Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Valve noise on 2006 CUSE  (Read 4934 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Valve noise on 2006 CUSE
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 05:43:24 PM »

SEUltra,
If this were me to verify this you might consider draining the tank easy to do just smelly and go get some fresh gas from say a Chevron or a BP / Amoco and put in a bit more than they suggest octane booster and go ride for 30 minutes it will either help or it won't and it may save you a trip to the doctor you know.  Detuning to accept bad gas is not something i would want to do its why i try to use only Chevron and Amoco / bp gas.

Good luck either way.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 06:28:25 PM »

HARRY I just got off the phone with a friend of mine that is a petro engineer. He advised me when I questioned the abrupt rise in gas prices that the OIL COMPANIES are making our fuel more enviromentally friendly by adding 15% ethenol. Ain't this some $hit!!!!!  I would think he SEULTRA has a problem from within. All he needs is to let his 103 breath. Remember he an 06 model which has a catylast muffler.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 06:50:31 PM »

I had read something related to this. More ethanol being added and the supply of corn was down, hence that's the reason fuel prices were rising. Seems to me somebody just wants the cost of fuel to go up, no matter who is getting the money/profit. [smiley=confused5.gif]

Dawg,
On that note, I can remember when I first got my bike there was a warning (in owners manual) concerning using some mixture of fuel (can't remember exactly what it was), but it stated it would do harm to our motors. With this new mixture of fuel, how will this effect our motors?

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 07:17:14 PM »

Dawg,

While that maybe true before he goes and removes the pipes and spends a lot of money he may want to be sure that its not an easy fix short term, based on additives.   Not saying he shouldnt change the pipes, but at least understand the root cause before spending bling on it.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2006, 08:36:20 PM »

Dawg,

While that maybe true before he goes and removes the pipes and spends a lot of money he may want to be sure that its not an easy fix short term, based on additives.
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2006, 09:46:26 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, SEULTRA,
  Here's a sure fix.  Take your 103 out, and buy one of those HD Coffee Tables, that are designed around a Twin-Cam Motor, for more decor in your Harley Room at Home.  Then, install a complete Zipper's 124, and presto, no more pingin'!  Just a thought, SE, just a thought.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2006, 10:05:47 PM »

Ya know, I never suspected bad gas and have not tried an octane booster. I've had 2 different tanks of gas from 2 different vendors/locations and the same thing is happening. It does kinda sound like the "run-on" in older cars (damn! We must be gettin' old...)
I particularly don't like the fact that it's doing it on acceleration in all gears when it's hot.

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 10:14:02 PM »

Bad gas, or possibly lower than advertised Octane....I had it on mine last fall when the gas prices went thru the roof, I don't know if they were putting lower octane in the tanks or what but mine started doing it out of the blue.  Not at all stations though, so if I filled up and it was doing it I'd dump in a little octane booster and it would go away in a few miles.  When prices started coming back down and gas supply to the area was back to near normal I quit having the problem, remainder of the octane boost is sittin on my shelf, want me to send it to ya??  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Try using name brand stations (Exxon, Sunoco.....) only, if ya can get Sunoco 94 then run that, they are few and far between around here.  Never had a problem from the name brand stations, but the Wawa's, Sheetz, Royal Farms and stuff like that seemed to be the issue.

Good thought... I'm going to see what the wrench at the dealer comes up with tomorrow (if anything) and will dump some octane booster into a full tank. BTW, what brand of octane booster did you use? How much of it did you add to a tank of gas? I expect there would be a ratio on the container.
I'd be happy if that was the fix... I always hate to chance having the scoot get even more screwed up after a visit to the dealer.... that's why I try to do as much as I can myself.

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 10:18:03 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, SEULTRA,
  Here's a sure fix.  Take your 103 out, and buy one of those HD Coffee Tables, that are designed around a Twin-Cam Motor, for more decor i[highlight]n your Harley Room at Home[/highlight].  Then, install a complete Zipper's 124, and presto, no more pingin'!  Just a thought, SE, just a thought.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD

Hey Hubbard.... how did you know I have a Harley room at my house??? :o
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 10:38:06 PM by SEULTRA »

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2006, 10:19:41 PM »

Good thought... I'm going to see what the wrench at the dealer comes up with tomorrow (if anything) and will dump some octane booster into a full tank. BTW, what brand of octane booster did you use? How much of it did you add to a tank of gas? I expect there would be a ratio on the container.
I'd be happy if that was the fix... I always hate to chance having the scoot get even more screwed up after a visit to the dealer.... that's why I try to do as much as I can myself.

Geez ya want me to get off my comfy couch and go see what brand it is????  It was whatever the biggest cheapest bottle of the stuff was at the local auto parts store..... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 10:36:07 PM »

I have a noise  in my 06 UCSE  in the top end after the motor is warmed up, that sounds similar to gravel in a mixer.  This noise showed up showed up after about 500 miles.  It also idles like chit after it is warmed up.  Took it in for the 1k service today and told the service manager about it.  He said they will get it fixed.

Also the cold start and coughing problem that everyone else is having, finally showed up over the weekend.  We were in the hill country in Texas and the morning temp was about 45 degrees yesterday morning and it did not want to start.  The bike at this point is totally stock.  No mods.  Maybe it needs some.

I have not had any pinging lilke I did with the 05 SEEG.  But then I figured out how to ride it and how it wanted to be ridden and then put  the SERT on it an all is well.

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 10:36:49 PM »

Geez ya want me to get off my comfy couch and go see what brand it is????  It was whatever the biggest cheapest bottle of the stuff was at the local auto parts store..... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Oh, sorry..... didn't mean to interrupt your .... 'er .... whatever it is that you were doing on the couch.  ;D

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2006, 08:00:22 AM »

Oh, sorry..... didn't mean to interrupt your .... 'er .... whatever it is that you were doing on the couch.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2006, 08:23:03 AM »

Don't worry SEULTRA he will have to get off the couch sooner or later .... :)   Its the law of bladder over fluids .... unless of course he is one of those mayonaise jar guys then it could be a while.

I was surprised to hear you had to go to the kitchen FR8TRN I would have figured all those comforts so close you had a small fridge hidden under a coffee table or sumthin.  

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2006, 04:40:01 PM »

Hey Hubbard.... how did you know I have a Harley room at my house??? :o
Don't we all. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Just some of us have the digital camera's to share pictures of our "shrines". ;D

/me thought he'd "bust" on himself before someone else did. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.