Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Q's Day at the Dyno  (Read 4204 times)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Q's Day at the Dyno
« on: April 15, 2006, 09:50:37 AM »

Well finally had ok weather to ride up and get the PCIII USB installed and a custom map made. When I brought the scoot in it was running lean way off the chart. Heres how it went.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
Re: Q's Day at the Dyno
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 09:51:17 AM »

And more.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 09:58:24 AM »

Ol FrankenSERK is just about ready to be abused.

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 09:59:03 AM »

Hey Spidey back at ya.

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 09:59:32 AM »

Pulling.

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 10:01:16 AM »

And the results.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 10:03:31 AM by BigDaddy1569 »

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 10:04:50 AM »

I guess all in all not bad for a basically stock 95".Harry is it close to others you've seen?LMK.Later,Q

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 11:09:24 AM »

Q,
    Was that 4hp and 2 ft/lb just with the Dyno or did you have something else done?????I haven't had mine Dyno'd yet and was wondering if it was worth the $$$$$.

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 11:10:24 AM »

Yes it was.The dyno guy said thats average.

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 11:12:33 AM »

On the dyno sheet pic on the bottom check out the before and after on the air/fuel curve.Black line is before seriously lean,should be dancing on the red dotted line like it is now.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 11:17:48 AM »

I've got a generic map in mine now (loaded off the PC site).  It looks like it may be worth having it done....Hell,  it's only money (like I haven't spent enough on this thing already this year.......It's an addiction.
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 11:34:01 AM »

For 265.00 including custom map and all the pulls well worth it.

jachin72

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 07:56:45 PM »

Big Daddy,

How many pulls did it take before the tuner was happy with the AFR?

Thanks,

Steve

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 08:38:36 AM »

He did a base pull and about 6 more after that and tuned it at different throttle positions and RPM ranges as well.

jachin72

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 11:01:55 AM »

Big Daddy, thanks for the info. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 06:24:34 PM »

No sweat little buddy [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 10:40:11 PM »

Q,
Cool on your numbers, and that they tuned you up good.
I've been looking for a dyno tune, now I know where I can head too.
Mark [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Nice pics bro!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 10:40:47 PM by MYCVO »
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 08:05:06 AM »

Yea Mark the numbers were pretty good,I'm just glad that its now running the best it can.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 08:52:42 PM »

Great pics and info Q! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] About how long did it take from start to finish???

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 09:19:54 PM »

Q,
  My old eyes can barely read the fine print on the dyno-chart. 8-)  Does your Motor have have Stock 88 Heads?  Did you change the chip?  Is the TB stock?  Dyno sheets don't mean chit to me, as you should know, but I'm thinkin' that Motor ought to produce more than that.  Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 08:15:30 AM »

Great pics and info Q! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] About how long did it take from start to finish???

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 08:22:23 AM »

Q,

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 08:25:06 AM »

Q,

If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 08:47:04 AM »

Now Dave why would you think that? Personally I did the dyno tune to make sure with all the air mods i.e. more in more out that I wasn't running to lean and damage anything. Well I was running off the charts lean and the tune brought me where I should be.If the engine should be making more power than the dyno states then I don't know how to get it with out more work and as long as it runs like it does now then I'm satisfied. Like Hub said dyno charts don't mean chit. Later,Q

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 08:48:25 AM »

Q,

TB= Throttle Body

and there endeth the lesson.

sorry HUBBARD couldn't resist, its not to often i get to add value in the twinkie board
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 08:49:58 AM by naitram »
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 09:29:07 AM »

[highlight]twinkie board [/highlight]

What the hell does that mean? Oh and thanks for the TB clarification.And no I have no modifications of my "TB".

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2006, 09:54:19 AM »

a slang term for a twin-cam
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2006, 10:00:56 AM »

Last time I heard that slang term it was for a boyish looking homosexual type.Not that I know anything about that.Ask Spidey he may know a thing or 2 in that department. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2006, 11:18:43 AM »

Well Hub let me answer these in order. 1. It has the heads that came with the 95" SE kit or stock with the 02 SERK. 2. Yes I installed a PCIII USB. 3.What do you mean by TB.(Breather maybe)Its early and I'm not thinking yet.4. As the custom map process progresses the bike gets hotter and the numbers fall.As for the HP and TQ the tuner said that stock 88's make about 60 to 62 HP my 95 made about 79 HP he said that those were good numbers for just bolt on accessories.If anyone else has dyno numbers on a 95" with just breather air cleaner and pipe mods I would be interested.Hope that helps Hub.This is my first go round with a dyno. Later,Q

I've attached a dyno chart from my wifes FLHX; Stage II 95" kit, 203 cams, SE air cleaner and Freedom pipes.  The first run was a baseline run done before the pipes and PC were added but after the Stage II and factory download with stock pipes.

