Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: clock goes out  (Read 49336 times)

dflanagan2012

• IA

• CVO1: 2013 ultra classic cvo 110
Re: clock goes out
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2012, 03:07:37 PM »

purchased my 2012 softail on December 30th. rode it 50 mile since then, live in Iowa, the weather has been great but the sand and brine solution on the road is still too much for me, anyway, My bike has reset the clock 3 times just sitting in the garage waiting to be rode. I have a battery tender on the battery and the garage is heated to 60 deg all the time. might call dealer to make appointment to get software update for the fix.

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member
  • Live Life at Full Throttle !

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: FLHRSEI
    • CVO3: FXDWG2
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2012, 03:28:16 PM »

MIne did this a few times, and so far I have not had any problem. . . will keep my fingers crossed.
we got 5" of new white stuff this morning, and I heard the plows come by a little while ago, so that means a $hit load of SALT-sand has been spread . . . . Grrrrrrrrr.

:coolblue:
'Keep your Knees in the Breeze'
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2012 FLSTSE3 - Satin Pewter - 'Brush Gold'
2015 BMW F700GS
2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse  TS 111

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2012, 04:07:39 PM »

took the cover off on wednesday and went for a ride, and the Lo fuel light was on, the clock was flashing 12:00, so rode over the my local HD dealer, and they new of nothing. . . not a big surprise. when I started it to leave, the clock was still flashing, but the Lo Fuel was gone, but the NO Fob flashed . . . so I guess the problem has NOT been fixed in the 2012. . . .

any news on this problem ?  :nixweiss:
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2015 BMW F700GS

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2012, 06:25:54 PM »

Willy, that is indeed undesired news.  Would it not be conceivable that if somebody designed and built this speedometer unit, somebody could find the issue and make the next batch without the problem??  Perhaps somebody does not truly understand the science they are using and they are just lucky it works to get it off the line???  Pork.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2012, 08:12:25 PM »

Willy, that is indeed undesired news.  Would it not be conceivable that if somebody designed and built this speedometer unit, somebody could find the issue and make the next batch without the problem??  Perhaps somebody does not truly understand the science they are using and they are just lucky it works to get it off the line???  Pork.

:2vrolijk_21:  And it shouldn't surprise anyone who has been following Harley's history over the past decade.  Every single system they've "borrowed" from the automotive world has been full of bugs, from their interpretation of EFI to ABS to Electronic Throttle Control and now of course to CAN bus (HDLAN).  They don't test the stuff, they use customers as unpaid "volunteer" test riders.  And they are very slow to put out fixes, assuming they ever actually acknowledge the problems at all.  It's part of the modern Harley experience, kind of like how the older Harley experience included lots of oil dry and catch pans.  Isn't it great how we get to pay premium prices for all this?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2012, 12:18:46 AM »

Well!.................I guess you've said it all.................... ! :-\

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2012, 07:24:38 AM »

dont worry porkster, there is always next year and maybe the heritage cvo
 :D

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2012, 08:05:05 AM »

took the cover off on wednesday and went for a ride, and the Lo fuel light was on, the clock was flashing 12:00, so rode over the my local HD dealer, and they new of nothing. . . not a big surprise. when I started it to leave, the clock was still flashing, but the Lo Fuel was gone, but the NO Fob flashed . . . so I guess the problem has NOT been fixed in the 2012. . . .

any news on this problem ?  :nixweiss:

Willie, Tell your service guy he HAS to call MoCo tech to get any answers for this, and he has to be insistant about it. There is no standing bulletin and 98% of dealer service techs are clueless about this model.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2012, 10:20:07 AM »

Willie, Tell your service guy he HAS to call MoCo tech to get any answers for this, and he has to be insistant about it. There is no standing bulletin and 98% of dealer service techs are clueless about this model.

I'm beginning to believe that they are clueless about a LOT of things. . . :2vrolijk_21:
guess I will ask them to make a call  :2vrolijk_21:

Thx
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2015 BMW F700GS

k50chevy

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2012, 01:54:34 AM »

Dropped off my 2011 today for the same problem. I was able to tell them that it is not just my bike having this problem. The dealer said they will call tech service and talk to them. I will pass on the results.

denbad

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2012, 06:50:50 PM »

has anyone with this problem actually gotten it fixed by a dealer if so what did thay do  bike at dealer for 6 weeks moco said new speedo well fix butt it did not 2010 convetable denbad thanks  :nixweiss:

cliffy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2012, 01:23:18 PM »

I had the speedo and wiring replaced about 1000 miles ago and so far there has not been any clock resets. When my dealer initially looked at the problem in September they found a damaged cable under the speedo which they suspected might be causing the problem, hence the warranty replacement.

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2012, 12:21:59 AM »

Hey, Cliffy, how you doing???? :beerchug:  long time no see.  Just wanted to let you know I no longer own the '11 but do have a '12 and am loving it.  I share the frustration of all this electronic crap not working correctly.  Mine has done the same thing as yours a couple times but not in the last hundred or more miles.  Has to be just some little teeny thing that is messing stuff up.  I have a separate clock so the clock issue isn't very important but the low fuel has come on a time or 2 when it shouldn't as well.  All that junk should work as well as it did when they "supposedly" passed the test on the assembly line.  My '12 is running real strong.  Got the same bike you saw me sitting on last year at Sturgis.  Somebody said I need to change my avatar so guess that is in the future as well.   Say hello to your wife for me.  I may not be returning to Sturgis this year as I have a trip to Ireland in september planned as well as a trip back to Vietnam/Cambodia planned in October.  Only so much vacation for those of us still "putting the country through college", know what I mean??  ha!   the Porkster.

jtsgro

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2012, 12:12:45 PM »

I have a 2012 and I have the same problem. I was going to bring it up to the dealer when I brought the bike in for it's first 500 mile checkup. Clock goes to 1200 after resetting. When the bike starts up the low fuel and security lights stay on until the bike starts moving.

dflanagan2012

• IA

• CVO1: 2013 ultra classic cvo 110
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2012, 03:00:42 PM »

pulled the cover off this weekend and the clock has not reset again, rode saturday for 136 miles with no problems, I will probably wait before going to dealer until it acts up again, which I figure it will be a matter of time before it does it again, If it did it once it will do it again at some point!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.