Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: 6 speed  (Read 17620 times)

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
Re: 6 speed
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2006, 09:00:08 PM »

Hubbard

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2006, 09:17:07 PM »

Oh oh, looks like you're starting to get a mixed bag going... [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

OUCH!.........He got you there, SPIDERMAN!  ;) I can't answer your ratio question.  :'( It's on here somewhere, though.  I looked for it, but to no avail.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2006, 10:36:25 PM »

OUCH!.........He got you there, SPIDERMAN!

tmo465

• Junior CVO Member
  • 05 SE Glide,,,niceeee eeeeee
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2006, 08:46:53 AM »

sfisch...

The part numbers for the 3:37 set up...and they are Harley parts.

24T compensating sproket, 40269-85A

37T clutch hub, 37846-99A

I would have the dealer double check the numbers as I naturally cannot put my hands on the reciept for my parts at the moment.  

These parts were standard on the earlier touring bikes. 99 thru 01 I
believe.

Tom

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2006, 10:15:30 AM »

No ouch, I said at the start of that post that I expected disagreement That also may mean someone is gonna read my posts for awhile to see if they can make a connection that doesn't really exist.

Motor --trans
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 10:20:45 AM by GROVER »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2006, 12:35:43 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Grover,
  Are not the Stroker Flywheels JIM's?  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2006, 05:09:57 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Grover,

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2006, 06:47:36 PM »

That's absolutely correct! That's what's so frustrating about such a comment made in another thread. Basically stating that if anyone uses parts other than HD/SE in your HD motor, that it will have a "mixed bag motor" and break down!
Most of us know that most of HD's parts are outsoursed!
But I guess it makes a big difference in reliability if it says GENUINE HD on the box!!
Did you know that HD has their own oil refinery hidden in Milwaukee?!!

Just like most of their chrome addons say Genuine HD [size=8]made in tawain[/size] on the box!
Just like most of the motorclothes and boots Genuine HD [size=8]made in China[/size]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 09:51:51 PM by GROVER »

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2006, 04:37:39 PM »

I have asked before & got no replies about this. Does that mean the opinion of this low cost kit is crap or no one saw it?

The Ultima
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2006, 04:44:27 PM »

Another one,

TRIK SHIFT
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2006, 05:45:44 PM »

I have asked before & got no replies about this.

Aussie, not a tranny vendor I've run in to before.  Also, I assume you've already done as I just did for you and tried using the site's search tool to see if they'd ever come up before.  Like me, I assume you found no reference to them either  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ?

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2006, 02:13:42 AM »

Sorry boyz,
   If I put a 6 speed in my bike.....I want it get me there quicker (gear it down).  I ride aggressivly,  and when I turn the throttle I need to feel acceleration (acceleration is measured as a function of distance/time).  That said,  I want to get there as quickly as possible.  (add the dry weight of the vehicle,  total TQ and HP (TQ bigger consideration on heavy bikes)  made to get the power to weight ratio) and you can calculate an outcome.  6 speeds are a terrific mod to change the final grear ratio,  but on heavy bikes,  don't do much improve engine life (we can all talk about lowering our RMP by 2 to 3 hundered in top gear,  but what does that exactly translate too???????  I've done the high compresion engines,  had to baby them through the desert ( stay in a lower gear and let the engine spin),  but at the end of the day,  what are we looking for........My opinion is performance.....  Gear it down (not gonna hurt anything.....let the little bastard spin a little more....with good maintenance....no issue).  Conclusion is that if you want acceleration,  with little mods (acceleration to me is plain fun to ride)....gear it down and have some fun.........  I May be wrobg...and I'm sure you fellas will cut me apart for this post......
Shooting range is open........
All the best.....

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2006, 03:19:42 AM »

Screamin,

I disagree a bit which is why in my 124 i put the Baker R2 .. taller first and 2nd gear for racing and a 6th gear to cruise with after i am done racing light to light.   This transmission is made specifically for racing, might want to check it out.  Best of both worlds and on top of it i put in a 21 tooth counter sprocket to get there even faster.  

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Wckd One

• Wckd One
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2006, 10:58:56 AM »

Sorry Beagle,

I put the six speed in my bike... but not to get me there quicker. You see I have an Ultra with lots of cargo space, a comfy seat, stereo, ect... in other words the bike is ment to do miles, lots of miles in a day. Being able to drop the RPMs down 500 to 600 while cruising on the open road is very nice! Little less drone on the ears, little less vibration, little more fuel economy, its all good. It won't help me shave a 1/100th sacond off my quarter mile time though due to the lack of it inceasing my distance per time (thanks for the definition) ratio.

I do have one problem with the 6-speed, cruising at 85-90, I sometimes look for a 7th gear.
"Life is to enjoy, not to endure"

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2006, 07:49:26 PM »

Screamin,

I disagree a bit which is why in[highlight] my 124 i put the Baker R2 .. taller first and 2nd gear for racing and a 6th gear to cruise [/highlight]with after i am done racing light to light.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.451 seconds with 21 queries.