Dan
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2006, 12:27:13 PM »

Q,

TB= Throttle Body

and there endeth the lesson.

sorry HUBBARD couldn't resist, its not to often i get to add value in the twinkie board

[smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2006, 12:50:20 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Q,
  Like I said, I think your Motor should produce better numbers.  Look at WaSEEG's numbers on his FLHX.  Don't you guys have almost identical Mods, except you have RINEHART's?  Rounded up, he's about 90 HP, and 98 Torque.  'SUP?  Not trying to be difficult, just believe your Motor should produce better numbers.  Ah, hell, 'dem freakin' dyno-charts'll run you batty!  I'd bet if you and WaSEEG had the opportunity to turn 'em loose, it'd be a close, or heads up run.  JMO.  Later--HUBBARD  

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »

Yea Hubs if the trailer was open instead of closed and the motor had a chance to cool down before last pull maybe the numbers would go up,but like you said its a piece of paper,put em on the pavement and run em that will show what ya got. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2006, 09:48:06 AM »

Yea Hubs if the trailer was open instead of closed and the motor had a chance to cool down before last pull maybe the numbers would go up,but like you said its a piece of paper,put em on the pavement and run em that will show what ya got. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
how did you like the guy john who dyno'd the bike.
i thought he was a pretty nice guy.
he explained everything and lrt me stay in the trailer with him.
how do you like the rideabillty of the scoot now?

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 FLTRXSE BLACK & BLUE
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2006, 11:44:15 AM »

King...

SE-251 Cam??? Going by memory, isnt the the SE-251 cam a .579" lift? Aren't the stock heads on the FLHTCSE(2) only capable of a .575" lift? Have you changed the heads? Was the tolerance close enough to give it a whirl? Was the improvement over the stock SE-253 cams worth it? Lots of Qs, but if it was worth it, I'll drop mine off at the shop next week!

I love the SE-251 cams. I put them in the last bike I built (95" & HTCCs). I havent done so, because I didn't feel like spending the $$$ on heads, etc...

Your signature doesn't list different heads.

Please advise.
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2006, 11:51:41 AM »

I don't know where you got that info.If i posted it I was mistaken.its bone stock 95" SEII with 253 cams.No head work at all.Sorry for the confusion.

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 FLTRXSE BLACK & BLUE
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2006, 05:40:27 PM »

Not you Big Daddy...

King103, a member that replied to your post. His signature shows SE-253 cams.
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2006, 07:31:47 PM »

Cool I didn't think I posted that anywhere.

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2006, 10:19:07 AM »

King...

SE-251 Cam??? Going by memory, isnt the the SE-251 cam a .579" lift? Aren't the stock heads on the FLHTCSE(2) only capable of a .575" lift? Have you changed the heads? Was the tolerance close enough to give it a whirl? Was the improvement over the stock SE-253 cams worth it? Lots of Qs, but if it was worth it, I'll drop mine off at the shop next week!

I love the SE-251 cams. I put them in the last bike I built (95" & HTCCs). I havent done so, because I didn't feel like spending the $$$ on heads, etc...

Your signature doesn't list different heads.

Please advise.
yes, i have the 251 cams.
i have the stock heads. i changed out the springs to accomodate the high lift.
i had them check all of the clearances and tolerances.
if i am not mistaken the stock heads only accomodate a 565 lift.
the cam was recommended by the dealer beacause of the long exhaust.
i am happy with the change.
the torque comes in much earlier now.
i had a dyno sheet posted, but it got lost when there were problems with the site.
i have had it dynod since, but i cannot find the sheet.
here is an older one. i was not to happy with the tuner.he did not have the air fuel sniffer and tuned it by seat of the pants.
sinc i had it retuned, the max torque is about the same, but it is a much smoother graph.
i am happy with the cam. it was worth the money.

se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2006, 10:44:38 AM »

Hey Kng who dynoed it that you weren't happy with? Just curious if it was the same guy I went to.I think you said he was reputable in an earlier post.

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2006, 10:56:27 AM »

Hey Kng who dynoed it that you weren't happy with? Just curious if it was the same guy I went to.I think you said he was reputable in an earlier post.
i was happy with john at dyno solutions.
in fact, i changed the air cleaner set up, and going back again.
the other tuner did not have current software or sniffer>

se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2006, 11:04:43 AM »

Cool,I thought you had good things to say about him.He did right by me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 21 queries.