Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Swing arm concerns on 09's (Water) Rust  (Read 5510 times)

Silver RG 2016

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

Re: Swing arm concerns on 09's (Water) Rust
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 09:51:11 AM »

After looking at the picture in the attachment of the original post, I don't know of a single CVO owner that would not get annoyed, if not down right angry, at the rust dripping off their swing arm and belt guard like the rust in the picture. I typically look over the whole bike when I wash them and have never seen the rust we are talking about here. I usually only find rust where the paint was chipped off. Normal rust is one thing, but the rust were are talking about here would even concern me on a dirt bike.

Beary
I totally agree, I own a 2016 CVO RG. Love it and couldn't ask for more from a fine machine until I get to the RUST part!  YEP... it's there and they (dealership) has called MOCO. First response.. First time we heard of this... well "LIE NUMBER 1"  second.. we'll have to see pictures..... Hmmm If I didn't know any better Willie would flip if he knew the kind of answers his people are giving out... We shall see what happens... there's another small problem.. but I'll post that later... Wondering? L inner fairing glove box wont close like the right side. Now won't close at all!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 11:57:27 AM »

Did you do the dealership the courtesy of printing out the Harley document from 9 years ago when they said they'd never heard of this before?

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 08:47:07 AM »

is this for 2009 models only!! other years affected??!!  :'(

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 09:01:00 AM »

I totally agree, I own a 2016 CVO RG. Love it and couldn't ask for more from a fine machine until I get to the RUST part!  YEP... it's there and they (dealership) has called MOCO. First response.. First time we heard of this... well "LIE NUMBER 1"  second.. we'll have to see pictures..... Hmmm If I didn't know any better Willie would flip if he knew the kind of answers his people are giving out... We shall see what happens... there's another small problem.. but I'll post that later... Wondering? L inner fairing glove box wont close like the right side. Now won't close at all!

How long have you owned this bike and are you the original owner?  Is it still covered under the factory warranty?  What did the dealership say about the glove box door, or haven't you mentioned it to them yet?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.