Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: IPOD Interface  (Read 10313 times)

07SEUC_KC

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE6
Re: IPOD Interface
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 08:20:10 PM »

So I started this thread and didn't give you my end result. Dealer did the install against MoCo words. Works Great on the 2011.5 !

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 03:30:36 AM »

Maybe I am thick sculled,

But I just don't get how they would put the 8 Gig Ipod system on my 2011 o&b CVO SG that I have enjoyed since last year, and not put it on my SEUC Big Blue coming???  How is that HD?  Why wouldn't ya???  Stupid.  At least offer it as an option or something.  HELLOooooo  HD....

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 04:52:02 AM »

You raise an excellent point regarding the '11 CVO RGU; it has the same head unit as the CUSE6.  So, replicating the wiring found in a CVO RGU for the ipod interface module on the CUSE6 would allow the ipod to work on the CUSE6.  

A comparison of the two wiring diagrams shows that chambers 8, 19, and 31 are used on the CVO RGU for the ipod (as they are on the SESG2 and on non-CVO bikes that add the ipod module), and are empty on the CUSE6.  And, if you look at the ipod connector (274B) on the CVO RG, it uses the seven wires identified in my earlier post.

The connector 6 on both bikes appears to be the same; the differences are the Harman Kardon radio pin outs (connector 28) used by the two models for their respective XM and iPod modules.  Those are unique to the specific module; the CAN + and - are shared for XM, CB, NIM, and iPod--those "tell" the HK that those modules/functions are present; and the power and ground are common, as well.

An owner of a CVO RGU who wanted to add XM would encounter similar wiring issues as the CUSE6 owner who wants to add the iPod module.  The radio will accommodate the accessory, but HD doesn't supply a plug and play harness for that application as it does for non-CVO bikes.

Carl

Uh, the SEURG has XM, NIM, and iPod interfaces installed at the factory, so not sure that explanation holds.  :nixweiss:
:devil:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:54:36 AM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 10:27:59 AM »

Uh, the SEURG has XM, NIM, and iPod interfaces installed at the factory, so not sure that explanation holds.  :nixweiss:
:devil:

My bad on the error regarding the CVO RGU's OEM audio features; the reply with the error has been edited.

The ipod interface module has been added to CUSE6's with modification to the harness/wiring supplied in the kit; the 6A and 6B connectors in the kit's harness (six wire connectors) won't mate to the 6A and 6B connectors (12 wire connectors) on the CUSE6.  However, by replicating the wiring on the CVO RGU, the ipod interface can be added to the CUSE6.

Carl   

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 04:44:46 PM »

Everything works great.....with the exception of volume.  I'm thinking I lost the amplifier and running off the radio.  Can't hear when riding, volume way too low radio, Ipod, XM and CD, that's why i think it's the amp?  Could I have blown the fuse?  Is there a fuse for the amp, if so, I would guess the main fuse box?  Maybe I shorted it out and fried it?  Hope not, OR is one of the pins for the Amp and maybe its not set in all the way?  Any thoughts?  Getting volume, but not as much as I should get, I also run HawgWired speakers and the system used to sound great at 80mph, now you can't hear chit?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 08:19:58 PM »

Everything works great.....with the exception of volume.  I'm thinking I lost the amplifier and running off the radio.  Can't hear when riding, volume way too low radio, Ipod, XM and CD, that's why i think it's the amp?  Could I have blown the fuse?  Is there a fuse for the amp, if so, I would guess the main fuse box?  Maybe I shorted it out and fried it?  Hope not, OR is one of the pins for the Amp and maybe its not set in all the way?  Any thoughts?  Getting volume, but not as much as I should get, I also run HawgWired speakers and the system used to sound great at 80mph, now you can't hear chit?

A Hawg Wired amp does have a separate fuse....whether or not you would hear anything at all if it were blown I don't know....never tried that.

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 12:50:58 AM »

Hawg Wired speakers, running the standard amplifier that came standard located under the tour pack.
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 05:58:01 AM »

Hawg Wired speakers, running the standard amplifier that came standard located under the tour pack.

OH sorry..my bad....can't help with that one...I'm sure someone with with an Ultra will chime in.

samir

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2013, 12:36:24 PM »

own a 2011 FLHTCUSE6 and decided to fit an ipod interface on that. the dealer connected that but disconnected the Garmin GPS interface.  he says there is only one connector and both gps interface and ipod interface can not be connected on the bike. can anyone advise.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2013, 10:27:07 PM »

Should just install the HDPDPlus from On The Move Technology and avoid the wiring hassle. I did and it works great.

It's available here:
http://www.onthemovetechnology.com/Pages/default.aspx

And here:

http://www.ironcrossaudio.com/ipod-harleydavidsonradio.html
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.