Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wheel&Tire warranty  (Read 1706 times)

TLC

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FXSTSSE3
Wheel&Tire warranty
« on: November 09, 2010, 06:11:10 PM »

Well it finally happened,I was riding home from the dealership today and decided to  take the long way through town and ended up with a bolt or metal in my 240 rear tire on the 09 Springer with only 2500 miles.Luckily I made it home as it was leaking some.Called dealership right away and will pick it up soon to be fixed.Tomorrow is another 70 degree day but I wont be riding :'(I will have to go home after work and find the warranty number card for them.Has this happened to many others?1st time for me in almost 30 years.After paying full price for the warranty I guess it will pay for itself after all.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 06:12:42 PM by TLC »

Limited Lou

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLHTCUI
Re: Wheel&Tire warranty
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 06:39:10 PM »

You shouldn't need the card, you should be in the computor through your Vin #...
2008 FLHTCUI
Olive Pearl/Vivid Black

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 06:24:19 PM »

Had a sheetrock screw in my front tire. Warranty paid.
kb

TLC

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 09:05:15 PM »

Bike tire was flat this morning so aired it up and they picked it up so I rode with them in the truck.Tire got replaced and they said if no warranty it would have been $360 for the rear and labor.On the inside of the tire was a bolt or rod about 3 inches long,hope it did not hurt the rim any.They said they did not see any damage.I think they were going to use it to show people what can happen with no warranty.That tire ought to be a good sales point for buying the tire and wheel warranty.So bike is happily back home safe and sound.

Mount'nman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: FXSBSE (2014)
    • Family Web Site
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 10:00:32 PM »

Good info.. as knee jerk reaction I almost declined that insurance but thought about it for a while and took it...  Probably the correct choice...
Bike... and family protected by Ruger

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 02:39:45 PM »

Trying to sell my bike to buy a new SESG, thinking about the wheel warranty. How much extra is it, how do you feel about being stuck with the stock Dunlops, don't hear real good things about the tires.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 03:23:12 PM »

Both my 08 SG and the 09 SERG have Tire and wheel waranty package.

ITs a great deal if you ride a lot. you only replace tires if they actually wear out.

Punctures, pothole damage are covered. in general, if you replace  tires in that perior it pays for itself and then some.

My 03 Fatboy caught a nail at 2400 miles and I had to eat that one...

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 03:26:28 PM »

My '08 came with the T&W warranty when I bought it used....had an almost new front tire and a brand new rear....so was probably woth it to the original owner.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

TLC

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 11:19:05 PM »

I think it cost around $400 or so,I was planning on getting an Avon 250 for the next rear tire but will have to wait longer now.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 10:38:04 PM »

$481.00 here in Toronto, Canada.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 04:48:13 PM »

You can buy the tire/wheel warranty separately now...used to have to get it with the ESP.  It's been worth it for me.  Two different bikes, three tires (two rears and a front).  Rear tire took a sheet metal screw, had over 9K miles on it when it took it to the dealer and it still had "usable" tread life, so the warranty covered it...brand new rear tire, no cost to me.  Front tire on same bike took a nail, had about 12K on it.  Replaced no questions asked again.  Third was a rear tire on another bike, took another sheet screw, (I know if I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all), unfortunately, I only had about 3K on that one, but once again, replaced, no questions asked.  So two different bikes but three tires, more than paid for.  With my luck and picking up road trash, I carry a portable air pump and a plugging kit in my saddle bag...just sayin'....

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.