Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tour Pak Detach hardware on 2010 Ultra using aftermarket Shocks  (Read 1104 times)

2UP3DOWN

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2UP3DOWN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTCUTGSE - Sunset Orange &amp Sunset Black
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Silver Surfer - 2013 FLHRSE5 Crushed Saphire

OK...  odd question for you guys...

I made my TP detachable... no big deal.  In fact, the TP is sitting on the shelf as I write...

The strange thing I noticed after putting on a set of Progressive shocks, the front hooks of the detachable TP and also my lugguge rack no longer fit into that small space where the shocks bolt to the top part of the bike.

Looking at the stock HD shocks, there is a flare to the top of the shock that actually makes that space a little wider so detachable hardware can be attached...

The rub is as long as I stay with the Progressives I can not put my TP back on...  I'm trying to find a small washer that will fit on both sides that will increase that space to make the TP fit...

Anyone else experience this after adding aftermarket shocks whilst having a detachable TP setup..?  Just curious.  I'll try and shoot some pictures later to show the detail of what I'm seeing...

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Tour Pak Detach hardware on 2010 Ultra using aftermarket Shocks
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 09:33:31 PM »

What is most likely happening is the shock bushing is coming out of the shock and onto the boss that the rack goes into. This happens as there is not much of a shoulder on the frame boss. I have seen this with other aftermarket shocks. All that is needed is a "AN" type washer between the shock bushing and the frame on the shock mount. This will prevent the bushing from coming out of the shock onto the frame.

2UP3DOWN

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2UP3DOWN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTCUTGSE - Sunset Orange &amp Sunset Black
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Silver Surfer - 2013 FLHRSE5 Crushed Saphire
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 09:42:59 PM »

What is most likely happening is the shock bushing is coming out of the shock and onto the boss that the rack goes into. This happens as there is not much of a shoulder on the frame boss. I have seen this with other aftermarket shocks. All that is needed is a "AN" type washer between the shock bushing and the frame on the shock mount. This will prevent the bushing from coming out of the shock onto the frame.

Thanks Jim.  That'll be my next step  :2vrolijk_21:

jcraig147

• Full CVO Member
  • Batmobike 757 of 999

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-BLK
    • CVO2: 2004 Fatboy
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 12:32:26 AM »

Did you get the detach hardware from Harley?

Joe
Fullsac Stage 1, 2 in Cores, TTS Tuner

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.