Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New Progressive Monotube system  (Read 6731 times)

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
Re: New Progressive Monotube system
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 09:46:03 AM »

MIne took 2 1/2 hrs to replace the Monotubes with the Ricor Intimimators. At $70.00/hr = $175.00 total.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 09:55:01 AM »

MIne took 2 1/2 hrs to replace the Monotubes with the Ricor Intimimators. At $70.00/hr = $175.00 total.

I am still on the fence whether to install the monotubes with the spacers.  How much were the Ricors and where did you buy them?  Thanks
Greg
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 02:36:38 PM »

Ricor is a member of this site, and I think they were running a special that has been extended.  Give them a shout.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=35516.msg567372#msg567372

Jerry

I've always had good results with Progressive products in the past, but I have no experience with the monotube product so I can't offer any fact based recommendation one way or the other.  It does surprise me that the customer service response posted by Indenial was so poor; I guess that just shows that nothing remains the same forever.  The fact that they don't discuss setting ride height in their instructions also bothers me, since it was always part of the process when replacing stock springs with their progressive springs.  Spacers (plastic pipe) were always included, along with instructions on setting the preload.  I think it is absolutely imperative that you set ride height when changing front end components, since it affects ride, handling, and even safety (it affects rake and trail). 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 02:47:02 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

480Ruger

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 03:27:44 PM »

I have all the info in the box for installing the monotubes with spacers.  Waiting on the 940s to get there this week before I put them in.  Customer service was great.  I talked to their tech for 30 minutes then ordered from OneStopMoto.  I'll post later on the outcome. 
03 FLSTFI
   95" stage 3
04 VRSCB
   PC-3
   Rhineharts
10 FLHTCUSE5
   Bub 7 TDX
   Zipper's MaxFlow
   Tmax

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 04:45:06 PM »

If memory serves me, Indenial was the only one to report a bad experience with the monotubes.  Perhaps with  proper installation of the spacers his issue will be resolved.  The poor customer service is an entirely different problem.  I will attempt to talk to the same person that "dropped the ball" for an explanation.

If only they designed the product properly.  We shouldn't have to be mechanics and engineers as a condition to being able to enjoy riding motorcycles.  Sure does detract from the overall experience.       
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 08:47:13 PM »

IROAR, sent you a PM with some phone numbers
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.