Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: New Zipper's High Flow Air Filters Now In Stock!  (Read 9992 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: New Zipper's High Flow Air Filters Now In Stoc
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2005, 04:57:29 PM »

jd,

The higher flow unit will cause the cover to stick out an additional 5/8".  That will be an issue for me, so I'll be ordering the standard size filter.  [highlight]Still a big improvement over the cheapo paper element that came with the SE kit.[/highlight]

Jerry

They're not putting a washable oiled gauze-type filter in the SE kits anymore?  I knew they had quit using K&Ns, but I thought they just switched to a different (though similar) supplier. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Thumper007

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2005, 09:41:08 PM »

would the new zippers air filter require (your dyno tune) to be  screwed up, due to more flow going threw your motor, i have a se stage 1 element, i just paid   200$ to get it dyno'ed

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 10:01:04 PM »

The new one Harley is selling is a piece of CHIT.   I had bought one and within 2 weeks the blue foam material had already broken down and was falling apart.  This is a DRY FILTER.   I finally was able to buy another K&N from a friend of mine.

If you had the K&N or want the K&N style you can purchase the Ness Big Sucker Filter it fits perfectly and it has the same bolt pattern as the K&N and Harley do.   I tested this yesterday at Millers Custom Parts with their parts guy.  

Personally I am going to switch over to the Zippers due to the increased air flow and the fact that the air cleaner I have from them currently is nearing a year old and has given me 0 reasons to switch to anything else.

-harry
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 12:00:27 AM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 10:05:56 PM »

Thumper,

I don't think you are going to have any issues with the increased air.   Not saying you wont, but I doubt it if you already have the screaming eagle air filter or ness big sucker air filter.  If you want to test something very limitedly in your garage or driveway try taking off your air cleaner and run the bike without it for a few minutes.   I did not say go out on the road and take it for a drive.  This will be more air than you would have with the air cleaner, but you will see if starting and idling will give you issues :).  It may help you decide.

-harry
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 10:34:16 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 10:10:24 PM »

They're not putting a washable oiled gauze-type filter in the SE kits anymore?  I knew they had quit using K&Ns, but I thought they just switched to a different (though similar) supplier. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

New H-D air filter = DUNG!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2005, 10:13:43 PM »

And I remember someone telling me that "new math" and algebra were hard.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2005, 10:35:11 PM »

Don,

Cryptic is so much more fun, cause when they get it, it makes sense.   Until then its still cryptic.

:)

but alas I gave in and fixed it the they in this case = HARLEY DAVIDSON    Their newest replacement for the K&N Filter that used to come with the SE High Flow Air cleaner now = a paper piece of chit.

/The End.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 12:02:38 AM by Unbalanced »

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2005, 06:47:36 PM »

John K.,

I received the Throttle Body and the Air Cleaner and backing plate today from UPS.  I just spoke to Jim and we will probably install it early next week when he has time to redyno it.

Thanks again,

-harry

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2005, 02:58:47 PM »

Does this air filter back plate compare to the Arlen Ness Big Sucker? And also I see alot of stuff from and about "Zippers" whats the affiliation with them,just curious.   Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2005, 06:51:33 PM »

Big,  

My affiliation is I like their products and I helped a friend of mine down the path to become a reseller for them as well as an authorized dyno tuning center for the thundermax ecm.  Until Bragging Rights Mobile Dyno became an authorized center we had none in the South East.

As far as the cams / heads go I happened to meet with the owner of Zippers at biketoberfest and it just so happened he needed heads to run a prototype on since ours are vin restricted and I happened to have 2 sets in the garage on top of the 2 sets on my bikes.   From there a friendly relationship grew and since I have Jim with the dyno not to far from me he asked if we could test them in a CVO bike to get results for them.   I said I would love to be on the ground floor and thus you have your answer.  I figured not only does it help me, but may help lots of other guys here too.

If you need more info your welcome to email me at unbalanced@bellsouth.net

-Harry

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2005, 08:13:45 AM »

Thats cool Harry. I guess an endorsement from a member of this site is as good as it gets.But also I was asking if the Zippers Air Filter is equivalent to the Ness Big Sucker.Let me know because I'm in the market for it.  Thanks again.   Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2005, 08:44:42 AM »

Thats cool Harry. I guess an endorsement from a member of this site is as good as it gets.But also I was asking if the Zippers Air Filter is equivalent to the Ness Big Sucker.Let me know because I'm in the market for it.  Thanks again.   Q
Big Daddy,

The Ness filter comes in two flavors; the stage one is the same size as the SE part, and the stage two is the higher flow part similar to the Zipper's filter mentioned here.  [highlight]Clarification: similar in flow, not size.  The Zipper's is tapered to fit with a stock cover, the Ness is not and requires an 8" cover.  See photo, Stage 1 top, Stage 2 bottom.[/highlight]
Jerry
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 10:28:07 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2005, 02:30:32 PM »

I just found out from a tech. at my dealer that HD wanted K&N to produce all their air filters; that includes all stock production bikes plus the SE line. K&N said they could never supply all the filters without building a new factory. So HD decided to go elswhere. And that the new paper element is on the fourth upgrade.
  I think I'll pass on the new paper filter from HD and stick with K&N especially the new one from Zippers.

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2006, 11:30:44 PM »

Just did a dyno run comparison on a stock 2006 FLHTSEI between the stock air filter, SE filter and our new deep filter.  Bone stock bike otherwise.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2006, 06:13:41 AM »

Just did a dyno run comparison on a stock 2006 FLHTSEI between the stock air filter, SE filter and our new deep filter.  Bone stock bike otherwise.

Do you have the A/F mixture also...wonder how much Leaner it was since you made no other changes...

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.