Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squelch level increased  (Read 723 times)

AusieCVO

Squelch level increased
« on: October 29, 2009, 09:12:03 AM »

My SEEG has just run out of warranty and so now I can fix what the dealer wouldn’t.

I had complained about the CB cutting out and the fairing being loose and the hydraulic clutch not having enough clearance.

Fairing lose - Both LH Brackets were broken (Replaced)
CB              - The antenna connector on the rear of the radio was so lose it wasn't allowing the antenna to be earthed.
Hydraulic Clutch - The fluid in the reservoir was more like black oil. This was replaced and the system was bled. The fluid within the lines contained about 2 tablespoons of water. When going into 1st gear there is only a clunk, not the lurch forward.

I found a heap of plugs in the batwing not connected properly, these were subsequently cleaned with contact cleaner and re-assembled.

The problem:

Since the CB coupling has been tightened I have to have the squelch set at about 5 bars compared to the original 2-3... would this be because the signal being supplied is much stronger and consistent?

At The end of the day, all I have to say is, there was little to no attempt at trying to do a decent job with the electrics.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Aus
La vie est belle.....vis avec!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Squelch level increased
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 11:09:50 AM »

Sounds like you had an unfortunately not unusual dealer experience.  Guess we just have to be glad we can actually sort out ourselves most of the things the dealer service departments can't or won't.

AusieCVO

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 04:39:57 AM »

A nice run with my local HOG chapter last weekend provided some good news. My radio not only worked, but it worked much better than expected. I was at the tail and the lead bike was at the front, I deliberately fell back a good distance and found that my range had increased from line-of-sight to close to six miles as the crow flies.

There was no cut out in transmission and the other rider said my transmission was crystal clear and very strong.

Looks like I did it right.  :orange:

Cheers
La vie est belle.....vis avec!

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 05:43:49 AM »

I try and sort things out myself for 2 reasons.

I learn more about the bike I am riding.

And I am not on the clock when doing modifications or troubleshooting something.

I find my work is more complete and clean compared to the dealerships.

When it comes to warranty work I shouldn't be screwing with.....my hands are kinda tied.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.