Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Best head available (for CVO 110")  (Read 11466 times)

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
Best head available (for CVO 110")
« on: August 29, 2011, 07:05:48 PM »

'08 FXDSE 110", wanting some better heads , any advice ? what are people running ? Aftermarket replacement heads or working the existing ones , etc. ?
 :confused5:
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
Re: Best head available (for CVO 110")
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 08:44:10 PM »

jon miller at  http://www.twheelshd.com/  has built quality 110's that hold up well     jdo

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 08:56:54 PM »

There is a member on here Happyman that has an awesome set of heads for sale brand new done by basiley great price also.I have his phone # if interested,never used he had them done and sold his 2008 cvo so will fit your bike wont fit on 2009 and newer becaus of the motor mounts or I would of bought them for my 2011.it's a steal and the best at doing heads

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 09:01:32 PM »

http://baisley.com/ you can also check out this site,but happy man has the heads already done brand new so you can sell your stock heads and get a set that is already done for your bike he has the pro street head set up if I remember right.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 09:55:23 PM »

What is it you are trying to accomplish, goals, and what is it you feel does not meet your needs with the stock head?
The stock head, aside from the guides, are really a pretty fine piece and if more power is the goal a cam pistons (or milling) can wake up a 110 pretty nicely. So depending on the power level you are looking for and intended use your heads can be tailored to get the job done real well right up the ladder for not a lot of money.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 07:04:34 AM »

'08 FXDSE 110", wanting some better heads , any advice ? what are people running ? Aftermarket replacement heads or working the existing ones , etc. ?

Your existing castings re-worked, will get the job done, and then some. :2vrolijk_21:
Scott

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »

What is it you are trying to accomplish, goals, and what is it you feel does not meet your needs with the stock head?

Absolutely NOTHING stock on the bike has met my needs thus far, so........

As for what I am trying to accomplish, goals.....well I want a raunchy balls out hot rod that is barely street-able, if at all, that runs on 93 octane pump gas sorta like my ideal girlfriend; a dirty filthy whore with some semblance of manners and a vaguely acute sense of morality to be summoned at will.......

:jalapeno:
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 10:28:22 AM »

As for what I am trying to accomplish, goals.....well I want a raunchy balls out hot rod that is barely street-able, if at all, that runs on 93 octane pump gas sorta like my ideal girlfriend; a dirty filthy whore with some semblance of manners and a vaguely acute sense of morality to be summoned at will.......

OK then...we're perfectly clear on your goals................ :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 10:38:21 AM »

So you want a turbocharged ride then.  :2vrolijk_21: ;D
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 03:02:01 PM »

Do you have a target HP/TQ number in mind??
I'm sure if you narrow your "goals" to some hard numbers, there are a few shops that can get you what you want.
Sounds like you want a race bike you can license for the street.
 :nixweiss:
HOGMIKE

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 06:15:44 PM »

Get a hold of Nick Trask at TRASK Performance in Phoenix, they could hook you up with one hell of a Turbo setup.

geezerglide

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 07:38:56 PM »

Happen  have a set of new castings that were worked by  Baisley, as trahog  stated here/ They  are not going to fit a 08 i don't think, unless  drilled, and tapped for the new front motor mount..  i think  Don does this  procedure and seems to have no issues with it.  Don  has replied to you  this  forum.
the  heads are prostreet  heads, they would get  some decent performacne i am sure.
Happyman

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 08:14:03 PM »

Happen  have a set of new castings that were worked by  Baisley, as trahog  stated here/ They  are not going to fit a 08 i don't think, unless  drilled, and tapped for the new front motor mount..  i think  Don does this  procedure and seems to have no issues with it.  Don  has replied to you  this  forum.
the  heads are prostreet  heads, they would get  some decent performacne i am sure.
Happyman

Appreciate that, but I already made a deal custom suited to my specific application. Thanks for thinking of me though.

I am still interested to hear what heads others are running on their 110" and the results thereof .

:jalapeno: :drink:

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 08:43:26 AM »

Appreciate that, but I already made a deal custom suited to my specific application. Thanks for thinking of me though.

I am still interested to hear what heads others are running on their 110" and the results thereof .

:jalapeno: :drink:

I ran these Dave Mackie ported and flowed heads on my 110 with fantastic results...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 08:44:03 AM »

I ran these Dave Mackie ported and flowed heads on my 110 with fantastic results...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.