Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Cylinders & Pistons ... and Fuel Pak  (Read 1509 times)

Two Wheels

• Junior CVO Member
New Cylinders & Pistons ... and Fuel Pak
« on: October 30, 2009, 07:09:48 PM »

Gents:

On a 2007 SE Road King, I just had the shop put in brand new (2010) cylinders & pistons via my extended wararnty as the sleeves were loose.  Prior to this work being done, had V & H Monster Ovals and Fuel Pak in the bike.

now bike feels a little "rough".  Sounds a bit "off".   I am going ot get a TTS Masterune and Dyno done eventually to smooth everything out, but just curious ... if the fuel pak was working well before the fix above, could it be off with new pistons and cylinders ? 

Shouldnt the same downloaded fuel pak map work with the above fix ?   

I have no idea on such matters (but Im learning) ... !

thank S!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: New Cylinders & Pistons ... and Fuel Pak
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 07:21:15 PM »

Gents:

On a 2007 SE Road King, I just had the shop put in brand new (2010) cylinders & pistons via my extended wararnty as the sleeves were loose.  Prior to this work being done, had V & H Monster Ovals and Fuel Pak in the bike.

now bike feels a little "rough".  Sounds a bit "off".   I am going ot get a TTS Masterune and Dyno done eventually to smooth everything out, but just curious ... if the fuel pak was working well before the fix above, could it be off with new pistons and cylinders ?  

thank S!

Changing the pistons and cylinders with the exact same ones, and no other work done, should affect absolutely NOTHING on your tune. (unless they messed something else up doing the job)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: New Cylinders & Pistons ... and Fuel Pak
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 11:36:26 AM »

Gents:

On a 2007 SE Road King, I just had the shop put in brand new (2010) cylinders & pistons via my extended wararnty as the sleeves were loose.  Prior to this work being done, had V & H Monster Ovals and Fuel Pak in the bike.

now bike feels a little "rough".  Sounds a bit "off".   I am going ot get a TTS Masterune and Dyno done eventually to smooth everything out, but just curious ... if the fuel pak was working well before the fix above, could it be off with new pistons and cylinders ? 

thank S!

2010 cylinders would not be black, may be updated part numbers.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Page created in 0.436 seconds with 21 queries.