Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Valve noise on 2006 CUSE  (Read 4959 times)

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
Re: Valve noise on 2006 CUSE
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2006, 05:14:53 PM »

Don't we all. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [highlight]Just some of us have the digital camera's to share pictures of our "shrines"[/highlight]. ;D

Yeah, and it looks like chrome too!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 05:15:34 PM by SEULTRA »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2006, 05:42:36 PM »

SEULTRA,
You know there is a method to my madness...

/me thought he'd beat you to the punch!!!! [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2006, 09:15:55 AM »

HARRY I just got off the phone with a friend of mine that is a petro engineer. He advised me when I questioned the abrupt rise in gas prices that[highlight] the OIL COMPANIES are making our fuel more enviromentally friendly by adding 15% ethenol.[/highlight] Ain't this some $hit!!!!!
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2006, 09:26:04 AM »

On that note, I can remember when I first got my bike there was a warning (in owners manual) concerning using some mixture of fuel (can't remember exactly what it was), but it stated it would do harm to our motors. With this new mixture of fuel, how will this effect our motors?

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
'd00d,

The stuff you definitely want to avoid is methanol - it does evil things to the rubber and plastic parts in the fuel system.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2006, 09:36:39 AM »

HARRY I just got off the phone with a friend of mine that is a petro engineer. He advised me when I questioned the abrupt rise in gas prices that the OIL COMPANIES are making our fuel more enviromentally friendly by adding 15% ethenol. Ain't this some $hit!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 09:45:20 AM by Rjob749 »

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2006, 10:13:19 AM »

Has anyone had an issue with their 2006 CUSE where you get valve chatter when starting from a stop and also in other gears when the engine is fully warmed up? Chatter occurs when a moderate load is put on the engine. Bike is stock setup ... no AC, pipes or other engine mods (yet). Oil levels are good. Running AMSOIL. I have the lowers vents open. I just started noticing it this week since the ambient temperature has climbed above 70 degrees. Riding has been both a combo of city and open road. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Got the scoot back from the dealer yesterday PM. Their fix was to "install an update flash" presumably from the MOCO. Took it out and rode it for about 45 minutes in both city and highway driving. Ambient temp about 70. Bike starts and runs MUCH better. Started it up from cold this AM ambient temp about 50. Never coughed or sputtered. Warmed it for about 1 minute before riding. No hestitation/missing/coughing issues. Will report more when I ride this PM... temps supposed to be around 80. Will ride with the lower vents closed to test the heat issue. So far, so good. Could be a good fix. Nothing could please me more. (Well, ..... almost nothing!)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 11:07:41 AM by SEULTRA »

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2006, 08:46:28 PM »

Has anyone had an issue with their 2006 CUSE where you get valve chatter when starting from a stop and also in other gears when the engine is fully warmed up? Chatter occurs when a moderate load is put on the engine. Bike is stock setup ... no AC, pipes or other engine mods (yet). Oil levels are good. Running AMSOIL. I have the lowers vents open. I just started noticing it this week since the ambient temperature has climbed above 70 degrees. Riding has been both a combo of city and open road. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Mine had the problem described and got louder as the rpm climbed in any gear.
Turned out to be piston slap at 2000 miles. A new front jug and piston cured the problem.
Dave

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2006, 10:07:41 PM »

Mine had the problem described and got louder as the rpm climbed in any gear.
Turned out to be piston slap at 2000 miles. A new front jug and piston cured the problem.
Dave

Ouch!!! Hope the "Boo Boo" is all better. Mine seems to be running well as of now.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2006, 12:49:45 PM »

Got the scoot back from the dealer yesterday PM. Their fix was to "install an update flash" presumably from the MOCO. Took it out and rode it for about 45 minutes in both city and highway driving. Ambient temp about 70. Bike starts and runs MUCH better. Started it up from cold this AM ambient temp about 50. Never coughed or sputtered. Warmed it for about 1 minute before riding. No hestitation/missing/coughing issues. Will report more when I ride this PM... temps supposed to be around 80. Will ride with the lower vents closed to test the heat issue. So far, so good. Could be a good fix. Nothing could please me more. (Well, ..... almost nothing!)

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2006, 10:04:49 PM »

For those with similar issues.... I went by the dealer and spoke to the wrench that did the flash and he said that the factory installs a 06X map on the ECU to meet EPA requirements. He installed the 06B map in mine. It runs much better! No issues now with startup and driveability.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2006, 01:31:02 AM »

ac,rt,pipes=nice running bike ;)

stock will most likely ping in hot climate plus the fairing acts as an amplifier for every ping just to complete the annoyance, kind of like a built in ping monitor. :-/

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2006, 11:17:13 AM »

ac,rt,pipes=nice running bike ;)

stock will most likely ping in hot climate plus the fairing acts as an amplifier for every ping just to complete the annoyance, kind of like a built in ping monitor. :-/

Right you are... as soon as I get the $$$$$$$$ I'll be upgrading to that very thing.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.462 seconds with 22 queries.