Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dyno tune problem and solution  (Read 1752 times)

candybrandy-rk

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Dyno tune problem and solution
« on: April 25, 2006, 12:04:56 AM »

I took my 02 serk in to get dyno-tuned last week.Tuner instantly had problems getting the air-fuel ratio to go below 18-1 no matter how much fuel he added.Checked for and found intake leak. Fixed intake leak and put back on dyno-no change in af ratio.After about 5 hours of trouble shooting(no codes came up) tech decided to try new injectors.The bike instantly responded and was tuned.Anyone else ever run into this?My dealer said he has never had a problem with injectors before.The bike only had 4700 miles on it.
2002 candy brandywine.power commander III.arlen ness big sucker.thunder cones

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Dyno tune problem and solution
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 08:44:38 AM »

Check out this thread, especially reply #3:  http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1145600218

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 FLTRXSE BLACK & BLUE
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 11:50:36 AM »

Candy,

To follow-up on Jerry's comments. The dealer was excellent about the repair when I had the problem. Where are you located? Are you tight with the dealer? The reason I am asking is an 02 SERK would be out of warranty, unless extened. And technically, pushing the edge of the envelope, a bad injecttor causing a/f ratio problems is an emissions issue. In which we all know emissions related items are a zero deducatable extended warranty from the factory.

Just some insight for you...
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

candybrandy-rk

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 11:31:05 PM »

Michael,I am in Montana and the dealer was very good with me I think. I did have to fork out 62.80 each for the injectors,but total labor for all troubleshooting and the dyno tune was 280.00. I suppose it wouldnt hurt to ask about the warranty though. Thanks for the tip

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 FLTRXSE BLACK & BLUE
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 11:52:33 AM »

More importantly,

Did the injectors fix it????
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

hardleyfatboy

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 07:23:46 PM »

"Did this fix the problem? I am having a similar problem with my 15 1550 Fatboy. I am wondering if the injectors I have are too small. I think they are the 8's.

candybrandy-rk

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 11:26:01 PM »

The injectors allowed the air fuel ratio to respond-The tuner was able to get it to about 13-1 where as before it would not change from 18-1. To me it still runs a little ragged,or at least sounds ragged but maybe that is the nature of my exhaust? I have the thunderheader slipons and it seems like it has a lot of intermittent popping throughout the rpm range.Anyone else running same exhaust experience this?

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 02:50:27 AM »

I run a Thunder Header on all of my bikes. Not slip ons though. You still should have no poping at all. If it still runs ragged then something is still wrong. What fuel injection mangement are you running? You may have a problem there as well.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 11:18:54 AM »

Hey Candy, I have a 02 SERK with Rinehart True Duals ,stage II flash on ECM and a Zippers high flow air filter.I added a PC III USB and dyno tuned it.Before the tune I had popping and my air fuel was at 18 to 1 as well.The tuner offered a canned map but I opted to have a custom map.He went through every throttle position and RPM range and tweaked the mix so I would have more or less a straight line at 13.1 or 13.2 throughout all the ranges.My bike now runs excellent and the popping is gone.Do you have a race tuner on your scoot and if you do what map are you running.A race tuner will help dial in your scoot for optimum performance. PM me if you have any specific questions. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

candybrandy-rk

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 11:07:21 PM »

Hey guys-I am using a power commander III r. The base map was the standard stage 2 from Harley. The power is good and I have 84 hp and 100.5 tq. To me the bike idles rough and has the popping issues.Everything else is stock 02 serk except big sucker ac and the thunderheader slipons and power commander.Bike seems to pull like a freight train! Any ideas appreciated-Thanks

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 08:10:07 AM »

That map your speaking of is that the map for the PC or the flash on the stock ECM? Did you get a custom map for the PC? I know when I installed my PC III USB the tuner said it was alot more difficult to map a IIIr.So I'm wondering if he installed a canned map vs. a custom one for your exact setup. LMK what was done at the tuners.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

candybrandy-rk

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 10:41:38 PM »

Sorry that was the ecu map I was talking about. I am not sure what map the pc had or what he used but I will check and let you know

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2006, 07:37:47 AM »

Cool.This as all new to me once as well.

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.