Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dyno tuner in eastern NC?  (Read 1233 times)

TankerPig

• Full CVO Member
  • Be careful, sobriety can make you do silly things!
Dyno tuner in eastern NC?
« on: April 23, 2006, 07:10:14 AM »

Has anyone found a dyno tuner somewhere in eastern NC that they have had a good experience with and would recommend?  I have found dozens of H-D dealers and mechanics in the general area who have the tuning capability, but would prefer to use the advice of someone who has already been.  I have not purchased a RT, PC, or TM yet, as I would like to talk to the tuner and get his advice and preference.  Thanks for the help in advance.

Mike
2005 Screamin Eagle Fatboy
V&H Big Shots Staggered
Zipper's High Flow Air Cleaner
PCIII USB
PM Contrast Cut Gasser wheels, pulley, rotors

hogasm

Re: Dyno tuner in eastern NC?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 08:58:33 AM »

Rocky Mount has a dyno for power commanders but the mechanic who ran it just left there for the Elizabeth City store. The owner of the EC store olso ownes the Portsmouth Va store. Call Scott in EC 252-338-8866 to see if he will be in the Va store to dial you in.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 09:50:17 AM »

I don't know if he uses a dyno or not but Kendall Johnson is supposed to know his stuff when dealing with motors and is in Winston/Salem N.C.You may want to check
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 10:30:14 AM by VaEagle »

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 10:51:07 AM »

Has anyone found a dyno tuner somewhere in eastern NC that they have had a good experience with and would recommend?
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

475wildey

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 03:15:07 PM »

If you are going to go with the Thunder Max at this time I would not worry about looking for a tuner,as all of thier maps are now made with O2 sensors in the pipes. It make the maps much faster and more accurate.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Is the thundermax using 2 o2 sensors and does it make map corrections..If i missunderstood your answer forgive my ignorance....
2005 fxdwg              
124 S&S                  
B2 heads                  
640 S&S cams    

TankerPig

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 06:58:54 PM »

I had heard mention that Zipper's was in the process of incorporating an o2 sensor for the TM, but I didn't know it was completed.  I may simply go with the TM then, seeing as it would be the most flexible.
I'll also check out the other leads, though, just to keep options open.  Thanks all!
V&H Big Shots Staggered
PCIII USB

hogasm

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »

TankerPig,
   The Portsmouth store I am refering to is Bayside Harley. Scott the mechanic I was aldo talking about will be there for the dino runs.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 09:08:55 PM »

Is the thundermax using 2 o2 sensors and does it make map corrections..If i missunderstood your answer forgive my ignorance....

At sometime the Thunder Max will have a software download that will allow you to use a closed loop system with 2 O2 sensors. They are getting the bugs out of the system as we speak. It will make map corrections as you drive.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

CVO_BAGR

• '00 FLTRSEI_'04 FLHTCSE_'09 FLTRSE3_CHRIS BOYETTE
    • NC

• CVO1: FLTRSE
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: FLTRSE3
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 11:11:32 PM »

Ditto on Kendall Johnson !! I was not satisfied enough with the tuners in my area and I took my SEEG with 500 miles on it to Kendall and he installed my Samson Caliber Pipes and Big Sucker Air Cleaner that I brought with me as well as sold me a Power Commander and installed it and done the Dyno work afterwards. The tuners in my area don't even have a exhaust sniffer for the dyno...at least not two years ago when mine was done. Kendall's son Zach is a real wiz on the EFI stuff and he did most of the tuning while Kendall looked on and verified what he was doing and his interpretations of the readouts. I had a friend of mine that has a '01 Ultra that a local builder hopped up the engine on, ( 95" 10.5 to 1's cams heads etc ), that could never get it "dialed in" and stop it from spark knocking etc. and I finally convinced him to take his bike to Kendall after he done mine and now his bike runs like a Singer Sewing Machine too !! Just my two cents guys....

TankerPig

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 03:31:48 PM »

I finally decided on the T-Max.  Zipper's doesn't have a map for my setup, but I spoke with Tony and he said Zipper's could do the dyno tune for me (I'm going to be moving to DC area soon), so we both win: they have a new map for their customers and I have a bike that will run stronger and will stop that dern'd backfiring  ;)
I feel a little better about the flexibility the T-Max seems to offer over the SERT and the PC.  I'm still learning about the technical details of all this, though, so if I'm off track and anyone has anything to offer, please tell me.  Thanks for all the input!!

Mike
V&H Big Shots Staggered
PCIII USB

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.