Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 SERK - After Recall Done - Any Issues ?  (Read 2938 times)

Two Wheels

• Junior CVO Member
2007 SERK - After Recall Done - Any Issues ?
« on: August 08, 2009, 09:19:56 AM »

Gents:

Since the 2007 recall parts were put in place, I have found the bike to run extremely well.   Now I did have it properly tuned, red line, monster ovals which I think help with the heat just a bit due to no catalytic converter, etc.

I was reading another post on 2007 SERK issues - what have you run into.   Of course, most of those had to do with the recall.  Just curious, what have people run into (problem wise or not) after the recall / parts were done?

Hope this is not a duplicate post.   Didnt see one like it.  Trying to anticipate.   

To note, I've got 7,000 trouble free and quite frankly really enjoyable miles :)    Headed up through Southern California today.  May see some of you on the way.

Thanks   

fxdse

• Live to Ride
    • Live to Ride
Re: 2007 SERK - After Recall Done - Any Issues ?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 03:12:38 PM »

I will say that around 6000km I did in fact find the dreaded leak and Halrey did in fact replace a few things with the recall. Since then I have put on about 8000km and it runs excellent. There are many threads out there with many disgruntled people that have issues. I threw on a SERT, Rinehart 2into1 and a heavy breather. I am getting 93HP and 116Torque. I have taken it down from Calgary, Alberta to Las Vegas and back. My tuner has the bike running excellent and I have no issues even without the oil cooler debate.

I love the bike, love the engine and all is good. Harley has always stepped up to the plate and fixed any minor issues and I am very pleased with them.

Two Wheels

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 12:35:48 PM »

Yeah, I have to admit once the "upgrades" were done, fuel pack installed, asked shop to ensure it ran just a little rich verysus lean, monster ovals put on, K&N filter and red line ... shes really running great.  Only have 2,000 miles on it since the above changes though.  But real nice, feels very solid.  Good to hear.  Thanks for the heads up ...

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 12:43:41 PM »

Still all the bad noises in the engine and waiting for the crank to go, but for the moment no oil leaks since the recall performance enhancement.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 01:30:09 PM »

18K miles SINCE the recall install and head gaskets are fine, but since then have had to replace the Base gasket, starter clutch, inner primary bearing, primary chain, and compensator. Still makes lots of noise and base gasket is weeping again. 37K total mikes

Two Wheels

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 02:28:21 PM »

Gecko ... Trapper dog, can you describe the noises ? 

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 05:20:16 PM »

Gecko ... Trapper dog, can you describe the noises ? 

Let's see...."tap tap tap tap tap tap ti-ti-tap tap tap tap tap tap ti-ti-ti-ti-tap" (that's the top end), and "konk klonk klonk klonk klonk klonk" (that's either the pistons hitting the cylinder walls, the compensator, the crank, or the result of getting the bike wet, nobody knows for sure).  I've had the 2800 rpm knocking since new and a top end that sounds like a Shovel since about new.  See nearly every post by Hoist! regarding how to fix them  :D
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 05:48:11 PM »

Let's see...."tap tap tap tap tap tap ti-ti-tap tap tap tap tap tap ti-ti-ti-ti-tap" (that's the top end), and "konk klonk klonk klonk klonk klonk" (that's either the pistons hitting the cylinder walls, the compensator, the crank, or the result of getting the bike wet, nobody knows for sure).  I've had the 2800 rpm knocking since new and a top end that sounds like a Shovel since about new.  See nearly every post by Hoist! regarding how to fix them  :D
Ditto that. Much louder under load assending. Still going strong though, tap tap tap knock knock on wood.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 07:08:44 PM by trapperdog »

Kool Rider

• 07 FLHTRSE3 SERK
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 01:53:42 AM »

I am a newbie here...  I am sorry if this question was asked 100 times.

Was this recall on all 110 CU IN engines or specifically the 07 SERK?  Were all the engines recalled or just a fabrication date range?  If a motorcycle is beyond the warranty and the recall has not been done, will a dealer perform the recall at no cost?

Kool Rider
Southern Nevada

Make the best out of everyday because the future is unknown.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 07:12:24 AM »

The recall (enhancement) was for all 110's, you should have received letter from the MOCO, warranty has nothing to do with it, we have 2 years to have it done and think it runs out Aug. 2010. I have not had the recall done to mine yet, might wait until this winter when the shop is not busy to take mine in.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

touareg

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 07:51:31 AM »

Now  it leaks.

Touareg

Kool Rider

• 07 FLHTRSE3 SERK
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 11:05:07 PM »

I had the engine enhancement work done today.  I had 3000 miles and it did not show any leaks yet.  They replaced the head gasket and a TC filter element (Dont know where that is.. :nixweiss:).  All that work was done at no charge to me but they also found a nail in my rear tire so I did not get out of there without shedding a few $100 bills.

Anyway, I love the bike and hope to ride without issues for a long time.

:)
Kool Rider
Southern Nevada

Make the best out of everyday because the future is unknown.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 04:29:58 AM »

Now  it leaks.

Touareg

Should have kept my mouth shut, in the shop now.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.