literally.

Well worth the investment at night I can actually see - not sure why moco didn't consider we would be driving at night :nixweiss: we have a lot of deer in WA  but one of the biggest difference is I AM SEEN I have had several of my buddies comment on the difference of passing by me during the day - they say the headlight really stands out, I didn't really purchase the kit to be seen but that is a big plus.

IMHO - It should have been one of the first mods I did to my bike, it will be one of the first mods I do on my next one.

If you do a search I believe 2Lane has posted pictures of the difference between the lights and some good info.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
Re: # For After Market Bulbs
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 10:54:54 PM »

Thank you very much for the info

Topper
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.