Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: clock goes out  (Read 48895 times)

Mount'nman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: FXSBSE (2014)
    • Family Web Site
Re: clock goes out
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2011, 11:01:07 PM »

By the way.. What is BCM?? I know what ECM is but until today I haven't heard of BCM..

Body Control Module  It's the box that switches things on and off and senses for opens and shorts and the likes.
Bike... and family protected by Ruger

cliffy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2011, 08:39:40 AM »

Took the bike to my local dealer today to check out alarm and resetting clock. The dealer could find no active or historic alarm but what he did find was a crushed / damaged cable under the dashboard assembly. They've ordered a replacement cable. They think the damage was done during the assembly process and suspect that it might be causing the problem.

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 07:42:25 PM »

had the bike in at local dealer yesterday, regarding speedo, he said there was a new download from moco, would not guarantee it would solve problem, but has done it on another bike, so fingers crossed

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2011, 07:46:34 PM »

computer update, no help........  :coolblue:

WalkerHarley

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2011, 04:43:24 PM »

Has anyone figured this problem out yet?

cliffy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2011, 03:10:44 AM »

My 2011 is getting a new speedo next week. The dealer said the cable had been damaged when originally built.Another thing that I noticed was a dodgy fuel range reading. It was saying I had 43 miles left, but when I filled up I noticed that I only had 2 litres left. The low fuel led light did not come on, though I'm told this would only come on when the range is down to 30 mile. Also just before I filled up the bike started misfiring, especially when leaning the bike through bends etc. The dealer things it's the speedo gauge causing the problem.   

Mount'nman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: FXSBSE (2014)
    • Family Web Site
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2011, 07:02:24 PM »

Asked my dealer if he knew anything about this problem and he said no but would check with Service rep...  10 min later he came back and said the MOCO had new ECM firmware that fixed part of the problem but that there may be another update coming by Jan 2012.  They installed the update for me so we shall see....
Bike... and family protected by Ruger

efriday

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2011, 07:09:11 PM »

On Saturday, i stopped by the Harley dealer in Manassas, Virginia (Whitt's HD), and told the service department about the symptoms I was having. They told me they had another Softtail Convertible in the shop with exactly the same symptoms. They were going to contact the Motor Company this week.
So at least the word is getting out that something is wrong.

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2011, 05:52:54 AM »

yep, now mines doing it...................... resets "every" time the bike is shut off.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2011, 09:08:23 AM »

Have you guys checked your battery connections.  Mine came loose (ground side) and caused a lot of weird problems.  There is a torque spec in the service manual.  It's tighter than you think.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

WalkerHarley

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2011, 04:01:59 PM »

They should be coming out with a calibration around the 25th of november to fix the problem.

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE Red
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2011, 11:05:43 AM »

My bike is still doing it.. it used to happen rarely but now it's getting worse.

My 2 year warranty is up in January  :behead:
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2011, 01:36:01 PM »

Yep, mine does it too and it seems to happen more often now that you guys pointed it out....

My speedo also fogs up whenever it goes from the garage to out in the sun. The amount of moisture in there can't be good for the electronics.

My warranty is up in April so I have a little more time to wait out the MoCo response to all the complaints.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2011, 03:44:23 PM »

now here is something a bit weird, 3 weeks ago i shipped my bike to perth western australia from melbourne, when i went to the harley dealer the bike had a flat battery, i assume the shipping company turned it on and didnt turn it off, long story short i ended up with a new battery fitted, rode out of the dealership to the annual HOG rally in margaret river , about 250 miles, 4 days there then a 3,000 mile ride home over the last week , arriving home yesterday, clock did not falter once after numerous times being turned on and off, from this i assume that even the slightest drop in battery voltage may have some effect, bike goes in for service this week , and will discuss with the sercice manager.

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2011, 07:19:39 AM »

MIne resets every time the bike is shut off now. It acts like it would if the battery was disconnected everytime and this would only show up on something like a clock. I'm going to clean the battery terminals and see what happens. The battery seems to be fully charged but I will check it just to see. I have had my console off and there is no pinched wires that I could see. I have my doubts about the shorted or pinched wire theory anyhow, non seem to be having any issues once they are set and while driving. A short or pinched wire would show up while the bike was running as well as not running and probably moreso.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.