Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's your thoughts ?  (Read 1018 times)

slacker2

• Full CVO Member
  • Work Hard...Play Hard.
    • VT

• CVO1: V&H 2/1 ProHighOUTPUT pipe,58mm,10.5 high dome pistons, Hillside heads, RS A/C 625 S&S cams.LED headlight and drivers.
What's your thoughts ?
« on: April 08, 2011, 07:22:16 AM »

I've been to the moon and back on build options for my new FLHXSE2 that I,m signing papers on tomorrow morning.Research,research and more research I've had enough of research, Being a new ride and all I wanted to get rid of the heat issue and get a decent kick in the pants when I twist it.

I thought that I would post my choices and see what some people think. THANKS in advance for ALL the help everybody has been since I got here !!! Right or wrong.... this is it...I'm a 70's guy and I just can't go with a 2-1 exhaust, the duals on this bike are awesome.

1. Swap out the OEM A/C filter to K&N
                   2.  Fullsac "B" X-Pipe
                   3.  2 inch Power cores
                   4. Woods 555 cams w/ .30 head gasket
                   5. Master Tuner, cams come with map.

Steve George from Fullsac sent me a recent dyno on the same bike. it produced 107 hp w/ 112lbs.
    I have a located a good Tuner in my area,would you still have it dyno tuned ???
    I will be sure too post some pic's when I get it home. I've always named my bikes, and this guy's name is going to be GLORY. This thing is a real 10 in my book !
                                  Thanks Again ~Steve

Flying with the Eagles.
Stage III build by Palmer Brothers, DirectLink tuned by Joe's Cycles. One Happy Happy Bike.133T 140hp's

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
Re: What's your thoughts ?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 07:52:39 AM »

I just got mine with 57 mi on it a couple days ago.  Last year I had a 2010  Ultra Classic CVO with a 110.  based upon all that I read, I swapped out the pipe, changed mufflers, bought a TTS, got a dynotune...  Got 98 hp and 112 TQ.  It was a never ending quest to get it right, didn't like the sound of the mufflers, tried different ones then tried V tuning...  The bike seemed to be tuning itself out over time  and would run good again  when I would reload the map...   frustrating situation.

This Street Glide I got is stock with VH monster rounds added..  I have to tell you I am very surprised at how good the bike runs.  I am very tempted to just leave it and not enter the rabbit hole of never ending tuning questions. Harley has it pretty well dialed in.  As to the heat issue, it is cool weather here but when it gets warm out I may go with the XIED just to plug and play richen it up a touch. 

What you are considering sounds pretty good, and I may do something in the future.  You may be spoiled if you have had much more power in the past, but this bike stock, at least in the lower range where I normally ride, seems to run better than my ultra did after all the tuning gymnastix.  Maybe its because it is lighter?  I don't know. I just know I am gonna take my time and enjoy it a bit as is before opening the worm can.... ;D
2011 CVO Street Glide
Black Diamond with Crimson graphics
Wood 8 cams, 58mm TB, Hillside heads, (Changed to R&R cast heads, went from 115 hp 113 tq to 125 hp 124.73 tq)  D&D Bosscat Wrapped performance baffle, awesome sound!
Harley LED headlights and passing lamps
Focal spkrs and Arc Audio amp
Wild One Chubby bars 0575

slacker2

• Full CVO Member
  • Work Hard...Play Hard.
    • VT

• CVO1: V&H 2/1 ProHighOUTPUT pipe,58mm,10.5 high dome pistons, Hillside heads, RS A/C 625 S&S cams.LED headlight and drivers.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 08:03:37 AM »

You summed it up pretty well Dennis. That is one of the things that I wrestled over myself.
After my adds that I put on with tax the bike is knocking on $40,000.
 For that kind of money, I wanted to realize at least 100 ponies under the saddle. ~Steve
Flying with the Eagles.
Stage III build by Palmer Brothers, DirectLink tuned by Joe's Cycles. One Happy Happy Bike.133T 140hp's

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 04:03:24 PM »

I picked mine up on Tuesday night. I already had the X pipe, 2.25 cores and TTS tuner waiting. To me the bike just feels restricted!! You can almost feel a slight surge as your going down the road, my opinion is because it is so backed up. Last night I finished with the exhaust and tune, I only rode it down the street but it definitely flows better. My concern with the 2" cores is it wouldn't be loud enough. Steve told me "with the 555 cam, I actually have seen and increase in numbers with the 2.25" cores". I will also be doing the cam's in the future, for now it is a lot better. I will get out this weekend and be able to give a better report on the sound and performance.

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 20 queries.