Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Race tuner  (Read 5181 times)

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Race tuner
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 06:59:26 PM »

I wouldnt count on on getting H or I.
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 12:50:19 PM »

I called MOCO Cust Service today and they said the disc version [highlight]G[/highlight] (PN 32117-01 G) is currently available and no, they won't send me a copy. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Guess it is not on the H-D webnet yet.  My dealer checked today and latest release listed is 32117-01F.  Whoever finds the G first please let us know what new maps there may be.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 02:43:36 PM »

Guess it is not on the H-D webnet yet.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 05:56:30 PM »

Hmmm... that's a new one for me.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2006, 07:38:45 PM »

I believe you will find that the F is on the box while the G is the designation for the software on the CD.    There are definately 2 different distinctions.   Please double check on the versioning.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 09:58:25 PM »

I believe you will find that the F is on the box while the G is the designation for the software on the CD.

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2006, 12:11:36 PM »

Was at the dealership today picking up the bike after first service.  Stopped by the parts desk and the rep opened an F version box and it had the G version disc!  Asked if he could pull up the PDF file and print it out?  (PD What? [smiley=nixweiss.gif])  He said he didn't have access to a PC to do that...  Oh well, at least it's out there but they do not have the disc in stock.

[highlight]So if anyone has connections with someone inside with access to the new box... [/highlight][smiley=oops.gif]

I did not get a copy of the file for mine but they ran 4th gear Roll-on and provided me with a print out.  (on the lean side between 2500 and 3500 in the mid 14-15 which corresponds with the printed copies of the Calibration at 14.4 in the same range.  They used the Calibration #36 to work off of to correct the Cold Start issue.

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 12:48:31 PM »

Here's a race tuner question that will really show my ignorance of the system, Is there enough variation built into the system to allow for different elevations ? I guess I was just wondering if when we all get up into the Rockies, we won't all be running too rich. Do the race tuners parameters allow for the change ? The way the bikes are set up from the factory doesn't cause any problems. At least my old bike didn't have any problems when I was out in the Rockies. How much flexibility do they have ?
 I once drove a 71 Challenger equipped with  a 750 Holley to my in-laws in Denver. It ran great back here but out there after a nights cruising, It needed the plugs changed. That was just at 5000 feet not 14,000 feet. I was afraid to take it to the mountains, so we used my in-laws car to go there. I realize that the fuel injection and electronics are  more forgiving but I was just curious.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 01:59:38 PM »

Here's a race tuner question that will really show my ignorance of the system, Is there enough variation built into the system to allow for different elevations ? I guess I was just wondering if when we all get up into the Rockies, we won't all be running too rich. Do the race tuners parameters allow for the change ? The way the bikes are set up from the factory doesn't cause any problems. At least my old bike didn't have any problems when I was out in the Rockies. How much flexibility do they have ?
 I once drove a 71 Challenger equipped with  a 750 Holley to my in-laws in Denver. It ran great back here but out there after a nights cruising, It needed the plugs changed. That was just at 5000 feet not 14,000 feet. I was afraid to take it to the mountains, so we used my in-laws car to go there. I realize that the fuel injection and electronics are  more forgiving but I was just curious.

Most people use the RaceTuner to set a base map and from there the ECM does all the remaining changes automatically for such as changes in air pressure / elevation.   So you should have no problems going from sea level to the rockies and should not see really any derivation in the way the bike runs.  

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 05:30:23 PM »

Harry is correct.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 09:05:53 AM by magicl1 »

sqrrl24

• Full CVO Member
  • Lead follow or get out of the way!!!!

• CVO1: 05 seeg yellow
    • CVO2: 04 seeg org/blk
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2006, 08:17:14 PM »

Has anybody acutualy got disc version F or G? I need a copy of G if I can get it. I herd today HD has droped the SERT has anybody else herd that?
05 SEEG White Bros 2-1,RT,SE/AC[smiley=banana.gif]
04 SEEG Rineharts Thundermax, Zippers AC  [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
02 FATBOY

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2006, 09:34:39 PM »

My SERT disc is the "G" version but I shared its contents to Unbalanced and he said that it was not much help. You might PM him and get his take on it. I just don't know that much about the subject.

sqrrl24

• Full CVO Member
  • Lead follow or get out of the way!!!!

• CVO1: 05 seeg yellow
    • CVO2: 04 seeg org/blk
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2006, 10:09:02 PM »

My SERT disc is the "G" version but I shared its contents to Unbalanced and he said that it was not much help. You might PM him and get his take on it. I just don't know that much about the subject.
Thank you.
05 SEEG White Bros 2-1,RT,SE/AC[smiley=banana.gif]
04 SEEG Rineharts Thundermax, Zippers AC  [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
02 FATBOY

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2006, 11:46:45 PM »

I've been reading this thread and after sqrrl24 said HD was dropping the RT I was wondering what would take it's place? After dealer installed 95 kit, RT, rhinharts, cams and SE air cleaner they didn't have a download for an 06 "they said". Ran like S#$t and told me don't worry it's under warrenty. Next I went to independent shop, their I installed SE proformance heads, S&S 510 cams, PCIII and barnett clutch. This shop had a dyno and guy was certified so I was convinced this was way to go based on his experience, (his word). Bike still had a stutter or hasitation at about 2200 to 2800 rpm. Went back to stealership and paid 100.00 for a new download that matched my additional componets, ie; heads, cams and removed PCIII that other guy installed. Left "stealership" and bike still ran with same stutter at low rpm. I decided to get in touch with "JC", whom I'd ran into at easyriders this year. Which I should add, that I hadn't seen in about 30 years. A God thing I've come to  believe. Anyway he suggested I take bike to Sac HD for dyno tunning, which I did and to make a long story shorter, my bike now runs great. I posted the dyno a couple of weeks ago but it was somewhere around 97-8 & 101-2 which I'm fairly OK with. OCD is and will always be alive and busy.... Oh, JC don't let all these cuddo's go to your head, HA!. Just kiddin man, this site is the greatest, like having a mentor or older brother to run stuff by so you can eliminate a little trial and error, thank God. By the way that includes, Jim, Andy, Ernie, Don, Dave and everyone else I've enjoyed meeting in the last few months.
   Ok, back to original thread, what will take place of RT to make adjustments to computer if you change componets such as I did. I only ask this for my next bike , of course. Which will more than likely be a CVO, if I have any smarts. Right JC, yeah. See ya all later, Jon

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2006, 01:35:56 AM »

Disc G is of no help for 06 CVO.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 01:39:35 AM by magicl1 »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.