Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: ? on Zumo 550  (Read 7502 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: ? on Zumo 550
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 10:44:19 AM »

It would be nice if you were a little more helpful with your posts.......  ;)
:ROFLOL: You think?? ;) :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Smuuth

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE³
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 10:58:05 AM »

It would be nice if you were a little more helpful with your posts.......  ;)
Now that's funny!

:2vrolijk_21:
Patriot Guard

The best thing about riding in the rain is you don't have to stop to piss.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 11:33:08 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Be nice.

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member
  • formerly known as "UpChuck82"

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 12:33:18 PM »

Diamondback,
Sounds like exactly what I am looking to achieve.   :2vrolijk_21:  I personally do not like the idea of cutting into factory wires...just don't.  :nervous:  I've been looking thru the numerous Zumo posts and Jim's website and posts and I'm a little more comfortable with the Cell Set setup.  It may cost more, but true functionality would be well worth it...and being able to go back to factory wiring is a definite plus for me.

For calls to answer it's the opposite for me, I need to take the work calls and the wife can talk to me when I get home  :huepfenlol2:

Thanks for the info.
Eagle Soars
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 12:35:57 PM by Eagle Soars »
2009 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
Arlen Ness Big Sucker (Chrome Backplate) w/ KN Filter
SERT
SE Slip-Ons

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 03:02:01 PM »

::) ::) ::)

My buddy has moved his from his two prior bikes to the new 09.  All you need is more shrink wrap.

I like mine a bunch.  BTW when my wife rides she gets to talk on the phone to the kids. 

:confused5: :confused5:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 1999 Road King

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009, 08:01:31 AM »

Comparing my interface cable to a Cellset, Autocomm, J&M or any thing else that is available is futile in that you will be comparing apples to oranges to grapes to zucchini….LOL

My cable does not function like any other solution out there, it interfaces the Harley helmet microphone to the Zumo, which allows you to utilize the Bluetooth abilities of the Zumo and your cell phone to place or receive phone calls, while riding.

If you ride while mainly listening to your tunes via the Zumo as I do then my cable is, I think an inexpensive solution. I don’t listen to FM very much because it fades in and out while riding and I don’t like having to search for another station. I don’t use my CB very much so that was not an issue.

If you listen to your tunes via FM, AM, CD, and have your CB on at the same time just in case then my cable is not what you want.

When I set about designing an interface no one else had anything available that would do what I was looking to achieve without having to dish out over $300.00. This was the major motivation for me.

I just filled an empty spot on the table.

It’s like the bike you ride, get what works for your particular situation.  :2vrolijk_21:
Ride It Like You Are Retired

harpmr

• Junior CVO Member
  • 15 FLTRUSE

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 08:44:35 AM »

Installed my Zumo 550 with power from back side of cigarette lighter and placed the GXM-30 antenna on top of radio under the fairing.  Shortly thereafter the Harley nav system quit working - coincidence or did the GXM-30 being on top of the radio box somehow cause the malfunction?

harpmr

• Junior CVO Member
  • 15 FLTRUSE

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 12:03:46 PM »

Has anyone tried putting the audio patch cable from the Zumo 550 underneath the HK radio, coming out of the fairing right under the AUX port so that you have very little of the patch cable exposed? Just squeezed under the radio weather seal.

I've done this successfully on an '05 Screamin Eagle Ultra but it didn't have the HK radio.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 12:22:24 PM »

Thanks Jim for an honest evaluation of your product.  As I use the CB, the XM,FM and the HD CD/MP3 instead of the Zumo the Cell Set makes sense.

:drink:

Former 1999 Road King

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member
  • formerly known as "UpChuck82"

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2009, 05:12:54 PM »

Thanks Jim for an honest evaluation of your product.  As I use the CB, the XM,FM and the HD CD/MP3 instead of the Zumo the Cell Set makes sense.

:drink:

Ditto on that Jim  :2vrolijk_21:  My useage is more in "tune" with Diamondback's.   :huepfenlol2:  I too appreciate your clarification.  You're exactly right in saying get what works for your own needs.
Eagle Soars
2009 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
Arlen Ness Big Sucker (Chrome Backplate) w/ KN Filter
SERT
SE Slip-Ons

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2009, 05:59:58 PM »

Yeah baby!!!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Former 1999 Road King

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 06:08:48 PM »

Installed my Zumo 550 with power from back side of cigarette lighter and placed the GXM-30 antenna on top of radio under the fairing.  Shortly thereafter the Harley nav system quit working - coincidence or did the GXM-30 being on top of the radio box somehow cause the malfunction?
The H-D Nav system realized you had installed (Zumo) a better Nav system and automatically shut down because it realized it wouldn't be used. :wiseguy: :huepfenlol2:

Could you have possibly pulled a connection loose while you were inside the fairing? :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

woode

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Anniversary FLHTCUSE8
    • CVO2: (Retired) Ruby Red FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2009, 12:58:18 AM »

Has anyone tried putting the audio patch cable from the Zumo 550 underneath the HK radio, coming out of the fairing right under the AUX port so that you have very little of the patch cable exposed? Just squeezed under the radio weather seal.

I've done this successfully on an '05 Screamin Eagle Ultra but it didn't have the HK radio.
I have mine going inside the fairing through the left handlebar hole, and coming out of the right handlebar hole - which is very close to the Aux port.

woode

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Anniversary FLHTCUSE8
    • CVO2: (Retired) Ruby Red FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2009, 01:10:40 AM »

Comparing my interface cable to a Cellset, Autocomm, J&M or any thing else that is available is futile in that you will be comparing apples to oranges to grapes to zucchini….LOL

My cable does not function like any other solution out there, it interfaces the Harley helmet microphone to the Zumo, which allows you to utilize the Bluetooth abilities of the Zumo and your cell phone to place or receive phone calls, while riding.

If you ride while mainly listening to your tunes via the Zumo as I do then my cable is, I think an inexpensive solution. I don’t listen to FM very much because it fades in and out while riding and I don’t like having to search for another station. I don’t use my CB very much so that was not an issue.

If you listen to your tunes via FM, AM, CD, and have your CB on at the same time just in case then my cable is not what you want.

When I set about designing an interface no one else had anything available that would do what I was looking to achieve without having to dish out over $300.00. This was the major motivation for me.

I just filled an empty spot on the table.

It’s like the bike you ride, get what works for your particular situation.  :2vrolijk_21:

Jim,

You're implying that the CB does not work with your cable, and I'm not sure that I agree.  As long as the accessory switch is toggled off, everything works as it should (but no microphone for the phone).  Obviously, when the accessory switch is toggled on, the only audio getting through the microphone is going to the phone.  I've used both CB and Intercom successfully while the Zumo is selected - as long as the accessory switch is off.  To me, this is no huge deal.  I can hear when a call is coming in, so with a flip of a switch, I can take the call.  Flip it back, and I can talk on CB and Intercom again.  I'm with you...  I almost never listen to AM, FM, CD, or WB on the bike.  If XM traffic were available on the H-D XM module, I would pay for an XM subscription, but otherwise, I am happy with XM on the Zumo.

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2009, 08:13:10 AM »

Just a coincidence, no way it can cause a problem with the NAV system.
Ride It Like You Are Retired
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 20 queries.